Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_1656.GIF

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always an option to trade Tavon end of the year try and get that second back

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now we have Woods and Watkins thanks Buffalo, I would much rather have given up a 3rd or 4th rounder though

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What does this mean for Tavon Austin?

Imho absolutely nothing, Austin is under control and Watkins isn't and they don't play the position the same way, for anything I think this signing actually helps them both because defense can't key on Austin and vice versa

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Didn't Sammy run a 4.4????

:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::party::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Gaines was our 4th quarter lol , this is a great trade for us and if it doesn't work out no big loss
It's 2nd round loss and a decent CB. For a players that injury prone and on a contract year it's a big risk. I like Sammy but just hope he can stay healthy.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
In a separate trade, Buffalo also acquired WR Jordan Matthews from the Eagles for CB Ronald Darby and a 3rd.
SHIT IS GOING DOWN TODAY!!!

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
What does this mean for Tavon Austin?

IMHO, if Watkins is healthy this is huge for everyone. He's the #1 deep threat we need and it opens up so much for Tavon in space, not to mention Gurley.

No way I get rid of TA. These guys can make each other's life so much easier.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fuck I love this front office

If fish was still here we would be going into this season with Britt and quit as our 1 and 2 WR .... now it's likely woods Watkins kupp and Austin ... and the defence has to account for high and Everette as well plus Gurley ....

Anyone think Tavons injury is worse than first thought hence the trade

Fuck I'm all in and excited

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
And Gaines isn't? Good move IMO it's worth the pick.
Did I say he wasn't? You give up a 2nd round pick for an injury prone WR on a contract year. Big risk. If it works out and he stays healthy that's great. But now you have to pay him and hope he remains healthy for the remainder of his playing career.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Mods can we get this moved over to the thread with a proper title lol.

Done. Btw there used to be a ROD member who went into stalker mode for months about the Rams needing to draft Sammy Watkins and then imploding when they didn't. He was eventually bounced.
********************************************************************************
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...kins-to-rams-get-jordan-matthews-from-eagles/

Bills trade Sammy Watkins to Rams, get Jordan Matthews from Eagles
Posted by Michael David Smith on August 11, 2017

630499160-e1502470586523.jpg

Getty Images

Three years after using two first-round draft picks and a fourth-round draft pick to acquire him, the Bills are moving on from Sammy Watkins.

Watkins, the talented but so far disappointing wide receiver, has been traded to the Rams. To replace him, the Bills have acquired receiver Jordan Matthews from the Eagles.

The Bills announced that they’ve shipped Watkins and a sixth-round draft pick to the Rams for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a second-round draft pick. Separately, the Bills announced that they sent cornerback Ronald Darby to the Eagles for Jordan Matthews and a third-round draft pick.

The twin trades come out of left field and are significant for all three teams involved. But it’s the Bills who are making the biggest change, with the new regime cutting ties with Watkins, whom the previous regime considered a franchise cornerstone. This represents a significant change in Buffalo, and a pretty big change in L.A. and Philly as well.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Why get rid of him ? With Sammy stretching the field , Tavon will have room to work

Where will we fit everyone? Plus, Watkins is gonna have to get paid soon and letting Austin go clears up big money in the coming years.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
freak I love this front office

If fish was still here we would be going into this season with Britt and quit as our 1 and 2 WR .... now it's likely woods Watkins kupp and Austin ... and the defence has to account for high and Everette as well plus Gurley ....

Anyone think Tavons injury is worse than first thought hence the trade

freak I'm all in and excited

I don't think TA is injured more than what they're leading us to believe. I think our WR corps fucking sucks and they're doing anything to get that much needed #1 WR.

Last edited: