Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
In a separate trade, Buffalo also acquired WR Jordan Matthews from the Eagles for CB Ronald Darby and a 3rd.
crap IS GOING DOWN TODAY!!!
The Bills no longer have thier top 3 WRs and CBs from last season. The Rams have 3 of them.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Absolutely incredible and exactly what the doctor ordered. Watkins is a premiere NFL deep threat when healthy. Watkins the exact guy the Rams have been missing as a number 1 since Tory Holt.

1. Watkins- DeSean deep threat
2. Woods- Garcon Possession
3. Kupp- Crowder reliable slot
4. Tavon- Taylor Gabriel

HELLLLL YAAAAA

WestCoastRam

Legend
We keep talking about our WR depth and how it will shake out... but what's our CB depth now??

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Clearly we feel very comfortable with our DBs to make this trade. Gives us flexibility with Tavon, although ideally I'd love to see them be a dynamic offense together instead. But worst case scenario, we trade Tavon and make up for losing the 2nd rounder. That'd be my thinking process if I were Snead at least. I'm curious if camp reports regarding Watkins have been good. I'd have to assume he's healthy and doing well at this point--he's a proven legit #1. Not gonna lie, the potential makes me extremely pumped, but I'm also going to just wait and see. Trying to be balanced with expectations for once lol I will say though I've been really happy since we've acquired McVay. I truly do think things are going to change significantly with him (in a very positive way).

TheBunk

Rookie
Watkins is injury prone but certainly worth risking a 2nd rounder on. EJ was just as likely to get injured anyway. Good move!

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Where will we fit everyone? Plus, Watkins is gonna have to get paid soon and letting Austin go clears up big money in the coming years.
Watkins , woods , Austin, kupp sounds good to me . We don't know if they resign Watkins after this year , Austin has been alot healthier than him and we finally get to see Austin in a real nfl offense . If Sammy tears it up i can see them asking Tavon to restructure but I'm pumped to see Tavon this year.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Watkins , woods , Austin, kupp sounds good to me . We don't know if they resign Watkins after this year , Austin has been alot healthier than him and we finally get to see Austin in a real nfl offense . If Sammy tears it up i can see them asking Tavon to restructure but I'm pumped to see Tavon this year.

There's no way we trade a second for a rental, my brotha. Les and Demoff must certainly have a long term plan and unfortunately I think Austin will turn out to be the one year rental.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
It's 2nd round loss and a decent CB. For a players that injury prone and on a contract year it's a big risk. I like Sammy but just hope he can stay healthy.
I hear you, it's all about his health. But his ceiling compared to a second round pick and Gaines is no contest .

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Don't be surprised if Tavon is already traded and it's getting sorted. This could be the move Snead makes, to free up cap for Donald.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are really going to find out about Jared Goff this year....

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
There's no way we trade a second for a rental, my brotha. Les and Demoff must certainly have a long term plan and unfortunately I think Austin will turn out to be the one year rental.
We will see , if he's healthy and reaches his potential then next off season will be very tough