LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
i think the problem is you went into the theater expecting an action movie, or horror/blockbuster type movie.

i loved every minute of the movie. probably because i wasn't expecting anything as i knew nothing about the movie and hadn't seen a trailer for it. i could just enjoy the movie for what it was, a slow burner with horror overtones. 10/10.

More of an old school feel.
Overall well done and tells a story, not a bad reflection of generational occult practices (minus the literal headless floating corpses etc).
If you like that non slasher, slow burn old school feel check out The Witch.
Came out a couple years ago and a masterpiece.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i think the problem is you went into the theater expecting an action movie, or horror/blockbuster type movie.

i loved every minute of the movie. probably because i wasn't expecting anything as i knew nothing about the movie and hadn't seen a trailer for it. i could just enjoy the movie for what it was, a slow burner with horror overtones. 10/10.

the problem was i went in expecting a good movie. i fell for the ole boy the trailer looks good scam once again. glad you enjoyed it though.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the problem was i went in expecting a good movie. i fell for the ole boy the trailer looks good scam once again. glad you enjoyed it though.

Exactly. You went into the theatre with a preconceived expectation for the movie from the trailer, which I'm guessing made it look like an action packed movie. I went in with no expectation apart from it would be some type of horror movie.

I never look at trailers for a movie. Their only purpose is to suck people in to watching the movie. Not give a true portrayal of what the movie actually is. That's ok for action movies but ruins it for the slow paced movies that don't pretend to be action packed.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. You went into the theatre with a preconceived expectation for the movie from the trailer, which I'm guessing made it look like an action packed movie. I went in with no expectation apart from it would be some type of horror movie.

I never look at trailers for a movie. Their only purpose is to suck people in to watching the movie. Not give a true portrayal of what the movie actually is. That's ok for action movies but ruins it for the slow paced movies that don't pretend to be action packed.

actually i went in thinking it was going to be a scary movie (or a more scary option than the other 12 trailers shown before the actual start of the movie. (an action packed movie to me would be the avengers, etc.). the only thing scary about heriditary was the amount of $$ i spent on the evening.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched a movie that I had seen floating around for years, but never had gotten around to seeing. It's called Atomic Blonde. It's an action spy thriller, with a bad-ass female character, set in Berlin at the end of the Soviet Union and the crumbling of the Berlin Wall. The ending is a mind-fukk, and the main character is a major bad-ass. I don't often believe the fight scenes with a woman vs men, but this movie made me believe she could actually kick ass. The music is definitely from the period and would be worth purchasing by itself. 4 stars out of 5.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
I saw 'A Monster Calls' -- very well constructed film.

A sad yet powerful film. Special effects when the Monster comes calling are great. The acting from the boy, Lewis MacDougall, is outstanding.

9/10 from me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just watched "Darkest Hour," starring Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Churchill has been a hero of mine for many years, and this movie brought to mind the odds which were against him, when he became Prime Minister in the "Darkest Hour" of Britain's history. Dunkirk is happening and most (if not all) of Britain's troops are in mortal danger. Hitler's triumph seemed certain. Would Winston Churchill surrender?

NEVER!

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I just watched "Darkest Hour," starring Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Churchill has been a hero of mine for many years, and this movie brought to mind the odds which were against him, when he became Prime Minister in the "Darkest Hour" of Britain's history. Dunkirk is happening and most (if not all) of Britain's troops are in mortal danger. Hitler's triumph seemed certain. Would Winston Churchill surrender?

NEVER!
Great movie , Gary Oldman did an amazing job , you would never even know that was Gary Oldman under all that makeup

I was a little disappointed in Dunkirk , but the two film make a good pair

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Snake & Mongoose

8/10

For all you Cool Cats from the 70's

I'm actually going to give this movie higher marks then I thought I would , when I first sat down to watch this film , I figured it would probably be little more then a 1970's made for TV movie even though it came out in 2013

And............in all honesty , thats really what it was

but.................

it was actually pretty good

I grew up in the 70's , so for me it was all about Evel Knievel and Snake & Mongoose

I had the Hot Wheels set , I had the 1/24 scale model cars

These low budget biopics are usually pretty awful , but this one was probably one of the better ones

brought back some fun memories , and I learned a couple things along the way

P.S.

