Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I remember right after the season ended i listed Robinson, Gaines, Barnes, Kendricks, and Austin (among others) as guys I thought we should move on from...

In McVay-Phillips-Kromer I trust...
Why Gaines? He was incredibly cheap and showed he could produce.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People just pushing Austin out the door before the season even play out lol..

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Man that site maintenance they did really improved this site.

Let's do some more site maintenance and see if we can get Julio Jones.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very funny how Rams fans, some at least, seem upset we gave up a 2nd. Bills fans are irate they only got a 2nd not a 1st.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Didn't Sammy run a 4.4????

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:
Don't be so coy about how you feel Champ! Let it all hang out!!:LOL::D

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
Extremely happy with this trade. If Watkins is healthy and i know thats a big if. Look at all of the weapons we have now. I rhink that they keep austin for now, the more weapons the better for this year but yeah no way you are paying that kind of money to him next year. Cant trade him anyway, who is going to take on a 14 million dollar contract

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
People just pushing Austin out the door before the season even play out lol..

he was likely on his way out before the trade, so its almost a certainty hes gone now.

He was in a starting battle with Webster so he would have been our 3rd at least.

But NRC is the slot cb and therefore the 3rd CB. therefore they were really competing for the 2nd and 4th CB role

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
He was in a starting battle with Webster so he would have been our 3rd at least.

Not in practical terms. Webster had him covered for the 2nd spot and Robey-Coleman is our nickel corner. That means in Nickel formations Coleman is the 3rd CB to come on the field. E.J. would be a relief/Dime package corner and apparently Troy Hill has been impressing in camp. Yet again, we didn't need Gaines.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Btw there used to be a ROD member who went into stalker mode for months about the Rams needing to draft Sammy Watkins and then imploding when they didn't. He was eventually bounced.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::rolllaugh:

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Extremely happy with this trade. If Watkins is healthy and i know thats a big if. Look at all of the weapons we have now. I rhink that they keep austin for now, the more weapons the better for this year but yeah no way you are paying that kind of money to him next year. Cant trade him anyway, who is going to take on a 14 million dollar contract

while I agree a trade is unlikely to happen, at least this season, the rams could make it more appealing by eating some of the money so its not as big of a cap hit for the other team. They will be paying him trade or no trade, so taking on some dead money that amounts to less than hes already going to be paid this season could be appealing to the Rams