Robert Woods Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Maybe. However, O'Connell may want to use a lot of three-WR-sets like the Rams.

Jefferson is great ... Thielen is still very good ... after that, it's a young group. MN had two good TEs in Irv Smith and Tyler Conklin but Conklin signed with the Jets. Woods knows the offense ... O'Connell knows Woods.

Not suggesting a Woods-Hunter-deal is likely but it's an interesting. The NFL is so much fun!
Doesn't make a lot of sense for MIN now that Thielin is staying there. Their 3rd WR Osborn is a young stud and was a beast down the stretch last year. It just doesn't make sense for them. There are other WR needy teams that could really use Woods. People just want to envision a Hunter trade but doubt Woods would be a part of that if we made something happen.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Guys… yes, the offense would be incredible with Woods added to this group…

But…

If they trade him, they’ll still be really good if everyone is healthy.

I mean… Stafford gets a full offseason with Robinson. They should start the season the way Stafford & Odell finished.

When Odell was in the game.. the Bengals had no answer.

I’d argue Robinson may be an even better fit because of his size and contested catch ability.

Robinson & Kupp can unlock Jefferson and even Tutu in some crazy ways.

I love Woods… but Robinson is legit WR1 talent.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Doesn't make a lot of sense for MIN now that Thielin is staying there. Their 3rd WR Osborne is a young stud and was a beast down the stretch last year. It just doesn't make sense for them. There are other WR needy teams that could really use Woods. People just want to envision a Hunter trade but doubt Woods would be a part of that if we made something happen.
You and OldSchool are related ... aren't you.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
Osborn averaged 2.9 receptions per game and 38.5 ypg he may end up being really good but some may need to pump the breaks a bit

MachS

Hall of Fame
You and OldSchool are related ... aren't you.
Trust me I want Hunter too but a trade will likely have to include a defensive player. Just dont see them trading for Woods now with Thielin returning. But as others have said, we can't really feel comfortable trading Woods until we resign OBJ. Because we can't lose them both. And based on OBJ's social media post yesterday, dont think he was thrilled with the A Rob signing. So if OBJ signs then maybe we pull the trigger on Woods, if not then we cant really move forward with trade talks IMO. Which is awkward because I think we need to trade Woods by Sunday to avoid the 3.5M roster bonus and additional dead cap hit. So not sure how realistic it is to sign OBJ and trade Woods in the next two days.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Is Woods to Detroit just to obvious?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Osborn averaged 2.9 receptions per game and 38.5 ypg he may end up being really good but some may need to pump the breaks a bit
Second year player with 7 TD. Pretty on par with Jefferson who was basically our second wr last year. He’s a good young wr

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Listen to me Les....No trades of Woody to the Packers, Buccaneers, NFC West team, or the friggin Saints. I'm almost to the point of saying not trading Woods at all, unless it's for a transcendent defensive player for MULTIPLE years. No rentals for Robert Woods.

Just for the blocking aspect alone, he's not replaceable at WR.
:clap:

Ram65

Legend
I excepted the fact that the Rams signing Robinson leaves Woods as a viable trade option.

I don't know how it's going to play out. With Woods, the Rams would go into the season with :

Kupp, Robinson, Woods, and Jefferson. Woods feels like he would be ready for minicamp. (see link below)

That would allow him to be the number 3 WR and Jefferson the number 4 WR. Woods wouldn't have to take a full load right away. That would be exciting and darn near impossible to stop in a 4 WR set. That would also give the Rams insurance should one of them get hurt. At this point, Benny Skow, Harris, and Tutu are still developing and need to improve.

On the other hand, the Rams need an Edge rusher. A Woods trade that can help get the needed Edge Rusher is a good option. It makes sense to save a little money and get the defense the help it needs. Currently, I don't see enough pass rush from the current front to help a weaker. secondary.

OBJ could be signed later in the year the closer he gets to getting back on the field. The possibility that he signs elsewhere or isn't ready is still there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woods is now three months removed from his ACL tear, which typically comes with a six-to-nine-month recovery period. He is progressing well and has put a tentative timeline on his potential return. "I should be good by minicamp for sure, but I just want to be able to take my time," Woods said, per ESPN.Feb 12, 2022

What happened to Robert Woods? Injury keeps Rams WR ...

