Road to Pick 36: My Round 1+ Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here's my mock of picks 1 through 36, including some projected trades (using trade value chart as a guide for value):

ROUND 1

1. Carolina Panthers: C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

2. Houston Texans: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

TRADE: Arizona trades pick 3 to Atlanta for pick 8, 2023 2nd round pick (#44) and 2024 second round pick

3. Atlanta Falcons: Anthony Richardson, QB Florida

4. Indianapolis Colts: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

5. Seattle Seahawks: Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama

6. Detroit Lions: Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia

7. Las Vegas Raiders: Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech

8. Arizona Cardinals: Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa

9. Chicago Bears: Paris Johnson, Jr., OT, Ohio State

TRADE: Philadelphia trades pick 3 to Tampa Bay for pick 19, 2023 2nd round pick (#50)

10. Tampa Bay: Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

TRADE: Tennessee trades pick #11 to L.A. Chargers for pick 21, 2023 2nd round pick (#54)

11: Los Angeles Chargers: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

12. Houston Texans: Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

13. New York Jets: Miles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson

14. New England Patriots: Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon

15. Green Bay Packers: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State

16. Washington Commodes: Joey Porter, Jr., CB, Penn State

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

18. Detroit Lions: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Brian Bresee, DL, Clemson

20. Seattle Seahawks: John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

21. Tennessee Titans: Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

22. Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Addison, WR, USC

23. Minnesota Vikings: Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU

24. Jacksonville Jaguars: Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

25. New York Giants: Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina

26. Dallas Cowboys: O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida

27. Buffalo Bills: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College

28: Cincinnati Bengals: Adetomiwa Adeboware, DE, Northwestern

29. New Orleans Saints: Dalton Kinkaid, TE, Utah

30. Philadelphia Eagles: Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh

31: Kansas City Chiefs: Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

ROUND 2

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

33. Houston Texans: Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

34. Arizona Cardinals: Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

35. Indianapolis Colts: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

36. Los Angeles Rams: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

COMMENTS: I went into this with no expectations of who, in particular, would still be there at #36. I've been thinking Gibbs would be gone, but I really didn't see a clear spot for him in the Top 35. So, true to my current Rams draft board (and, not wanting to disappoint @Loyal), I went with Gibbs.

This exercise also showed me that, in my book, there are well over 36 players who I'd give a "first round grade" to. Its a deep draft, and the Rams will be in a position to get a very good player at #36. It also could be a reason to trade back a few spots (I'd prefer we not drop out of the Top 50) to get another pick or two.

Thoughts are welcome!

Last edited:

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
1) I just don't think that the Rams' brain trust is going to go with an undersized RB at 36 (despite his 40 time and what @Loyal and now @AvengerRam have to say....)

2) Although this may be a deeper draft than most it's highly unlikely if not impossible for their to be 32 first round grades.
Most years it's less than half that....

~ArkyRamsFan~

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As a footnote, the next two players still available on my Rams board were Will McDonald, EDGE, Iowa State, and Cody Mauch, OT, North Dakota State.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think its a pretty excellent mock draft honestly. Believable. Though I'd feel pretty ill and a bit furious if at 36 Will McDonald was on the board and we went with RB. Also, Forbes going one pick before us would hurt too.

Turducken

Starter
I expect Snead to trade down from 36 unless there is a "can't miss" first round prospect that falls to us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You won't get me wanting a RB at 36 this year at all end of discussion for me :D Trade the pick move down 4 or 5 spots and take one of the many very very good Edge players still on the board and we're a better team than if we pick Gibbs. Add to that I think Gibbs is a great target for the Bills who have no running game at all out side of Allen and have a good WR corp making Gibbs a much better pick. Let them be fools and over draft a RB.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I think that, when considering Gibbs, you have to factor his impact as a receiver. I could easily seeing him being the No. 2 or 3 targeted player on the team, and he's dangerous in space.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that, when considering Gibbs, you have to factor his impact as a receiver. I could easily seeing him being the No. 2 or 3 targeted player on the team, and he's dangerous in space.
Absolutely he could be a very special player in the NFL. But I think a guy like Ojulari, Adebawore, Foskey, McDonald, Harrison or Hall who are all available in this mock along with somebody like R Johnson, McIntosh, Miller or Mitchell makes us a better team than Gibbs and one of the day 3 edge rushers.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Absolutely he could be a very special player in the NFL. But I think a guy like Ojulari, Adebawore, Foskey, McDonald, Harrison or Hall who are all available in this mock along with somebody like R Johnson, McIntosh, Miller or Mitchell makes us a better team than Gibbs and one of the day 3 edge rushers.
Adebawore is gone at No. 28 in my mock, but I get your overall point. A guy like McDonald, for example, makes a lot of sense at this spot.
Of course, with all this talk, Snead/McVay will probably just shock us all and take a WR! :sur:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) I just don't think that the Rams' brain trust is going to go with an undersized RB at 36 (despite his 40 time and what @Loyal and now @AvengerRam have to say....)

2) Although this may be a deeper draft than most it's highly unlikely if not impossible for their to be 32 first round grades.
Most years it's less than half that....

~ArkyRamsFan~
Get on the Gibbs train, Arky! (order his jersey soon!)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gibbs hater!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Adebawore is gone at No. 28 in my mock, but I get your overall point. A guy like McDonald, for example, makes a lot of sense at this spot.
Of course, with all this talk, Snead/McVay will probably just shock us all and take a WR! :sur:
Fullback :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like THAT road to 36. I love Gibbs.

@OldSchool the Bills have James Cook (23) 5.7ypc 507yds who they took last year in the 2nd and the reason they let Devin Singltary walk. He’s Dalvin Cook’s brother. You think they go RB in round 1?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not even Eric Faulkurley? (Who, I believe, is Steven Jackson's cousin.)
Goes double for him! I don't know if that's a real guy or not but it doesn't matter. We can get a RB day 3 this year and every year while adding the important positions like OL, pass rusher, CB in day 1 and 2.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Goes double for him! I don't know if that's a real guy or not but it doesn't matter. We can get a RB day 3 this year and every year while adding the important positions like OL, pass rusher, CB in day 1 and 2.
Sure you've heard of him. Wears goggles, great receiver, likes to hurdle would-be tacklers...

dang

Legend
I expect Snead to trade down from 36 unless there is a "can't miss" first round prospect that falls to us.
There is no such a thing as a “can’t miss” prospect but let’s say the Rams have a “can’t miss” list. I could see the Rams trading down a little (maybe Round 2/early 40s) to get another pick (maybe late Round 3/Early Round 4) if there are multiple “can’t miss” prospects still available at 36. However No way do I see Rams trading down only to lose any chance at any “can’t miss” prospects.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sure you've heard of him. Wears goggles, great receiver, likes to hurdle would-be tacklers...
Eric be nimble Eric be quick! Eric runs all over Candlestick!

The rest I think is your faulkerkly imagination :D