Road to Pick 36: My Round 1+ Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Here's my mock of picks 1 through 36, including some projected trades (using trade value chart as a guide for value):

ROUND 1

1. Carolina Panthers: C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

2. Houston Texans: Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

TRADE: Arizona trades pick 3 to Atlanta for pick 8, 2023 2nd round pick (#44) and 2024 second round pick

3. Atlanta Falcons: Anthony Richardson, QB Florida

4. Indianapolis Colts: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

5. Seattle Seahawks: Will Anderson, EDGE, Alabama

6. Detroit Lions: Jalen Carter, DL, Georgia

7. Las Vegas Raiders: Tyree Wilson, EDGE, Texas Tech

8. Arizona Cardinals: Lukas Van Ness, EDGE, Iowa

9. Chicago Bears: Paris Johnson, Jr., OT, Ohio State

TRADE: Philadelphia trades pick 3 to Tampa Bay for pick 19, 2023 2nd round pick (#50)

10. Tampa Bay: Broderick Jones, OT, Georgia

TRADE: Tennessee trades pick #11 to L.A. Chargers for pick 21, 2023 2nd round pick (#54)

11: Los Angeles Chargers: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

12. Houston Texans: Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern

13. New York Jets: Miles Murphy, EDGE, Clemson

14. New England Patriots: Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon

15. Green Bay Packers: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State

16. Washington Commodes: Joey Porter, Jr., CB, Penn State

17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois

18. Detroit Lions: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

19. Philadelphia Eagles: Brian Bresee, DL, Clemson

20. Seattle Seahawks: John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota

21. Tennessee Titans: Hendon Hooker, QB, Tennessee

22. Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Addison, WR, USC

23. Minnesota Vikings: Quentin Johnson, WR, TCU

24. Jacksonville Jaguars: Darnell Washington, TE, Georgia

25. New York Giants: Cam Smith, CB, South Carolina

26. Dallas Cowboys: O'Cyrus Torrence, OG, Florida

27. Buffalo Bills: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College

28: Cincinnati Bengals: Adetomiwa Adeboware, DE, Northwestern

29. New Orleans Saints: Dalton Kinkaid, TE, Utah

30. Philadelphia Eagles: Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh

31: Kansas City Chiefs: Nolan Smith, EDGE, Georgia

ROUND 2

32. Pittsburgh Steelers: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

33. Houston Texans: Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

34. Arizona Cardinals: Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan

35. Indianapolis Colts: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

36. Los Angeles Rams: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

COMMENTS: I went into this with no expectations of who, in particular, would still be there at #36. I've been thinking Gibbs would be gone, but I really didn't see a clear spot for him in the Top 35. So, true to my current Rams draft board (and, not wanting to disappoint @Loyal), I went with Gibbs.

This exercise also showed me that, in my book, there are well over 36 players who I'd give a "first round grade" to. Its a deep draft, and the Rams will be in a position to get a very good player at #36. It also could be a reason to trade back a few spots (I'd prefer we not drop out of the Top 50) to get another pick or two.

Thoughts are welcome!
I’m not crazy about the Rams pick. However, it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

What I love about this draft is Atlanta jumping ahead of Seattle to pick Richardson. Seattle has borrowed the owners private jet to go to each of the top four QBs pro days. I’d love it if they get skunked out of the one they want, that isn’t C.J. or Bryce. I think that will be Richardson.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BTW have you seen Dane Bruglers first big board/top 100? He's pretty good bout things granted they all get players wrong. Has my dream pick #11 Nolan Smith unfortunately I don't think there's any way he drops to us. Gibbs he has #20. Ojulari 33 which is Edge 6 and Adebawore he actually lists as a DT and I've seen a lot have him there at #71. I've seen him usually around the 35-45 range on lists but again it's all subjective and we know pundits don't always agree with teams and fans and vice versa.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW have you seen Dane Bruglers first big board/top 100? He's pretty good bout things granted they all get players wrong. Has my dream pick #11 Nolan Smith unfortunately I don't think there's any way he drops to us. Gibbs he has #20. Ojulari 33 which is Edge 6 and Adebawore he actually lists as a DT and I've seen a lot have him there at #71. I've seen him usually around the 35-45 range on lists but again it's all subjective and we know pundits don't always agree with teams and fans and vice versa.
Hadn’t seen his, but the boards/mocks I’ve looked at are all over the place after the top 10 or so players.