Yes , Thats Fred Dryer

addon.php

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Looking back, what a run James Cameron had here as director/writer/screenplay...

Terminator '84
Aliens '86
The Abyss '89
Terminator 2: Judgment Day '91
True Lies '94
Titanic '97

That was a Beatles-esqe explosion of creative genius to be honest.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Won't You Be My Neighbor? 9.5/10

Absolutely awesome. If more people were like Fred Rogers this world would not be in the state it is in today. A must watch.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Alpha - 10/10.

Beautiful cinematography, spot-on acting, realism, oh, and did I forget to mention domesticated wolves?

I'd honestly rate anything realistic with wolves a ten (except The Grey, because fuck that movie), but Alpha really is a movie I'd recommend for anyone except little kids (because it does have Revenant vibes in some parts).

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Black Panther - Predictable and boring. Then again I'm not a fan of super hero movies. Only watched it because of the great reviews it got. Meh -

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Worth watching on Netflix now:

The Ritual(2017)
Think...Blair Witch project without the shaky cam. I didn't like the third act as much, but it does many things right. Characters, very high creep factor, and its well shot mostly on location in Sweden.

Backcountry(2014)
This one surprised me a bit. Independent film. Started off okay. A bit slow and it seemed to get predictable...and it is, but about an hour in...damn. This film pulled no punches and really went for it. There's some good stuff in this.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

just watched For Love Of The Game again today. what a great movie, never get tired of watching it. it's baseball mixed with romance. i found out that sam raimi directed it. for real? evil dead to this. if you haven't watched it grab your wife/girlfriend or even by yourself, sit back and watch the most enjoyable 2 hours of cinema you're likely to see.

the highlight scene for me was towards the end of the game after he throws a runner out and is walking back to the dugout. he looks up in the stands and sees/remembers old footage of his parents cheering him on, mixed with the musical score, it really pulls the heart strings.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
the highlight scene for me was towards the end of the game after he throws a runner out and is walking back to the dugout. he looks up in the stands and sees/remembers old footage of his parents cheering him on, mixed with the musical score, it really pulls the heart strings.
Just say you cried.
It’s okay.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
First Man

8/10

I thought this was an excellent film overall. Although I was born in the early 60s and would have been in second grade during the moon landing, it was an event I don't recall as I look back. I collected Matt Mason figures so I know I knew something about it but it wasn't a moment I remember. So I was really looking forward to this film. I enjoyed "The Right Stuff" and "Apollo 13" and this film fits right in with the others and fills in some gaps.

This is really Neil Armstrong's story--the first man on the moon. And that comes with some problems.

Neil Armstrong was a very introverted sort of person, a quiet man who didn't seem to have much of a personality. He wasn't colorful like some other astronauts(Gordon Cooper, Buzz Aldrin, etc.) I didn't know about the tragedy in his life that may have created some of his distance to other humans--especially combined with the tragedies these test pilots/astronauts lived with as a part of the job. They lived with the uncertainty of their own existence as well as their co-workers and friends. The film shows that part pretty well.

The special effects are very good and the sense of claustrophobia, of being strapped into this tin can and locked in is something most human beings could not endure. The story is at least vaguely familiar enough to most people but I did learn some things along the way.

My only negative comments center around the emotion of the film. It is not emotionally gripping because the protagonist is not emotionally gripping. The film is still stunning in its own way, but it lacks the attachment to character that "The Right Stuff" and "Apollo 13" had and there is very little or no humor. I do wish the film had opened up a bit to include a bit more Buzz Aldrin. He seems like he may have been the more interesting character but it isn't his story and he's just a minor character in a story which he obviously played a major role.

Still, it is a fine film--the best I've seen this year in terms of drama.

It's a long film but I didn't mind it. I thought it flowed well enough.

As I said--this is the missing film in the space race trilogy and it was needed.