Sean McVay discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame

How to make Spanish Rice​

Ingredients​

• Butter: Or your favorite cooking oil will work! We just need something to brown the rice, onions and garlic.
  • Rice: Long grain white rice works perfectly for this easy spanish rice recipe. You can use brown rice or cauliflower rice to lighten it up. Just make sure that if you are using brown rice to add more liquid and additional cooking time.
  • Onion + Garlic: Add so much flavor to the rice. Substitute onion and garlic powder if you can’t find fresh.
  • Chicken Stock: I prefer to use low sodium chicken stock. If you do not have chicken stock you can substitute water or vegetable stock.
  • Diced Tomatoes: I like using fire roasted tomatoes. You can use whatever kind of tomatoes you have on hand. Crushed tomatoes, salsa, tomato sauce or tomato paste can be used instead! If using tomato sauce I would use 1 (8 ounce can). For tomato paste I would use 1 tablespoon.
  • Spices: Bay leaves, cumin, chili powder and dried oregano are added. For a kick add more chili powder or cayenne.
  • Saute rice and onions: Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and melt butter. Add in rice and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently, 2-3 minutes. Add in onion and saute for 2-3 more minutes, stirring frequently or until slightly golden brown.
  • Add in spices: Garlic, cumin, chili powder and oregano. Saute for one minute.
  • Simmer: Pour in the chicken stock, fire roasted tomatoes and bay leaf. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is tender. (Refer to the back of your rice, some cook times are shorter or longer depending on what rice you choose)
  • Serve: When the rice is done fluff with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On one hand, we have a Center. On the other hand, we have a head coach who has had nothing but winning seasons and a 67.5% career winning percentage since taking over a team that hadn't had a winning season in over a decade. Yeah, I'll forgive this mistake.

MauiRam

Rookie
I don't post often on here, so when I do, it is often a serious discussion.

I don't know how to control my emotion on this one, but I am so angry at Sean McVay! Creed Humphrey is the best performing center in the league this year, and instead we took Tutu Atwell, who ended his season by tripping over his own feet. Adding insult to injury, the Chiefs had to picked Humphrey up instead so now Mahomes has a fantastic young center.

I won't even get started on McVay not trying to retain John Fassel because his ego was hurt. The Rams probably have the worst ST in the league, when we used to have the best. Matt Gay is a product of Hekker, not McVay or Snead.

No experts were high on Tutu Atwell because it was such a far out of left field pick.

Rant over, I am livid!!!!!
Maybe you're right - Urban Meyer is available - how about him? What say we hire Urban and fire McVay? Hindsight is 2020. If we could swap Tutu for Creed right now, I doubt there is anyone on this forum who would be against that swap. That said, McSnead thought otherwise at the time. I wonder what they'd say now about an even Stephen swap today?

I was on record for using our our highest pick prior to this year's draft on an O-lineman. It didn't happen .. It is what it is. Now we roll with what we've got.

Hell! We beat the Cardinals!

Okay, I'll admit to telling my wife right before the Cardinal's game that it would likely result in a beat down of the Rams. Happily I was wrong! She wanted to bet on the Rams right before the game because I was whining about injuries, covid etc.. I declined. I have never bet against the Rams on principle. That said, betting with my wife is a "heads she wins - tails I lose" proposition. On occasions when I have legitimately won, I've come to realize that actually collecting is a pie in the sky.

Getting my wife into watching football was an expensive endeavor, but that's another story entirely. In hindsight though, I'll admit it was worth it ..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You just had to go and get @Loyal all lathered up with visions of Creed in tights didn't you. :laugh4:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

how on earth are the rams 9 and 4 with such incompetence at hand???

there needs to be an investigation.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This level of incompetence is matched only by the Australians persisting with Marcus Harris as an Opening Batter?

I'd like to give you a high five but I haven't watched a game of cricket in over 30 years.

There's only room for one sport in my life during summer and that's the nfl.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't post often on here, so when I do, it is often a serious discussion.

I don't know how to control my emotion on this one, but I am so angry at Sean McVay! Creed Humphrey is the best performing center in the league this year, and instead we took Tutu Atwell, who ended his season by tripping over his own feet. Adding insult to injury, the Chiefs had to picked Humphrey up instead so now Mahomes has a fantastic young center.