Ram65

Legend
TRADE: Philadelphia trades pick 3 to Tampa Bay for pick 19, 2023 2nd round pick (#50)

11: Los Angeles Chargers: Bijan Robinson, RB, Texas

Some local talk radio guys here in Philly think the Eagles keep their pick and take Bijan Robinson.

It makes a lot of sense. They do have Goedert an above-average TE, two great WRs with Smith and Brown. The offensive line is great but no top RB. Adding Robinson would take a lot of physical stress off Hurts. imagine how scary that offense will be with Robinson. They also have another 1st round pick they could trade down with.

I have to think more about the Rams pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some local talk radio guys here in Philly think the Eagles keep their pick and take Bijan Robinson.

It makes a lot of sense. They do have Goedert an above-average TE, two great WRs with Smith and Brown. The offensive line is great but no top RB. Adding Robinson would take a lot of physical stress off Hurts. imagine how scary that offense will be with Robinson. They also have another 1st round pick they could trade down with.

I have to think more about the Rams pick.
*Typo on the mock - should say Phily trades pick 10 to Tampa.

The Eagles could definitely take Robinson, but they did add Rashad Penny to a RB corps that still has Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I guarantee you that Gibbs isn't going to be there when we pick, especially if Philly doesn't take Bijan Robinson.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
1 Edge rusher taken every 5.5 picks (in theory) WoW!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You got me wanting to play around with the simulator. Would you say no to this? BTW this sim was funky it had the top QB's going at like 13 and 14 haha. Next one I got Michael Mayer at 36 and it gave me a B for the pick :D

1680139697322.png

dang

Legend
You got me wanting to play around with the simulator. Would you say no to this? BTW this sim was funky it had the top QB's going at like 13 and 14 haha. Next one I got Michael Mayer at 36 and it gave me a B for the pick :D

View attachment 59309
Is is a draft simulator or draft stimulator. Looks like our picks exploded.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is is a draft simulator or draft stimulator. Looks like our picks exploded.
I traded down once from 69 to 83 and the fools gave me 3 5th round picks in addition to 83.

Ram65

Legend
*Typo on the mock - should say Phily trades pick 10 to Tampa.

The Eagles could definitely take Robinson, but they did add Rashad Penny to a RB corps that still has Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott.

They could. Penny is a very good runner when healthy. I liked him a lot but, the health question.

So many possibilities in the NFL draft. That's what makes it so fun to speculate. Nice job putting yours out here.

Turducken

Starter
There is no such a thing as a “can’t miss” prospect but let’s say the Rams have a “can’t miss” list. I could see the Rams trading down a little (maybe Round 2/early 40s) to get another pick (maybe late Round 3/Early Round 4) if there are multiple “can’t miss” prospects still available at 36. However No way do I see Rams trading down only to lose any chance at any “can’t miss” prospects.
No need to make this complicated. There are about 12 non-qbs that have a first round grade on every mock draft list. If one of them somehow falls to the Rams at 36 then Snead will take him. Otherwise they'll probably package trade deals to maximize the number of 3rd and 4th round picks because we have too many areas of need next season.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Can't see the logic in drafting a RB when you don't have an O line.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
As much as I like this mock minus Hooker I doubt 5 QBs go in first I just don't see them passing on Mauch or McDonald. We are 2 OLBs short the biggest need area along with CB. We need those more than a RB yet I do love Gibbs.