Schaden-freakin-freude - MEDIA FALLOUT THREAD OF ALL MEDIA FALL OUT THREADS. Super Bowl 56 edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I’m sure the question was could Stafford play in NE, and of course Tedy said what he said. Tedy has every right to believe that Brady walks on water and no one else could measure up to him but there will continue to be Super Bowls and guys who aren’t Brady will win them.
So, maybe he’s right, maybe Stafford couldn’t succeed in NE but that doesn’t mean he can’t get a ring or two.
It doesn't have anything to do with Brady, and Bruschi said Stafford wouldn't win in LA either.

The question was should New England trade for Stafford to replace Cam Newton. (If Cam Newton can play up there, why would it be too hard for Stafford).

Bruschi's comments about the coaching being too tough came after it floated that Stafford didn't want to be in New England with Matt Patricia, which Stafford never said anyway.

There was no truth in any part of what he said.

tempests

Hall of Fame
So Bruschi is saying Stafford wouldn't win in NE because Belichick is too much of a d*ckweed. I'm not sure I can argue with that....
No. He said Stafford was too mentally soft to be a New England Patriot. And that same quality is why he wouldn't win a championship in the NFL.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
No. He said Stafford was too mentally soft to be a New England Patriot. And that same quality is why he wouldn't win a championship in the NFL.
So many people were wrong about Stafford. I still have yet to see one of them admit they were wrong.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So many people were wrong about Stafford. I still have yet to see one of them admit they were wrong.
They might not say they were wrong about Stafford, but they are saying that the Lions were really that bad.

Flint

Pro Bowler
How many producers does it take to come up with some of this stuff? AD had as many sacks and qb hits as Von, if he’s so great why doesn’t he have more? AD is doubled and tripled more than anyone in the nfl and he still puts up numbers. It’s like arguing with a child who refuses to acknowledge the overwhelming evidence in front of his face because they don’t want to admit being wrong.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The only thing better than a high draft pick is an already proven legit top tier player

I love high draft picks, the kids are the future pro bowlers of the NFL
The problem is there are no guarantees, Give me the proven stud all day

High draft picks suck. Means your season was shit. Probably means the rest of your organization is shit too. Also explains why the Commodes, Lions, Jaguars, Browns, Bears, Jets, Raiders, etc are ALWAYS in the top 10 in varying order despite having high round picks.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
High draft picks suck. Means your season was shit. Probably means the rest of your organization is shit too. Also explains why the Commodes, Lions, Jaguars, Browns, Bears, Jets, Raiders, etc are ALWAYS in the top 10 in varying order despite having high round picks.
100 percent - and this years draft is a crap shoot in the top 10 - you could get Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I’m glad we are celebrating our SB and going to work in the later rounds

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
For more than a decade, there was a point in the season ... usually around mid/late-November ... when the focus of many Rams' fans (me included) changed from that season and the Rams' record to the up-coming off-season We would start to think about cap space for free agency and the draft. I would spend time reading about potential mid-to-late-round prospects because the Rams had so many needs.

Even though I followed the NFL and its post-season, as a Rams' fan, it seemed like forever until the start of the League Year and Free Agency. Then, after the Draft, the hope for the up-coming season would start but maybe two months into that next season, it was right back to thinking about the next off-season.

Not under McVay; and especially NOT this season!

Barring a surprise retirement or unexpected event, I am in a great mood for the foreseeable future. If anything, the 2022 League Year will come too fast. In less than four weeks, the NFL will be into free agency; and teams will have made moves to be under cap.

I don't think I will spend any time researching the 2022 Draft. After the Rams make their first selection at around #100 overall, I will read all I can about their Draft-Class.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
By-the-Way, Rob Parker doubled-down on being a moron by saying this yesterday:

He did win, I didn’t think he would win, I thought he would not get it done at the end of the game, and he wound up doing it.

Was it anything different from what I expected from Matthew Stafford? No.

Did he change my opinion of him? No.

Did he prove me wrong that he could get it done? Yes. But I haven’t changed my opinion. I looked at that game and how he played, and while he won – he’s a champion and has a Super Bowl – I think people have gone off the deep end with this over-crazed narrative about him and his accomplishments.

I looked at that game and thought to myself ‘there are 10-12 quarterbacks who could have won a Super Bowl with the Rams, including Ryan Tannehill.’ I just thought he played ‘well enough’,

I hated to see the flags at the end and thought that was unfortunate that we had to see that after they had basically let them play for more than three quarters. Then the phantom holding in the end zone was a crucial call against the Bengals that hurt.

Any top 15 quarterback could have won that Super Bowl.”
Never been a fan.

Love for him to come up with that list of almost half the league that could have won the game minus a key weapon and no running game.

Donald Trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

100 percent - and this years draft is a crap shoot in the top 10 - you could get Chris Long or Vernon Gholston. I’m glad we are celebrating our SB and going to work in the later rounds
My comment was in regards to the higher rounds not the the first few pick in the first round. Sorry thought that was clearly implied my bad.
The point is proven talent is a solid plan of attack even though earlier picks can be very romantic they still have the unproven factor.

Last edited:

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I'm not a media person but I was wrong, I was mad as hell about the trade, didn't think Stafford was any better than Goff, was thinking he's older, got too many miles on him, did not believe he would take us to a Superbowl let alone win one (but that was probably more the salt talking) I was dead wrong about him and I couldn't be happier. My husband told me about game 3 to stop crying over Goff and come watch this Stafford guy, glad I did and I love him just as much now.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm not a media person but I was wrong, I was mad as hell about the trade, didn't think Stafford was any better than Goff, was thinking he's older, got too many miles on him, did not believe he would take us to a Superbowl let alone win one (but that was probably more the salt talking) I was dead wrong about him and I couldn't be happier. My husband told me about game 3 to stop crying over Goff and come watch this Stafford guy, glad I did and I love him just as much now.
Wow I'm glad you came around. I thought as mad as you got about the trade you had quit being a Rams fan, I'm glad that wasn't the case.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Man he really believes this. Lol

View: https://youtu.be/FSxvDy9PCgs

And?? One thing McVay isn’t is fake, yes he gets excited and runs the length of the field but that’s just him. Maybe it’s annoying if you’re in Detroit or Jacksonville but in LA where you get to go to the playoffs and the SB, it’s just him.
Is that the worst thing you can come up with? Skip is embarrassing himself. First off it’s not the first time I’ve seen a coach do that and second would you rather that or Shanahan who barely looks up from his call sheet when they score.
And let’s compare the coaches for the rams and skip’s beloved Cowboys, ask him if he would trade straight up and let’s see what he says.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I barely watched 50 seconds and bailed out. I understand he says things to be outrageous and get clicks but I just don't understand how anyone can sit and actually enjoy listening to this scarecrow looking fool talk.

that was 50 seconds more than me. can't click on any video with him in it.