Schefter: Not an ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I don't buy the scare tissue explanation. One of the primary objectives in rehab is to break up the scare tissue early. It is either a bone bruise or hyper extension based on my review of the tape.

FRO

Legend
Anytime you have an injury that area of the body can get very tender. He just went knee to knee with the defender and it looked like it really shook him up. I don't think it's a serious injury. I just think they are playing things safe. Needless to say Sam won't be in there the final preseason game and I see no reason to play Shaun Hill either.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It's not like there's anything wrong with his body or his injury prone in a "negative way."

He's taken a beating and kept on ticking outside of a dirty hit by a Carolina d-bag and Spags idiocy in running him out there with a high ankle sprain that wasn't fully healed. Only two issues the dude has had.
Not true

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anytime you have an injury that area of the body can get very tender. He just went knee to knee with the defender and it looked like it really shook him up. I don't think it's a serious injury. I just think they are playing things safe. Needless to say Sam won't be in there the final preseason game and I see no reason to play Shaun Hill either.
Way off base.Fisher will not play scared.He already said the starters will play more next week.He likes to get momentum going into the regular season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just to add I had a huge bet on Rams vs Baltimore when they won the Super Bowl.I also had a future bet at 150-1. Just saying you need Shaun Hill to get at least first half reps.
I don't know how many Rams fans were sure about Kurt Warner at the time.I was one of those people that would watch Euro ball.It was funny how a player like Nutten would have a little Ram logo representing The Rams.
I just know Warner was the 3rd QB behind old Niner Qb(like Hill) & Tony Banks.DV gave both London Fletcher & Warner the start game 16 at SF in 1998.
Point being ,that some things workout when you least expect it.I trusted Warner in his game management skills.Football is also a team game,& home games are huge.If DV doesn't play Warner in the last preseason game as much as he did,who knows.I believe as Fisher in momentum.
--Look at all those Bulger preseason a.It reminds me of Cleveland having trouble scoring.Good luck with that.

FRO

Legend
Way off base.Fisher will not play scared.He already said the starters will play more next week.He likes to get momentum going into the regular season.
Last year barely any starters played the 4th preseason game. I wouldn't call that playing scared. I would call that prudent. If guys are needing the work, then play them. Other key starters that are good to go, sit them. That simple. No need to get guys hurt.

FRO

Legend
It is true.
Please list all the various injuries and times he's had to leave a game because he was too hurt to play since he was drafted and became a millionaire.
High ankle and ACL. Those aren't constant soft tissue issues. I think his knee is fine and if it isn't we will have a new QB next year. People like to whine.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
High ankle and ACL. Those aren't constant soft tissue issues. I think his knee is fine and if it isn't we will have a new QB next year. People like to whine.
Agreed. I've said all along that if he misses significant time this year that it's time to reload at QB, but i have a problem with fans and media that label Bradford as this guy who misses a ton of games and is always nursing something, is soft and injury prone. Thats BS lazy thinking that has spread around the league because it's a convenient criticism on top of his average QB play. He's tough as nails, can and HAS taken hit after hit, and has only missed time twice. Shutdown once, and a freak ACL running out of bounds.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see that hit on Sam being low or cheap in any way. Looked to me like he tried to avoid the late hit and tried to hold up. Leaving #8 to near his entire weight. Sam probably would have been better off taking a direct hit
I think it's a hyperextension or an it band issue.
Perfect reason to give him a week off.

FRO

Legend
I don't see that hit on Sam being low or cheap in any way. Looked to me like he tried to avoid the late hit and tried to hold up. Leaving #8 to near his entire weight. Sam probably would have been better off taking a direct hit
I think it's a hyperextension or an it band issue.
Perfect reason to give him a week off.
His play on the field doesn't warrant putting him in for another preseason game he is ready to go. My only concern is he may get a bit skittish in the pocket now.

TexRamFan

Rookie
His play on the field doesn't warrant putting him in for another preseason game he is ready to go. My only concern is he may get a bit skittish in the pocket now.

Assuming he has no more structural damage (PLEASE BE THE CASE!)...This is my fear as well. Confidence is everything in the pocket and it appeared he was pretty confident throwing the ball to Quick and Britt. But I will save that worry for another day until I find out he is o.k.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Perhaps. But this wasn't a blindside hit.

FRO

Legend
Perhaps. But this wasn't a blindside hit.
Yeah but one if but he knows if he goes down again his job is on the could be over. That has to weigh in. He could go into self preservation mode. Not saying he will, because he is a tough dude. There is a difference between someone who is soft and someone who has had injuries. High ankle and ACL injuries don't make you soft. He has to be one of the most bit QBs during the time he has been in the league.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah but one if but he knows if he goes down again his job is on the could be over. That has to weigh in. He could go into self preservation mode. Not saying he will, because he is a tough dude. There is a difference between someone who is soft and someone who has had injuries. High ankle and ACL injuries don't make you soft. He has to be one of the most bit QBs during the time he has been in the league.

The good thing; Bradford is one of the more mentally tough QBs out there. He stands a better chance than most to keep his concentration on his passes.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I wish it was a bold statement. It's just acceptance at this point. I have high hopes every year for this team and then I'm usually brought quickly back to reality. I had the highest of hopes for Bradford and have backed the choice since day 1. Dude cannot stay healthy and there's no reason to think he's going to suddenly have a 5-7 year run of health and production. I'm very disappointed about that but there's no other rational way to look at it.
So you are saying that if someone disagrees with you they are irrational,,f that.
Sam has had injuries and the only common thread is they've happened to him,,that hit would have done the same to anyone,the fact is that statistically he should over his career have X number of injuries and he's had 3 so he should have x-3 left to go,that's the rational way to look at it ,your's is a fatlistic way of looking at it and FWIW reflects an attitude I find objectionable, I don't know why you think you are the seat of rational thought on this but it's insulting for you to say.

You really need to learn how to use qualifiers in your posts and fewer absolutes.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I wish. I keep getting visited by deer eating peas I planned for green manure in my future back yard. Maybe Bambi will suffice.
Deer-eating peas? Schnykies! You live near Three Mile Island or sumptin'?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
lost in all of this is the fact that the offensive line still sucks something fierce. It's an over a decade long problem and I'm sick of it.

Disagree, Long looked rusty in his first game back but the rest played well. Cleveland was really eyeing the run and got burned repeatedly.