I won't even get started on McVay not trying to retain John Fassel because his ego was hurt. The Rams probably have the worst ST in the league, when we used to have the best. Matt Gay is a product of Hekker, not McVay or Snead.

No experts were high on Tutu Atwell because it was such a far out of left field pick.

Rant over, I am livid!!!!!
Many many fans were passed about passing on Humphries, then double kissed with the Atwell pick. I get it. It hurts whenever you watch him play. He's very good and the leader of their Oline already.

Regarding Fassel, I'm not so sure he could help the Rams special teams. The poor STs play is a product of how the Rams construct their roster. Its top heavy and they usually trade back in drafts. The result is the lack of quality depth. When most teams have mid round picks playing on Special Teams the Rams mostly have UDFAs playing ST. The Rams mid to late round picks are often too valuable to risk on Special teams. The two best on the Rams this year have been Skowronek and Rochelle imo. The rest are rarely mentioned. The lack of depth is why the Rams have Christian Rozeboom and Terrell Burgess on their on sides kick hands team.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Many many fans were passed about passing on Humphries, then double kissed with the Atwell pick. I get it. It hurts whenever you watch him play. He's very good and the leader of their Oline already.

Regarding Fassel, I'm not so sure he could help the Rams special teams. The poor STs play is a product of how the Rams construct their roster. Its top heavy and they usually trade back in drafts. The result is the lack of quality depth. When most teams have mid round picks playing on Special Teams the Rams mostly have UDFAs playing ST. The Rams mid to late round picks are often too valuable to risk on Special teams. The two best on the Rams this year have been Skowronek and Rochelle imo. The rest are rarely mentioned. The lack of depth is why the Rams have Christian Rozeboom and Terrell Burgess on their on sides kick hands team.

It's ok man, you can type in pissed.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Coleman Shelton has made the Humphrey non-pick hurt less. Snead definitely has an eye for safety and OL talent in the later rounds.

But as far as coach? He isn't perfect but there's not another HC I'd rather have leading this team for the next 30 years.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
On one hand, we have a Center. On the other hand, we have a head coach who has had nothing but winning seasons and a 67.5% career winning percentage since taking over a team that hadn't had a winning season in over a decade. Yeah, I'll forgive this mistake.
Yeah 3rd most wins (52) from 2017-2021 in the entire NFL. Only 2 better? Andy Reid (#1, 58-20) and Payton (#2, 55-22). And he might pass Payton before the year is out.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I was mad too bro. I have been pounding the table for the Rams to draft a stud C since they let Sullivan leave. Every year I get excited, thinking oh they'll draft this guy or that guy (Creed was one of them), and get close to losing my Ramdom fandom when they bypass all of them to pick guys who don't pan out. (Atwell, Everett) The Rams should be thankful that Shelton & Allen turned into serviceable centers.
Ya this is partly on McVay, but mostly on Snead. Snead should've run to the podium to grab Creed, but I think he had his eye on a different WR that got picked just before our Atwell pick IIRC, so I think he just slid down his WR board & settled for Atwell. Even then, I think there were other C choices available even after the Atwell pick, but I really like E. Jones & the others, Brown IV could be a nice pick too. But had Allen & now Shelton not panned out, this season would've been a disaster -- we had so much pressure coming straight up the middle during the Blythe years that it was a big factor in Goff's performance. (notaGoffthread)
As for ST, that's a more complicated matter. Bones was slipping & we needed new blood, but maybe he was slipping as the other poster said, because our ST corps is suffering attrition due to our mid & late round picks being used to find starters.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Scott Linehan, Steve Spagnuolo & Jeff Fisher. Sorry @Aulac I like Coach McVay very, very, much.
r

stevespagnuoloapjpg-c160bff5634e2c6d.jpg

1639750227729.jpeg

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Oddly enough, Jrry, we may just have another Center if Mr. Coleman Shelton continues to play like he has so far.
Think about this way, if we had drafted Creed which one of Brian Allen or Coleman Shelton would we have released?
How would that have benefited the team?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Tano

Legend
Oddly enough, Jrry, we may just have another Center if Mr. Coleman Shelton continues to play like he has so far.
Think about this way, if we had drafted Creed which one of Brian Allen or Coleman Shelton would we have released?
How would that have benefited the team?

~ArkyRamsFan~
I would have kept all 3 (Coleman on the PS)

Never have enough OL