Sammy Watkins to the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
People on the Bills board are losing their shit. It's quite hilarious to see other fans do it for a change

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Sammy, Robert, and Cooper Kupp has great hands, and Tavon doesn't. Robert got a decent deal; Sammy is essentially on a "prove it!" deal; Cooper is on his rookie contract, and Tavon has an inflated deal. Pretty easy to see who stands to lose, doesn't it?

Yes it does lol.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
This is Sooooo Effing CRAZY.......I just logged in. I have been staying at a short distance trying to remain optimistic.
Yesterday I watched the Bills and said Sammy looks like he is back maybe we can make a move at the end of the season and now this. I like it. Lets be honest we desperately needed a proven ( when Healthy) downfield and legit 1.
Sammy if healthy is it. Hopefully he has just been unlucky. Woods and Watkins REALLY HELPS WOODS. With Cupp hopefully being what we think and add in TA ( Who also benefits tremendously) we may finally have what it takes to keep D's honest and create space for TG30. And yes TG30 benefits too, I really do believe that this is a move that can drastically effect our O. "BRAVO"

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
So, the wide receivers I'd keep are as follows:

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Reynolds
Cooper
Thomas (when he gets back from his suspension; McRoberts for now)

I'd keep Austin at running back, actually.

nighttrain

Legend
"Sammy Watkins and the way he catches the ball....contested passes...tough passes...all passes"

SW has great hands

train

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
So, the wide receivers I'd keep are as follows:

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Reynolds
Cooper
Thomas (when he gets back from his suspension; McRoberts for now)

I'd keep Austin at running back, actually.
I've been wanting this too. Dunbar is basically cut. Tavon would be the ultimate change of pace back. I would keep Gurley, Tavon and Brown. That way we can still keep 6 receivers. And then Austin can still be put out wide.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They aren't happy at all .... they are adamant they are tanking this year
From what I read there they have 2 1st 2nds 2 thirds
Cleveland tried the same kind of BS Last year and it didn't work that well for them!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I have a question. Is there a rule that prevents a player from participating in 2 games in a week? Since Watkins played last night, could be still play tomorrow?

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Wow. Huge move.

I wonder if there is any opportunity out there to get any value for our receivers who aren't going to make the team now.

I also wonder what the long term cap plan is. Was this something that just presented itself and we jumped on it and we will figure out the numbers later or what? We still have Mr. Donald to pay, after all.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I've been wanting this too. Dunbar is basically cut. Tavon would be the ultimate change of pace back. I would keep Gurley, Tavon and Brown. That way we can still keep 6 receivers. And then Austin can still be put out wide.

hmmm interesting!!!

bnw

Pro Bowler
For Gaines and a 2nd round pick. I don't like this trade. Sammy is injury prone.
Yeah "injury prone" should give one pause. 2nd round pick seems steep too. If Watkins pans out for a few seasons then considering this teams lack of a legit #1 WR for seemingly forever it is a welcome trade.

I wonder if he is considered a head case? Faulk was considered trouble in Indy which worked out well for the Rams. Were he and the Bills at odds over a contract? Sure hope it works out because we need a real threat at WR.

Big Game

Living The Dream
I have a question. Is there a rule that prevents a player from participating in 2 games in a week? Since Watkins played last night, could be still play tomorrow?

lol we won't see Watkins to possibly week 3 of preseason.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is a brilliant move dudes. The kind of move that teams have to be in the right place at the right time to make, that only comes around once in a while. It comes with risk, but so did the trade of Faulk back in '99. This is that type of move potentially, I am completely serious when I say that.

If you look at Woods, they were floored by what a quality WR he was when he came in. And I think it demonstrates that the Bills as an organization were about as bad as the Rams in terms of utilization of players like that. But the difference between him and, say, Tavon Austin is that he is a FIT for this offense. He runs excellent routes, sets up DBs, and has elite speed and skills.

We just got a potential Pro Bowl receiver for a round 2 pick and EJ Gaines. He's in a contract year which is good for us historically when it comes to production, but if he does come in like Faulk did and embrace things they will lock him up with a contract or tag. Only risk in all this has been his injury history, but I readily accept that to get a guy of his caliber. Guys like this don't grow on trees dudes. Getting one in trade in a fire sale like we just did requires stars aligning.

I am ecstatic.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Love the move, think Tavon might be traded next year IF we re-sign Watkins...for this year I think Tavon is a RB/WR.

Gurley
Brown
Sam Rogers
Tavon

Watkins
Woods
Kupp
Spruce
Reynolds
Cooper(maybe Thomas after the suspension)

Tavon doesn't see the field as much as last year, but provides great insurance for WR and RB - especially since both Woods and Watkins have injury histories. Tavon spends more time at RB than ever before and plays WR in 4 WR sets.
Fixed it for you!(y);):D

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Cleveland tried the same kind of BS Last year and it didn't work that well for them!

not quite sure what you mean by that. the had a really good draft on paper and have yet to see the guys actually play. not sure how you could say it worked or didnt work

rule or no rule, im pretty sure theres no chance he'd play. 1 day isnt enough to learn enough plays to go out there and play in a meaningless game. especially with the type of injury history he has

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
not quite sure what you mean by that. the had a really good draft on paper and have yet to see the guys actually play. not sure how you could say it worked or didnt work

rule or no rule, im pretty sure theres no chance he'd play. 1 day isnt enough to learn enough plays to go out there and play in a meaningless game. especially with the type of injury history he has
Oh I agree he shouldn't play but I was just wondering if anything would hold him back if this was a real game.