How fast is Van Jefferson?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I posted late last night I see more of
A hunter for pick and van or just pic

Then if trees must be traded I'd think to dolphins for Howard.

Then a vet signing or if money left a team friendly Wagner deal

That's a way better balanced defense to me Hollins out side can rush but also a great run stopper hunter Donald a Shawn Gaines ......Wagner eats and those two corners lock.....my mom could play safety.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Van Jefferson was a non-factor in the second half of the most important game of the year. He disappeared. Atwell has done virtually nothing in the NFL and is too small in any case to remain uninjured (imo). I hope we keep Woods and maybe get a a good edge rusher or Bobby Wagner and focus the draft on Oline and defense and maybe a RB in the draft. If we can't get Wagner, get a good CB in FA.

Keep Robert Woods.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
If Howard and Trees traded post June 1st it's almost exact match contract wise.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
With Woods being injured what real trade value will we get from other teams? I doubt we would get any more than we would get for Van Jefferson. So I say why not trade Van instead.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Listen to me Les....No trades of Woody to the Packers, Buccaneers, NFC West team, or the friggin Saints. I'm almost to the point of saying not trading Woods at all, unless it's for a transcendent defensive player for MULTIPLE years. No rentals for Robert Woods.

Just for the blocking aspect alone, he's not replaceable at WR.
You're speaking with your heart there Loyal. Woody isn't a dominating force, he's a good all-around wideout and teams can find those guys without too much problem.

Valuable for sure which is why I think the Rams will move him in trade vice cutting him. But that contract he signed in the end is going to be what expedites his departure so that is why they will keep Jefferson even though he's passive in attacking the ball. They'll keep Van around and try to get him to play with more aggression and let him compete at that WR3 role with Skow and Harris.

And btw... Harris is going to factor in here. Did you note Coen in his interview mentioning that the Rams had sent him film of what they were doing with Harris early on? That doesn't happen unless they're high on him. The guy is huge. He's fast. Enormous catch radius. Agility of a smaller guy. I am eager to see what the Rams staff can do with this guy.

Our WR group looks great now and even if they move Woody that won't change for me.

dang

Legend
Trust me I want Hunter too but a trade will likely have to include a defensive player. Just dont see them trading for Woods now with Thielin returning. But as others have said, we can't really feel comfortable trading Woods until we resign OBJ. Because we can't lose them both. And based on OBJ's social media post yesterday, dont think he was thrilled with the A Rob signing. So if OBJ signs then maybe we pull the trigger on Woods, if not then we cant really move forward with trade talks IMO. Which is awkward because I think we need to trade Woods by Sunday to avoid the 3.5M roster bonus and additional dead cap hit. So not sure how realistic it is to sign OBJ and trade Woods in the next two days.
I sure hope the Rams front office is talking directly with the Rams players regarding any concerns or questions the players may have. Not liking the social media pouting and shenanigans going on.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're speaking with your heart there Loyal. Woody isn't a dominating force, he's a good all-around wideout and teams can find those guys without too much problem.

Valuable for sure which is why I think the Rams will move him in trade vice cutting him. But that contract he signed in the end is going to be what expedites his departure so that is why they will keep Jefferson even though he's passive in attacking the ball. They'll keep Van around and try to get him to play with more aggression and let him compete at that WR3 role with Skow and Harris.

And btw... Harris is going to factor in here. Did you note Coen in his interview mentioning that the Rams had sent him film of what they were doing with Harris early on? That doesn't happen unless they're high on him. The guy is huge. He's fast. Enormous catch radius. Agility of a smaller guy. I am eager to see what the Rams staff can do with this guy.

Our WR group looks great now and even if they move Woody that won't change for me.
Totally disagree.
The winless month of November was due in large part to Woody's injury, imo. He did all the little things well that don't show up on stat sheets and it was before OBJ understood the system. Woods makes Kupp better by blocking for him, providing and being a legitimate threat as a decoy, along with clutch catching ability when it matters.
He is not a jag WR, my friend.