Schefter: Not an ACL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Nick Wagoner ‏@nwagoner 1m
Per @AdamSchefter, no damage to Bradford's ACL on initial tests. But more tests await.

"Initial tests on Rams QB Sam Bradford's knee did not show damage to ACL. Team "dodged a bullet." Still, more tests on knee scheduled Sunday."

Last edited:

RamsFan14

Starter
Not to sound so picky, but I wish they'd include info on his MCL too. If anything that's just as important and probably as injury prone as the ACL. Some info is better then NO info so I shouldn't complain... Just praying he's alright...

Everyone is getting hurt :(

Slappy967

Starter
This is good but not great news. Once we get confirmation of him not being seriously hurt I will be ecstatic!

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 7m
Initial tests on Rams QB Sam Bradford's knee did not show damage to ACL. Team "dodged a bullet." Still, more tests on knee scheduled Sunday.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Protect the qb. That's it. Theme of the damned season.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 7m
Initial tests on Rams QB Sam Bradford's knee did not show damage to ACL. Team "dodged a bullet." Still, more tests on knee scheduled Sunday.
thanks,, for reposting

moklerman

Warner-phile
I wish it was a bold statement. It's just acceptance at this point. I have high hopes every year for this team and then I'm usually brought quickly back to reality. I had the highest of hopes for Bradford and have backed the choice since day 1. Dude cannot stay healthy and there's no reason to think he's going to suddenly have a 5-7 year run of health and production. I'm very disappointed about that but there's no other rational way to look at it.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I wish it was a bold statement. It's just acceptance at this point. I have high hopes every year for this team and then I'm usually brought quickly back to reality. I had the highest of hopes for Bradford and have backed the choice since day 1. Dude cannot stay healthy and there's no reason to think he's going to suddenly have a 5-7 year run of health and production. I'm very disappointed about that but there's no other rational way to look at it.

You may be correct but this is not the time to post that. Timing is everything.

Athos

Legend

It's not like there's anything wrong with his body or his injury prone in a "negative way."

He's taken a beating and kept on ticking outside of a dirty hit by a Carolina d-bag and Spags idiocy in running him out there with a high ankle sprain that wasn't fully healed. Only two issues the dude has had.

moklerman

Warner-phile
You may be correct but this is not the time to post that. Timing is everything.
Yes, nothing like popping online for a second and seeing the headline on Yahoo sports, finding out the season's pretty much over before it even starts. I'm not sure just how I should be calmly taking this information?

Slappy967

Starter
Let us not forget that if Jake Long wasn't rusty as hell, he wouldn't have let his guy land on Bradford's knee. Pretty sure O lineman failing on their assignment is not Sam's bodies fault.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It's not like there's anything wrong with his body or his injury prone in a "negative way."

He's taken a beating and kept on ticking outside of a dirty hit by a Carolina d-bag and Spags idiocy in running him out there with a high ankle sprain that wasn't fully healed. Only two issues the dude has had.
Believe me, I've wanted to keep a positive spin and hopeful outlook with the guy but while I agree he doesn't have a chronic issue with his shoulder like we all feared when he was drafted, the guy seems to fit the definition of injury-prone. He hurts something different just about every year. Shoulder, ankle, knee...I've defended him 'til I'm blue in the face but the naysayers seem to have called it more correctly than me.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Yes, nothing like popping online for a second and seeing the headline on Yahoo sports, finding out the season's pretty much over before it even starts. I'm not sure just how I should be calmly taking this information?

How about not jumping to conclusions and hoping for the best?

Lesson

Oh, really?

There's no diagnosis on the injury just yet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I would start by not buying into the media's label.

Sam was lost last year. We know that.

Prior to that? His ankle wasn't an injury that would have cost him much time on a good team. They parked him because the team sucked.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Believe me, I've wanted to keep a positive spin and hopeful outlook with the guy but while I agree he doesn't have a chronic issue with his shoulder like we all feared when he was drafted, the guy seems to fit the definition of injury-prone. He hurts something different just about every year. Shoulder, ankle, knee...I've defended him 'til I'm blue in the face but the naysayers seem to have called it more correctly than me.
Just STOP,,, we get it,, you think he is done. Turn the page. GEEZ! You don't have to post the same thing every 2 minutes!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nobody was calm about it. You're the only one who spazzed and called him a china doll.