LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Saw A Man Called Otto last night. It was good. I will see it again when it goes to streaming. It was pretty wokeish but what isn't these days. I would definitely recommend it but make sure and bring tissues for the wife or you will be running back and forth to grab napkins from the snack bar. :angry4:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw the Jesus Revolution last week, which I know may not be a popular theme for many., but I thought it was excellent. It's not a Christian movie that you feel you have to like because you are a Christian,. The movie is about the Jesus movement among the hippies of the 60's and 70's. I found it funny and real as can be. I loved watching barefoot hippies, strung out on drugs coming into a Baptist Church, freaking out the chosen frozen in the pews. "They'll ruin the carpets, " they said. So Pastor Chuck Smith tore out the carpets. Problem solved.
Having grown up a good SoCal heathen, I began spiritual journey towards this Jesus when in the Navy in San Diego (early 80's) and just missed the Jesus movement era. I always felt like I missed something special back then, because I loved musical artists like Keith Green who died 2 years before I started my journey (among others). Actor Kelsey Grammer plays Pastor Chuck Smith and is the big name in the movie, but the guy who plays the historical character Lonnie Frisbee, steals the show.

I laughed...I cried.... 9 out of 10.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Creed III

Was meh. Totally different feel from it's predecessors. Too much CGI not enough grit

tempests

Hall of Fame
John Wick 4

First half of the movie was typical for the franchise, but the last hour is balls to the wall, over the top craziness even for this franchise.
If this is the last one, they're going out on a high note.

9/10.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
A true story docudrama which can be a pretty tough watch at times, but 'The Glass Castle' with Woody Harrelson, Naomi Watts & Brie Larson gets a 9/10 out of me.
Now playing on Amazon Prime.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

7.5/10

not spectacular , but still a fun , enjoyable movie

kinda one of those movies when you walk out , and you look at the person you're with and go :thinking:I've had worse Friday nights................lol

for those who have played Dungeons & Dragons , it reminded me of playing it for the first time , a off the shelf campaign , for beginner levels 1-3 , and a DM , who is trying not to get everyone killed , not to difficult , but throw in enough traps and bad guys and a final boss just strong enough for the group to make it interesting

The CGI and the fight scenes were pretty , itll get a second viewing when it comes out on video

can't wait to here more about Joe Manganiello Dragonlance TV show

DnD-Red-Box.jpg

Tano

Legend

7.5/10

kinda one of those movies when you walk out , and you look at the person you're with and go :thinking:I've had worse Friday nights................lol

for those who have played Dungeons & Dragons , it reminded me of playing it for the first time , a off the shelf campaign , for beginner levels 1-3 , and a DM , who is trying not to get everyone killed , not to difficult , but throw in enough traps and bad guys and a final boss just strong enough for the group to make it interesting

The CGI and the fight scenes were pretty , itll get a second viewing when it comes out on video

DnD-Red-Box.jpg
I have never played Dungeons and Dragons but would like to sometime (maybe when I retire and I have more time to try and find a decent group)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Daddy's Home 1&2

8/10

I actually enjoyed both movies , even my wife liked them , and she's not really the biggest Will Ferrell fan

defiantly a Will Ferrell movie , but atually a toned down Will Ferrell movie , but still plenty of stupid stuff

first movie was Will Ferrell , Mark Wahlberg and Linda Cardellini , second movie throw in the two grandpa's John Lithgow and Mel Gibson

I work for Indian motorcycles , so , I was a little bummed when he said Indians were manufactured in Minneapolis , when actually Indian motorcycles are manufactured here in Iowa , but he says it like he didn't really know where they are manufactured , so I let that one slide ................lol

not a scratch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLw24Xr1zKo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-_C318TSlQ

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
8.8 / 10 The Advent Calendar (2021)

Eva is a paraplegic. On her birthday, her friend Sophie gives her a strange Advent calendar. It's not the traditional treats you find when you open each drawer, but quirky gifts that are scary and get bloodier.

really good. keeps the interest level high with a lot of (WTH & F) moments. makes you question yourself on how you would act / respond in the lead actress' situation. enjoy ! (Shudder)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Covenant. Interesting perspective, good movie. 8 out of 10. Overall not what I expected from a Guy Ritchie film

Tano

Legend

7.5/10

DnD-Red-Box.jpg
I saw this movie recently and it was enjoyable fun.

Nothing worth noting especially but it is non-stop action for the most part.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Michelle Pfeiffer is an ageless beauty, 64 yrs old (never thought she was pretty 30 years ago, well she looks amazing now. If not sure reference Madonna).
IMG_20230527_085041.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Daddy's Home 1&2

8/10

I actually enjoyed both movies , even my wife liked them , and she's not really the biggest Will Ferrell fan

defiantly a Will Ferrell movie , but atually a toned down Will Ferrell movie , but still plenty of stupid stuff

first movie was Will Ferrell , Mark Wahlberg and Linda Cardellini , second movie throw in the two grandpa's John Lithgow and Mel Gibson

I work for Indian motorcycles , so , I was a little bummed when he said Indians were manufactured in Minneapolis , when actually Indian motorcycles are manufactured here in Iowa , but he says it like he didn't really know where they are manufactured , so I let that one slide ................lol

not a scratch

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLw24Xr1zKo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-_C318TSlQ

Have you and your wife seen Stranger than Fiction? It's another side of Will Ferrell and a great movie. Still has its fun parts, but it is deeper than anything else I have seen him in.

