PREGAME Recipe for Green Bay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They've got a fine defense, giving up only 18 ppg which is good for 3rd in scoring. If McVay thinks he's going to be able to ignore the run game vs them we're gonna see more of this shit after the bye. I realize McVay is very good out the bye. But he's also very good after a loss and still his team was flat and got punched in the face again last night. This game has LOSS written all over it if his ego continues to drive his decision making.

This next two weeks in practice they need to focus on the RUN game and stopping the RUN. They need to find their practice pads, dust them off, and actually use them to practice some physicality. Fuck practice efficiency and walkthroughs. Run some tackling drills and stack/shed practice. Get ready to blow these clowns off the ball on both sides. Treat this like a playoff game.

MICHEL needs to start this game. He needs to get 20+ carries so he can get into a rhythm. He is a physical element our offense sorely needs and I don't want to see Hendy's ass out there until the second quarter to ensure that Michel gets into a groove bumpin and thumpin around in there grounding this offense. The threat of that power on the ground will change the dynamic of what the defense presents.

Defensively if you give Rodgers a run game you're effed. They run our offense and their backfield is loaded with speed and power. Stuff the run first priority. Second priority is taking away early reads because he's gonna have a real hard time if AD and company can get home which they will whenever a QB isn't completing 5-10 yard passes in 1.5 seconds. Get this game played to our strengths and it gives us our best chance against them.

This defense has failed to play to our strengths all season long, allowing teams to drive up and down the field no matter who it is. I get playing it safe especially against a savvy dude like Rodgers but we're gonna have to take some calculated risks in this one. They've already effed away hope of being a top seed. Now they can quit planning parades and get down to business i.e. doing some damn work. And yeah I know this is almost a rant. But seriously man they gotta wake up and embrace some basics or this is gonna get ugly because there's some tough games on this sched starting with the Packers. This team is better than both the teams who have kicked our asses the past two weeks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
MICHEL needs to start this game. He needs to get 20+ carries so he can get into a rhythm. He is a physical element our offense sorely needs and I don't want to see Hendy's ass out there until the second quarter to ensure that Michel gets into a groove bumpin and thumpin around in there grounding this offense.

I’d like to see more Michel, too. He brings a little more tough running after contact… it feels we need something like this to dictate play better. With our slow start to games, the opposing team has been setting tempo.

I wonder how much “time off” we take this bye week? My guess is last night might have changed some plans, for the coaches if nothing else.

Michel running the ball in Green Bay sounds like a good idea to start with.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Green Bay must be licking their chops after seeing our last 2 outings.

MachS

Hall of Fame
if his ego continues to drive his decision making.
This is his biggest weakness...Hubris. And coaches around the league have caught on. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room always, and when he's getting out coached he has trouble adjusting. Look at the super bowl

bluecoconuts

Legend
I wonder how much “time off” we take this bye week? My guess is last night might have changed some plans, for the coaches if nothing else.

Jourdan indicated that the players will get time off but the coaching staff will be working pretty hard, so hopefully it produces some better second half results.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’d like to see more Michel, too. He brings a little more tough running after contact… it feels we need something like this to dictate play better. With our slow start to games, the opposing team has been setting tempo.

Michel running the ball in Green Bay sounds like a good idea to start with.

Bottom line just as last game,last night Stafford threw a pick 6.

The run game has been there it’s the play calling & penalties.Stafford throwing a deep pick.Niners are tough.The Rams had them stopped,but did get scored on so all the Raheem Morris Haters come out.

The Whitworth penalty pissed me off because they threw Henderson down late after the whistle.Yes #77 came in late after the whistle,but 3 guys on the other side freaking threw Hendo to the ground after yet another 5 yard gain.

1st & 25 doesn’t help the run game.Down once again 14-0 14-3
because of a pick 6 doesn’t help the defense or the run game..

Whitworth & Can both had holding calls after a nice HENDO run as well.
I like Sony Michael,just think HENDO is a strong RB.Cam Akers is even better.
I was a little upset & thought there was some F”d things,but to think The Rams we’re going to win was a tough call.Once again Kittles is the best TE in football & the Niners had everything on the line.
Mcvay & The Rams got there butts handed to them.Just a real bad showing.I’ve tried to stay positive,but I’m seeing things different than most.
I could go in a different direction on how I really feel,instead I hope I’m wrong.

Go Rams - this puts The Rams in a tougher spot,but it has to make The Rams tougher.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jourdan indicated that the players will get time off but the coaching staff will be working pretty hard, so hopefully it produces some better second half results.

I found it funny we didn’t hear from Kevin O”Connell after the Tennessee loss. I’m sure he had some strong words on what he saw last week & then again this week.
I really think he does an excellent job & is an up & coming coach.I also think The Rams are not letting Zac Robinson work with the QB’s as much as last season.Been seeing him more as the WR coach from an observation.
Thomas is more involved in the offense as well,so wonder what his thoughts are when Mcvay goes away from the run game that is working?
I find it a catch 21 or 22 depending on how you look at it.

Ellard80

Legend
we better be prepared for a similar game plan from them...

last year in the playoffs they ran it down our throats - 188 yards rushing.

We better have a plan.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Aaron Jones will be out. Their D can be had. I hope MS can bring his experience in playing up there with him as an advantage.

Hopefully hopefully hopefully w/ the week off they can figure out a gameplan to incorporate the new toys and everyone coming back rested, and not scramble to revise it after a season ending injury to a key starter.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I don't think even interpretive dance can express how much I LOATHE the packers, Aaron Rodgers, AND their retarded fans.

Ellard80

Legend
Aaron Jones will be out. Their D can be had. I hope MS can bring his experience in playing up there with him as an advantage.

Hopefully hopefully hopefully w/ the week off they can figure out a gameplan to incorporate the new toys and everyone coming back rested, and not scramble to revise it after a season ending injury to a key starter.
jones might be out.. 1-2 weeks i think i saw?

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

AJ Dillon is a big, physical runner. Given our current situation, that's kinda like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like a recipe for every opponent.
There are teams we can just line up and pass like crazy against. Packers sadly aren't gonna be one of those teams. QBs are averaging like 82 passer rating against which is 3rd in the league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think even interpretive dance can express how much I LOATHE the packers, Aaron Rodgers, AND their retarded fans.
Well it just so happens we have an interpretive dance expert: @Loyal. I'm sure he can chime in on this.

3d52681ed7ae1df9cafc7a7afc461b26.gif

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
if we beat green bay then all is well...

did people really thing we were going to win at SF and at Green Bay?

highly doubt it.

but will be a tall order.