Robert Woods Traded to Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/rams-receiving-calls-on-wr-robert-woods

Could Robert Woods be on the trade block? The Rams have received calls about the receiver’s availability, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter (on Twitter).

The Super Bowl champs shocked many when they inked Allen Robinson to a deal, and subsequent reports indicated that the team was still interested in re-signing Odell Beckham Jr.. Cooper Kupp obviously isn’t going anywhere, and Van Jefferson was productive during his sophomore season. While the Rams have a high-flying offense, something was clearly going to give.

It could end up being Woods, who hauled in 45 receptions for 556 yards and four touchdowns before tearing his ACL in practice. That injury happened in November, and while we’ve seen some miraculous recoveries in recent years, Woods would be hard pressed to be ready for the start of the 2022 season.

When healthy, Woods has been one of the most productive receivers in the NFL. He topped 1,000 yards from scrimmage each season between 2018 and 2020, and inquiring teams are surely counting on Woods returning to form. Woods inked a four-year, $65MM extension with the Rams in 2020, and he’s attached to $15MM+ cap hits for the next four seasons.

socalrams90

Starter
reality is him and Stafford lacked chemistry and we won without him so the non emotional decision is easy.

But damn it’s gonna hurt if/when he goes.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
  • ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Robert Woods has become a "prime trade candidate" following the Rams' addition of Allen Robinson.​

Schefter reports the Rams have already begun receiving calls. It makes sense. Matthew Stafford didn't seem to gel with Woods, and the Rams now have a ridiculous amount of resources tied up in their receiver corps, while still wanting to re-sign Odell Beckham. Recovering from a torn ACL, Woods' contract is guaranteed for injury, so he is not a candidate to be released. A trade would be the way to go if the Rams are ready to move on. Schefter reports Woods is expected to be healthy for training camp.
    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Mar 17, 2022, 11:47 PM ET

I can't imagine being @Mackeyser right now. I feel ya bro overall!​

​​

MachS

Hall of Fame
Woods to GB might have some legs right? Same system? LaFluer coached him and they just lost Adams

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's a business unfortunately. And when he got that contract it upped the ante on expectations. I think we got a taste of this offense and what it can be with 9 and some elite weapons that favor him.

Woody is a good player and offensive swiss army knife. He should still have value and be a guy they can move in trade. And if they keep him I am fine with that because our WR depth would be sick. But I just don't think that pay is gonna work for a WR3 on a cap-tight team.

sacram

UDFA
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/rams-receiving-calls-on-wr-robert-woods

Could Robert Woods be on the trade block? The Rams have received calls about the receiver’s availability, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter (on Twitter).

The Super Bowl champs shocked many when they inked Allen Robinson to a deal, and subsequent reports indicated that the team was still interested in re-signing Odell Beckham Jr.. Cooper Kupp obviously isn’t going anywhere, and Van Jefferson was productive during his sophomore season. While the Rams have a high-flying offense, something was clearly going to give.

It could end up being Woods, who hauled in 45 receptions for 556 yards and four touchdowns before tearing his ACL in practice. That injury happened in November, and while we’ve seen some miraculous recoveries in recent years, Woods would be hard pressed to be ready for the start of the 2022 season.

When healthy, Woods has been one of the most productive receivers in the NFL. He topped 1,000 yards from scrimmage each season between 2018 and 2020, and inquiring teams are surely counting on Woods returning to form. Woods inked a four-year, $65MM extension with the Rams in 2020, and he’s attached to $15MM+ cap hits for the next four seasons.
What a bummer. He is such a class act and was one of the main reasons we got this thing turned around. Sad to see him go, if indeed this is true.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think if Odell is resigned then we may see Woods moved.....however, Woods is jogging now and should be ready waaaaay before Odell is.
The other thing is they probably wouldn't get much for him.....I wouldn't trade him.
Esp is Odell is resigned on a short prove it sort of deal.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No on trading Woods. Why give up a valuable asset? It'll be Kupp, Woods, and Allen to start the season. No one would be able to defend our WRs, it would be pick your poison. I'd wait until next off-season to trade Bobby Trees if they go that route. I'd imagine he'd show out more this year and if he stays healthy, he can fetch us even more than we could get right now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I’m not giving him to a conference rival for anything less than a 2nd round pick.

I'd be surprised if we got a 2'nd, although swapping our very late 3'rd for their 2'nd would be the equivalent of receiving an upper middle 3'rd round pick according to the Trade Value Chart.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
NO I'M FUCKING NOT!!!

I don't want Bobby Trees going anywhere.

I get it if he does, but it will hurt worse than getting my taint waxed... don't picture it... it isn't pretty...

I recall our conversation from several months ago just following our acquisition of OBj that Woods would likely become trade bait in 2022, although after OBj's injury I thought that would put an end to such speculation. Robinson plus the potential of a higher draft pick brings us back full circle.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I knew this was coming, 3 wrs on big money doesn’t make much sense.
its really not all that bad considering kupp on such a bargain. for perspective, rams paying only 7m more for kupp, woods, arob than the chargers are payign for keenan and williams

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Woods to the Vikings makes a lot of sense. O'Connell wants to bring a great culture to Minnesota. Woods knows his system and would be a great mentor to Justin Jefferson and certainly help Cousin's.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A bu ch of talking heads speculating and an unnamed NFL source

BFD

You guys are getting ahead of yourselves giving this any credibility.

First question what is the dead money if he is moved?