Road to Pick 36: My Round 1+ Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I expect Snead to trade down from 36 unless there is a "can't miss" first round prospect that falls to us.
Just a reminder when the trades out of the first and drafted I think 3 times in the 2nd netted Rapp plus BUT we ended up passing a bunch of huge names. Point being trading down isn't always worth it.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
You got me wanting to play around with the simulator. Would you say no to this? BTW this sim was funky it had the top QB's going at like 13 and 14 haha. Next one I got Michael Mayer at 36 and it gave me a B for the pick :D

View attachment 59309
I like Jones because he is sooooo big 373 lbs but I think he is a RT only imo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Jones because he is sooooo big 373 lbs but I think he is a RT only imo.
Absolutely is. I dont' like him much but when a prospect on the OL rated that high falls that far to our pick you gotta think McVay will make it work.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
As much as I like this mock minus Hooker I doubt 5 QBs go in first I just don't see them passing on Mauch or McDonald. We are 2 OLBs short the biggest need area along with CB. We need those more than a RB yet I do love Gibbs.
What do you have against Hookers

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I expect Snead to trade down from 36 unless there is a "can't miss" first round prospect that falls to us.
I like to see him keep #36 and trade down from 69. Give Houston #69 and Allen Robinson for #73 and #104. The trade value is a minus 56 for Houston but they get a vet receiver and they have 22 mil in cap space. They lost Brandin Cooks and have virtually little production left.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I do think if McDonald is on the board there is a good chance he is the guy.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I do think if McDonald is on the board there is a good chance he is the guy.
I was very close to bucking my own board and going with McDonald. In the end, though, I thought back to reports about McVay making the offense a priority, and went with Gibbs.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was very close to bucking my own board and going with McDonald. In the end, though, I thought back to reports about McVay making the offense a priority, and went with Gibbs.
If we're choosing between those two we're in good shape no matter which way they go tbh. Hope things go that route.

muggmeister

Rookie
36. Los Angeles Rams: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

COMMENTS: I went into this with no expectations of who, in particular, would still be there at #36. I've been thinking Gibbs would be gone, but I really didn't see a clear spot for him in the Top 35. So, true to my current Rams draft board (and, not wanting to disappoint @Loyal), I went with Gibbs.

This exercise also showed me that, in my book, there are well over 36 players who I'd give a "first round grade" to. Its a deep draft, and the Rams will be in a position to get a very good player at #36. It also could be a reason to trade back a few spots (I'd prefer we not drop out of the Top 50) to get another pick or two.
I would lose my shit if they were so fucking stupid to pick any RB not named Robinson with any of their first 3 picks. Thank god you're not in their war room.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I would lose my shit if they were so fucking stupid to pick any RB not named Robinson with any of their first 3 picks. Thank god you're not in their war room.
LOL…tell me how you really feel!

I get it…some feel very strongly about not taking a RB at #36. I believe there are two worth taking at that point.

It very well may be a moot point. Both Robinson and Gibbs could go on Day 1.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

I get it…some feel very strongly about not taking a RB at #36. I believe there are two worth taking at that point.

Honestly, that is my hope. If he isn't there, then another guy drops and we don't have a dilemma.

I legit think that if Gibbs is on the board at #36, McVay is going to be pounding the table to take him. I'm also hoping that Snead over rules and factors in the valuation of positions and holes in our roster, while also considering the talented backs that can still be had later that aren't that much below his talent.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My hope is we trade down, accrue some picks, and take one of these young TEs then start pluggin holes. If not that then an Edge/Corner feels most appropriate.

But again I am fine with any position as long as the dude has that kind of tape where his ability leaps out at you. Those guys get confused with the non-leaps-out-at-you types way too much in the media IMO. I want an impact player.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Eric be nimble Eric be quick! Eric runs all over Candlestick!

The rest I think is your faulkerkly imagination :D

Dude is totally in Fantasy Land thinking Gibbs will still be there
at #36. IMO Zach Charbonnet would be a better fit for The Rams & would be harder to pass on.
The Rams needs are plenty & RB such as the TCU would be a player that would be an excellent 3rd down back.
These mock drafts(draft picks) really come down to needs.An EDGE/CB/OT are The Top Picks for value by Position just on SALARY CAP.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Thank god I’m not in there, either. I really like Gibbs. I’d pick him if he’s there.

If the goal is to be good offensively, while taking our lumps on defense, Gibbs is a guy that will contribute a high level day-1, IMO.

Thats what we need from #36 overall.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The “I’m glad you’re not making the decisions” dig makes me laugh,

You SHOULD be glad that 55 year old lawyer whose highest level of football (player, coach or otherwise) was college intramural flag football.

That said, I do spend some time doing research, looking at historical trends and considering our present circumstances. Based on that, I (like many others here) give my best guesses, predictions and aspirations for the draft.

Disagree? Fine by me.

I can assure you nobody has invited me to the War Room! :sunglasses:

muggmeister

Rookie

Sorry, was dealing with my bank merging with another earlier, phones down, website down...if we need another RB right away then why the hell did we draft Williams last year?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Sorry, was dealing with my bank merging with another earlier, phones down, website down...if we need another RB right away then why the hell did we draft Williams last year?
We’ve taken a RB every year since McVay was hired:

2017: Sam Rogers (Rd. 6)
2018: John Kelly (Rd. 6)
2019: Darrell Henderson (Rd. 3)
2020: Cam Akers (Rd. 2)
2021: Jake Funk (Rd. 7)
2022: Kyren Williams (Rd. 5)

It shouldn’t be any great surprise if we take another RB this year, particularly given that Akers is in a contract year.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler

Two main reasons why we take a RB early:
1) Williams is not a "bell cow" type of back. He lacks the size and power to function in that role. He was drafted in the 5th round as a depth piece who can also catch when called on.
2) Cam Akers is a free agent after the '23 season and considering that he and the Rams have had some issues it's wise to be prepared for him to potentially leave for greener pastures.
Just my .02

~ArkyRamsFan~