LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meg.
5 out of 10.

Leave your brain on the side, and you will like this movie fine. I can imagine that if you like to be shocked by the suddenness of a shockingly large shark flashing across the screen, you will love it. Meg is the long lost (2 million years) Megaladon being found below a layer (warm water below the layer) in a trench in the China sea that is supposedly deeper than the Mariana trench, along with with many lost prehistoric sea creatures. This is 8,000 plus feet deep, and somehow the Meg is able to follow the deep sub to the surface because it punctured a hole through the "layer" and allowed the shark to survive the cold water above it because warm water from the depths made that possible by warming the water along the path of the retreating sub.

Um...what about the pressure difference? Megs don't get the bends if they go from 8,000 feet immediately to the surface? lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sure I have! Good science fiction is speculation about future possibilities, intelligently considered. We know that deep sea fish actually explode when brought from the deep to the surface without precautions, just as we know that astronauts can't step out from the space station without a space suit. Their lungs will explode and other horrific things before they die. Spin me a tale, but don't offend my intelligence, is all I ask.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Avengers End Game

10/10

I laughed I cried and enjoyed the hell outta this movie.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just saw it too. I agree 10/10. I didn't cry but I did get severely choked up a couple of times.
BTW that was a reference from when SNL was actually funny. They did a skit off this which included the line "I laughed, I cried"

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
BTW that was a reference from when SNL was actually funny. They did a skit off this which included the line "I laughed, I cried"

I got the reference. I also got severally choked up. It's taken about 7-8 years since I became aware of it, but I'm developing what others call "emotions". It sucks.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
Last movie I saw was "Buster Keaton: A Celebration" a doc about the life and amazing artistry of the great silent movie comic. It features Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorsese among others who were influenced by his movies. A great intro for those unfamiliar with the great Buster and for those, like myself who have seen all his movies many times over, some never-before secrets of how the films were made. Highly recommended; it is now available on Blue-Ray. Worth owning, too.What this has to do with Ram football, gosh if I know but pop it in your DVD player during the off season; you'll be glad you did.

10 out of 10!!

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Endgame

8/10

Liked it

Didn't Love it

I'm the same. But give it 6/10.

Could have easily been a 2 hour movie without missing anything. The first hour moved molasses like with no real point to it. Yeah we get it, they're sad.

This movie reaped the benefits of how good the infinity war movie was and the anticipation it created. Was always gonna be the biggest grossing movie ever.

I watched it on the first day when all the die hards watch these things. There were scenes where the audience started cheering and clapping. I was like, what the? My wife watched it a couple of days later and said nobody cheered.

My teenage kids absolutely loved it when they watched it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Avengers End Game - 8/10 . I liked it but agree that it could have been better. I hated the Thor role in this and I am a huge Thor fan. I was disappointed with Professor Hulk role as well . He's supposed to be even stronger and smarter. Seemed the opposite and was only used as comic relief. I really wanted to see him knock Thanos around. Having nearly each character get his shot at Thanos was too predictable, and cheap. The middle dragged on a bit much. But on a whole it was still entertaining and enjoyable to watch. I'd give Infinity War a ten in comparison.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Highwaymen on Netflix

I'll give it a 8/10

can't really give it any higher of the rating because they do take some liberties with actual events , but as far as Bonnie and Clyde movies go , it's probably still more accurate than most...................kinda sorta

The Highwaymen on Netflix starring Kevin Costner, Woody Harrelson , who play Frank Hamer and Maney Gault , the two Texas Rangers who tracked down and killed Bonnie and Clyde

this movie , like most all movies that are based on true events , does take it's liberty with some of the actual events

but over all , a pretty good movie , a little bit of a slow burn , Bonnie and Clyde themselves aren't even in the movie but maybe three minutes total , and you never even really see their faces till the very end

Most of the movie is just Frank Hamer and Maney Gault on the road trying to track down Bonnie and Clyde , but always a day or two behind

the movie is a nice addition to the legend of Bonnie and Clyde , even if it doesn't really add anything new to it

Seeing Kevin Costner, and Woody Harrelson work together is probably the main selling point of the movie and both do a great job

e2b33c2a6a284d61b94afcbd83c60776b683e2e6.jpg

I really enjoyed The Highwaymen. 9/10. This sort of thing is right up my alley. I think that not showing Bonnie and Clyde was for effect. The men chasing them never got to see them. Finding them was a real puzzle, because they were very elusive. Not showing them til the end conveyed that. Hamer was glorified in this, like most historical heroes, but he actually did have his share of warts, as did the Texas Rangers in general.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Kodachrome -7/10 . Nice message about forgiveness and not giving up on people. It was a bit predictable, but most of these types of movies are IMO. Jason Sudeikas did well in a more serious role. Ed Harris was excellent. Elizabeth Olsen was hot as ever, but I find her subtle earthy delivery to be a bit put on. I still liked it. It was a good story with a good message.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Meg.
5 out of 10.

Leave your brain on the side, and you will like this movie fine. I can imagine that if you like to be shocked by the suddenness of a shockingly large shark flashing across the screen, you will love it. Meg is the long lost (2 million years) Megaladon being found below a layer (warm water below the layer) in a trench in the China sea that is supposedly deeper than the Mariana trench, along with with many lost prehistoric sea creatures. This is 8,000 plus feet deep, and somehow the Meg is able to follow the deep sub to the surface because it punctured a hole through the "layer" and allowed the shark to survive the cold water above it because warm water from the depths made that possible by warming the water along the path of the retreating sub.

Um...what about the pressure difference? Megs don't get the bends if they go from 8,000 feet immediately to the surface? lol.
Well, since fish (sharks) don't breath air, they don't get the bends.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, since fish (sharks) don't breath air, they don't get the bends.

Even if they don't get the bends, there's still the rapid decrease in pressure that will get them. Animals who are that deep literally explode if they go up to the surface, if I recall correctly. The Megalodon shouldn't be any different.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if they don't get the bends, there's still the rapid decrease in pressure that will get them. Animals who are that deep literally explode if they go up to the surface, if I recall correctly. The Megalodon shouldn't be any different.
*Memo drops Mic...BOOM!:rockon:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched a Portuguese film (subtitles) called The Forest of the Lost Souls ...wow. It's a dark, suspenseful movie. In Portugal, there is a forest where people went to commit suicide during the fascist times (WW2?), and people still go there to die, according to the movie. There is a place like this in Japan as well. Anyway, An old man and a young woman meet up in this forest with seemingly the same purpose in such a place, until we find out different. 7.9 of 10. Very good. am not normally a subtitles guy, but I found it easy to watch. Currently playing on Hulu.