Ref for Rams@Saints: Sorry to be the bearer of terrible news

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
Rams will write the story! Not the refs.
Don't be so sure. If I was Kroenke I would be in Goodell's ear pointing out the worst calls / non-calls from the 1st game, particularly the terrible spot on the Hekker 1st down, upheld on replay. Unbelievable. Total game changer. Unacceptable. I haven't believed some that the refs help with the 'narrative'. But if this game is impacted with BS calls on critical plays heavily in the Saints favor then I'll have no choice but believe it may be true. Of course, maybe Goodell has promised him the Rams will get the calls for years after they move into the new stadium. This is total BS. The Rams will have to be firing on all cylinders and likely have to win the TO battle by 2, maybe more, to overcome this ref crew. I don't think I'm going to watch this game live. Having flashbacks of the disgusting officiating of the 2001 SB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the all-time stats. We've never won a game with Vinobitch reffing us.

That's not exactly true. We're 0-8 since he returned to reffing in 2012. We're 2-10 all time, and he has never assessed our opponent more penalty yardage than us in 12 games.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
vinovich.jpeg

Timeout... I need to confirm my post-game dinner reservations with Roger Goodell and Asshole Face.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's not exactly true. We're 0-8 since he returned to reffing in 2012. We're 2-10 all time, and he has never assessed our opponent more penalty yardage than us in 12 games.

Ah. That must be the stat, when he returned. And yeah, that's embarrassing. He should never be allowed to ref Rams games.

dang

Legend
I am getting older and just don’t remember all the details. In The Rams @Saints game week 9 there were very few penalties called on either side. So other than the controversial Hekker fake FG run what did the officiating crew screw the Rams on?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am getting older and just don’t remember all the details. In The Rams @Saints game week 9 there were very few penalties called on either side. So other than the controversial Hekker fake FG run what did the officiating crew screw the Rams on?

The biggest one to me was defensive holding. They hit our DBs with multiple calls early on that forced us to play less physically while they let the Saints DBs hold with impunity. Near the end of the game, they got away with some blatant holds on key downs when we came roaring back to make it close.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Vinobich hates us, don't know why but he will 100% make sure we lose. Expect terrible spots on the ball, BS calls, no calls, making up complete shit just to screw us. FUCK! If we dominate this game from top to bottom he might not be able to stop us from going to the Superbowl but things just got 100 times harder. I don't expect a win at all now, I'm so pissed

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
:redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::redcard::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we're saying the NFL is fixed or that this specific official has it out for us?

Definitely #2. I don't know about #1, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're aware of his issues and put him on this game because they think he tips it in NO's favor. I'm not saying that's "fixing" the game, but more along the lines of them stacking the deck to try and get the result they prefer. Rams could still potentially win, but it makes it that much harder imo.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

Rams down 38-35 with a few minutes left in the game. 3rd Down. Ref miss this blatant facemask on Kupp. Rams punt, Peters gives up home run ball to Michael Thomas. Game over.

And no holding calls against the Saints O-line.

upload_2019-1-14_14-49-26.png

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will say, IF the fix were in.....I would expect the NFL to want Rams-Chiefs 2.0. The immediate reaction to the first matchup this year was absurd. To think that more people wouldn't tune into that as opposed to an NFL Legacy QB matchup is a bit shortsighted.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Is the officiating crew the same one that vinocrap had all year or do they change them out for the playoffs? Trying to find some sliver of hope here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is the officiating crew the same one that vinocrap had all year or do they change them out for the playoffs? Trying to find some sliver of hope here.

They change out some of the members on the crew, thankfully. But the head ref still has a lot of power.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
In jury trials, lawyers on both sides are allowed to strike some jurors. There should be a similar system in the NFL where teams can reject some crews or referees. If too many teams reject someone, they get fired.

But then if they did that, they wouldn’t be able to put their thumb in the scale, would they?

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
First meeting Rams and Saints, the yardage was almost equal. Each team had one turnover.

Saints 2 penalties for 20 yards. Rams 4 penalties for 32 yards. Not a huge difference but then again not giving Hekker the 1st down off replay and missing the facemask against Kupp made a world of difference in that game as it turns out.