It reminded me of the movie Click with Adam Sandler, in that it has its funny moments, but is also a tear jerker at times. Both movies showcase seemingly one trick comedy actors in a different role and I think they both nailed it.

Solid 8/10 for both Stranger Than Fiction and Click for me

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Have you and your wife seen Stranger than Fiction? It's another side of Will Ferrell and a great movie. Still has its fun parts, but it is deeper than anything else I have seen him in.

It reminded me of the movie Click with Adam Sandler, in that it has its funny moments, but is also a tear jerker at times. Both movies showcase seemingly one trick comedy actors in a different role and I think they both nailed it.

Solid 8/10 for both Stranger Than Fiction and Click for me
I have seen Click , but haven't seen Stranger Than Fiction, I do remember when it came out , then quickly forgot all about

I'll have to check it out

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Spider-man : Across The Spider Verse

9.5/10

I might have given it even a higher grade , if it wasn't for the ending

why you ask ,

because there is no ending

not a spoiler , but for those who didn't know , Spider-man : Across The Spider Verse is part 2 of a trilogy , and it ends on a major cliff hanger , I knew that going in , and even I was like , WTF

i knew it was coming , but it was like , there is no way that it's been 2 hours and 20 minutes , . so the end did catch me a little of guard

there is just no way , any live film will ever be able to capture what this movie does when it comes to a capturing a comic book experance

my reaction to , Spider-man : Across The Spider Verse

benny-hill-wtf.gif

oldnotdead

Legend
Just rewatched it for the umpteenth time Master and Commode is one of my most favorite movies. It was largely filmed at what was then Fox Studio Baja on the border of Popotla and Rosarito. I used to drive by the studio all the time as it was only about 2 miles from where I lived. The replica they built for the interior and many of the deck scenes is still there and can be seen from the highway. It is perhaps the most accurate time period movie I've ever seen. (Same studio where they filmed Titanic) I believe the actors were housed in Puerto Nuevo another 3-5 miles south of where I lived. It's a very well made and well acted movie starring Russell Crowe.

The beach immediately to the south of the studio is where the fishermen would drive their pangas up on the beach and sell their catch right off the boat. It's where I used to get live lobsters for $7-$10 each.

Not only do I like the movie but it brings back a whole lot of great memories of my almost 3 years living there. It was safe (still is) and cheap. Covid was the reason we came back to the States because Trump was threatening to close the border.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just rewatched it for the umpteenth time Master and Commode is one of my most favorite movies. It was largely filmed at what was then Fox Studio Baja on the border of Popotla and Rosarito. I used to drive by the studio all the time as it was only about 2 miles from where I lived. The replica they built for the interior and many of the deck scenes is still there and can be seen from the highway. It is perhaps the most accurate time period movie I've ever seen. (Same studio where they filmed Titanic) I believe the actors were housed in Puerto Nuevo another 3-5 miles south of where I lived. It's a very well made and well acted movie starring Russell Crowe.

The beach immediately to the south of the studio is where the fishermen would drive their pangas up on the beach and sell their catch right off the boat. It's where I used to get live lobsters for $7-$10 each.

Not only do I like the movie but it brings back a whole lot of great memories of my almost 3 years living there. It was safe (still is) and cheap. Covid was the reason we came back to the States because Trump was threatening to close the border.
I highly recommend the book series by Patrick O’Brian and have enjoyed the movie several times as well.

oldnotdead

Legend
I highly recommend the book series by Patrick O’Brian and have enjoyed the movie several times as well.
I wish I could read, but my bad eyes prevent that. I have one eye that won't adjust enough, after an hour of struggling, my eyes take hours to return to normal. I tried audiobooks but they put me to sleep. LOL My brother is a big fan of audiobooks as he sits on his patio in Vail, AZ. He likes Patrick O'Brian's work.

I used to be an avid reader since I was in middle school. In middle school, I read things like Joseph Heller's Catch 22 and CS Forester's The Good Shepard. When I was growing up my mother demanded that her children all read one book a week. She worked as a hospital cook and my dad was a trucker. I did the cooking for the family and my brother maintained the yard. They were wonderful parents who encouraged us to be whatever we wanted. The only real rules were to stay out of trouble, never ever lie, and get good grades. My dad hated I was a hippie, but he accepted it as a rite of passage that reality would force me to grow out of. My parents knew that would shake us back to the reality of life. That my brother and I should serve was always assumed. Of course, there was the draft but both my brother and I enlisted. My son was in the National Guard but his ankle has put an end to that as well as fire fighting.

My parents told me if I wanted to live in a barrio my whole life, it didn't mean I had to be a criminal. My father ruled the family with an iron hand for most things, but he never once struck any of his 5 kids. I was the first one in the family to go directly to a 4 year college and the first one to get a degree. My parents told me it was one of the proudest days of their lives when I got my BA. He shook my hand and said I would be living in Encino or Sherman Oaks someday LOL. I did then moved to Santa Monica, Newport Beach, then Carlsbad.

On his deathbed, my father looked at me and smiled and said I was living a white man's dream. But to never forget where I started and what it took to get where I did. These are things I passed on to my son and why he's always read and never stops trying to improve himself no matter what. Even after the car accident where he was told he would forever have a bad ankle ending his firefighting career before it got started. So now he's apprenticing for HVAC with the biggest HVAC Company in Tucson, with the ultimate goal of crossing over to be an electrician. It's the same route his cousin took and is now pulling down a 6 figure income working for TSMC in Phoenix. Both he and my nephew are avid audiobook users.