Schaden-freakin-freude - MEDIA FALLOUT THREAD OF ALL MEDIA FALL OUT THREADS. Super Bowl 56 edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not a media person but I was wrong, I was mad as hell about the trade, didn't think Stafford was any better than Goff, was thinking he's older, got too many miles on him, did not believe he would take us to a Superbowl let alone win one (but that was probably more the salt talking) I was dead wrong about him and I couldn't be happier. My husband told me about game 3 to stop crying over Goff and come watch this Stafford guy, glad I did and I love him just as much now.
I knew it was an immediate upgrade. Goff did some good things and appreciate what he did. But I never felt we could get over that hump with him. With Stafford I felt we had the guy we need with this roster. Honestly, I woulda considered the trade a success after reaching the NFCCG. Now its obvious it was worth giving up the picks. They achieved something that can never be taken away.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yeah, former-Jets GM and Miami executive Mike Tannenbaum said exactly that earlier today.

Tannenbaum, like Scott Pioli (Patriots, Chiefs and Falcons) and Marc Ross Giants), were very critical of the Rams trading-away their high draft choices; and, accordingly, are extremely reluctant to say anything positive regarding the Rams' strategy and success.

As long-time team-executives, these guys value high draft choices as comparable to their own children. So trading them away is frowned-upon. Typically, they have under-valued the Rams' talent and chance for success. When the Rams win, these guys look dopey, and have the need to come-up with negative comments or takes regardless of whether they have any factual merit.

Their strategy is to double and triple down on being wrong, rather that simply adjusting their opinions and through process.

There are a few exceptions but such individuals need to have credibility and a recognition of truth and facts. Jim Trotter of the NFL Network, who today admitted he had little faith n Matthew Stafford entering the Post-Season but was proven wrong by Stafford's stellar-play,
It’s just like the GSOT days. People refused to give Martz any credit for his innovation. A few years later and most of the league was using concepts of his scheme.

I’ll never forget watching ESPN and one guy stuck up for Martz when he realized that every play can be either a run or pass and the QB decides based on the coverage. He seemed to be in shock when he discovered it. It just proved that all of the criticism was based on a lack of understanding….which usually ends up being the case.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Hey Kyler, guess what! The NFL is hard. A lot harder than college when your on a stacked team playing weaker Big12 opponents.

Interestingly enough, I have heard several people mention that Murray has improved each year. Maybe it’s just that his weapons were upgraded. Greg Cossell watches a ton of film. He doesn’t think Murray has improved at all in three years. He looks the same to me.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I knew it was an immediate upgrade. Goff did some good things and appreciate what he did. But I never felt we could get over that hump with him. With Stafford I felt we had the guy we need with this roster. Honestly, I woulda considered the trade a success after reaching the NFCCG. Now its obvious it was worth giving up the picks. They achieved something that can never be taken away.
I really believed in Goff, I knew there had been some set backs but I still thought he could get there, but now with time and distance I can see that my "fan girldom" was getting the way of my judgement. I still think with the right tools he's a good QB, but Stafford is that next level of great, I can see that now and with hind sight i'm really happy we made the trade

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I have not listened to Skip Bayless for many years I don’t think he is honest.

Some media types intentionally go to an extreme opinion because they know it will enrage a segment of the audience and help with ratings. The trick is to NOT have that segment stop viewing/listening.

If you hate Skip but tune-in, Skip wins.

I have a similar opinion of “Screaming” A. Smith.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
For all of you guys ragging on Skip. Bayless only says things for effect. I don’t watch him because none of it should be taken seriously.

BUT, when the Rams made the trade for Stafford last January, Skip gave it an A. He loved it. Shannon gave it a C+. He didn’t like it. Recently Shannon claims he never doubted Stafford and Skip acts like he thinks Stafford isn’t that good.

View: https://youtu.be/YOatb_tqKw8

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I really believed in Goff, I knew there had been some set backs but I still thought he could get there, but now with time and distance I can see that my "fan girldom" was getting the way of my judgement. I still think with the right tools he's a good QB, but Stafford is that next level of great, I can see that now and with hind sight i'm really happy we made the trade

I believe it will be fun to watch the Lions grow in the short-term because of Goff and how Brad Holmes proceeds to build around him. They have some draft picks that should serve them well, and we all know that Holmes has a good record of hitting on them.
jmo.

JYB

Starter
Here's his "take" in Week 3. "Trust me on this...Tompa Bay Tompa Bay"....LMAOOOOOO

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5zrnVXMOPE&t=1000s

This delusional lunatic is out of his mind. Stafford did it Brady again in the playoffs. And then when Staff's team was crumbling around him, Stafford -- unless TREMENDOUS pressure -- out-clutched Brady and stole Brady's greatest ever comeback and made it his own.

And for that, wacko Skippy will never forgive him.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
So Bruschi is saying Stafford wouldn't win in NE because Belichick is too much of a d*ckweed. I'm not sure I can argue with that....
I’m sure BeliCHEAT would find a way to win regardless of the situation.