Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When they said Brian Quick's name over Cordy Glenn or Sammy Watkins you could have knocked me over with a feather.
Dude! Brian Quick was drafted 2 years before Sammy Watkins. If you wanted them to draft Watkins over Quick that would've been something to see.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me too especially while giving up Gaines. Seems like a lot for a guy that hasn't made it thru an entire season, ever!
Wrong he played a full season his rookie year. Hasn't played a full one since, played 14 in 2015 and 8 last year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Love the move, think Tavon might be traded next year IF we re-sign Watkins...for this year I think Tavon is a RB/WR.

Gurley
Brown
Sam Rogers
Tavon

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Cooper
Reynolds
Spruce (maybe Thomas after the suspension)

Tavon doesn't see the field as much as last year, but provides great insurance for WR and RB - especially since both Woods and Watkins have injury histories. Tavon spends more time at RB than ever before and plays WR in 4 WR sets.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I remember a reporter asking McVay about his conversation with Gaines after his scrum Wednesday vs. the Chargers, and McVay replied that he told EJ he supports him. What that translated to was... "EJ, I'm trading your a$$ to Buffalo. Good Luck."

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And some people thought we had "so much" WR depth that we needed to keep 7....
Lol

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Curious to see how he performs under McVay, Buffalo's system wasn't exactly WR-friendly

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now we know what that power meeting was about after practice. They were asking his Goffness if it was acceptable to make this trade.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Think of our offense now...We have an improved Oline, with a ProBowl level LT. We have Gurley and Austin lined up behind Goff, and Sammy Watkins,Woods, and Kupps at WR.....

Jet sweep to Austin will work this year...

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
450087760-enjoy-shopping-at-the-oh-so-fun-world-market-xy41wt-clipart.jpg

A55VA6

Legend
Wait..... WHAT?
FUCK YEAH!!!!!

lol but for real.. if the guy can stay healthy, we have ourselves a #1 WR. Woods is a #2, Kupp sounds like he's going to be a great slot guy/ or a #2 kind of WR, and then whatever Tavon, Reynolds, P.Cooper can be provides more targets for Goff.

Just because I'm bored....

Rams get:
WR Sammy Watkins
2018 6th round pick

Bills get:
CB E.J. Gaines
2018 2nd round pick

Pros:
-Legit young #1 WR if healthy. 2015 he got over 1,000 yards and 9 TD's in 13 games.
-Can take the top off a defense.. something we need desperately.
-Great after the catch/YAC.
-Gaines is always injured anyways, and coaches must like our depth and versatility there. And hey let's face it, we suck at drafting. So why not gamble a 2nd rounder on a young proven player?

Cons:
Injuries might be a concern
Free agent at the end of the season.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Isnt he in the last year of his contract ?

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I remember right after the season ended i listed Robinson, Gaines, Barnes, Kendricks, and Austin (among others) as guys I thought we should move on from...

In McVay-Phillips-Kromer I trust...

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Sammy Watkins has superstar #1WR "potential" possibly close to Julio Jones in Atlanta.