LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom 6/10

As sequels go, this wasn't too bad.

Yeah I saw it today too. I'd give 6.5/10 because of the action. The story and plot devices were kind of random, but whatver.

The Incredibles 2
5/10
All this time to come up with a plot for #2 and they couldn't come up with anything fun.
What a waste. Oh and it scared the kids too....

Scared kids? I hope something tragic happened. These days the Pixar movies are too predictable with their lack of emotion and predictable happy endings. And it seems like the same formula for the bad guys (always a twist of a villain who really wasn't.

Zootopia was a turd. Inside Out was dumb. Big Hero 6 was fine until Baymax didn't really die. I refuse to see Good Dinosaur

Angry Ram

Disagree entirely. Zootopia was freaking awesome.

It was fine until the whole "predators are the minority" shtick. As soon as I heard "percent", it was obvious what message was being portrayed, and as always I'm sick of people's social agendas being shoved down my throat. That's what made it a turd for me.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It was fine until the whole "predators are the minority" shtick. As soon as I heard "percent", it was obvious what message was being portrayed, and as always I'm sick of people's social agendas being shoved down my throat. That's what made it a turd for me.

Sorry to hear that. That's the reason why I loved the movie. That - along with songs and video ganes - is where things such as social agendas can be used. I understand why you don't like it, though.

fearsomefour

Legend
Yes, agreed.
Just make an entertaining movie and stop with fake, bullsh** indoctrination of some pretend world that will never exist.
Thought police on full display.
Drive them at barrel point into the sea.

Angry Ram

Sorry to hear that. That's the reason why I loved the movie. That - along with songs and video ganes - is where things such as social agendas can be used. I understand why you don't like it, though.

Yeah it works when it's used as a background tone. I.e, a video game like Far Cry 5 (set in a very conservative Montanta) or in the Captain America sequels (questioning how SHIELD operates and if the government should be able to control people). Also, as a side note what's weird is people hate the new Star Wars movies because of the same thing (i.e,. strong female lead that is OP) but the movie doesn't ever really shove that down our throats.

TBH this logic for me only applies to Zootopia. I was really just saying how lame and linear Disney/Pixar movies have gotten.

Cars 2 and 3, Finding Dory = cash grabs.

Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph = good, but predictable...any emotion that was set in was instantly removed because of the story book happy ending.

Brave = same as Zootopia. Mulan and Pocahontas were strong characters a full a decade before in much better movies.

I instantly knew that "sadness" would save the day in Inside Out.

None of these have charm like Toy Story, Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Incredibles. I might rent Incredibles 2 since I see a lot of butthurt over it (and I find if people that are upset over it, it usually means its a good movie...that's kinda sad when you think about it).

Yes, agreed.
Just make an entertaining movie and stop with fake, bullsh** indoctrination of some pretend world that will never exist.
Thought police on full display.
Drive them at barrel point into the sea.

Yeah that's what makes the movies like Toy Story work. You would have to really, really reach to find something as an agenda in those. Even in the Jurassic Park series it's in the background (do extinct animals brought back by human interference have the right to live?)

One more recent example...Black Panther. I loved the message in it ("The wise build bridges, the foolish build barriers." - King T'Challa.).

Yet the ignorant public and bandwagoners who probably never picked up a comic or played him in a video game made this movie into something it's not. So sometimes it's the movies, sometimes it's the masses.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Yeah it works when it's used as a background tone. I.e, a video game like Far Cry 5 (set in a very conservative Montanta) or in the Captain America sequels (questioning how SHIELD operates and if the government should be able to control people). Also, as a side note what's weird is people hate the new Star Wars movies because of the same thing (i.e,. strong female lead that is OP) but the movie doesn't ever really shove that down our throats.

TBH this logic for me only applies to Zootopia. I was really just saying how lame and linear Disney/Pixar movies have gotten.

Cars 2 and 3, Finding Dory = cash grabs.

Big Hero 6, Wreck it Ralph = good, but predictable...any emotion that was set in was instantly removed because of the story book happy ending.

Brave = same as Zootopia. Mulan and Pocahontas were strong characters a full a decade before in much better movies.

I instantly knew that "sadness" would save the day in Inside Out.

None of these have charm like Toy Story, Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc., Incredibles. I might rent Incredibles 2 since I see a lot of butthurt over it (and I find if people that are upset over it, it usually means its a good movie...that's kinda sad when you think about it).

Yeah that's what makes the movies like Toy Story work. You would have to really, really reach to find something as an agenda in those. Even in the Jurassic Park series it's in the background (do extinct animals brought back by human interference have the right to live?)

One more recent example...Black Panther. I loved the message in it ("The wise build bridges, the foolish build barriers." - King T'Challa.).

Yet the ignorant public and bandwagoners who probably never picked up a comic or played him in a video game made this movie into something it's not. So sometimes it's the movies, sometimes it's the masses.
I'm not into comic book movies really.
We've had a few posts poking fun at each other over it.
I'm just tired of being bashed over the head with nonsense.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Ant-man and the Wasp

8/10

Totally enjoyed it

Now this is a much smaller ( pun interned ) film , and a self contained film

There were no special appearances by any of the other Avengers , they weren't trying to save the whole universe , they had their own issues to deal with

This the 20th Marvel films , and I would rank it somewhere in the middle

Lot of fun , lots of laughs

Although it does have the same villain probably as most Marvel movies , Ghost was cool , but in the end , probably forgettable

I got the feeling that this Marve'ls way to let us all catch our breath before they crank things up again with the next three films on their slate is Captain Marvel , which I have a feeling is going to be a pretty large film , then Avengers 4 followed by Spider-man : Far from Home

Angry Ram

I rented Pacific Rim 2. I was hype for that movie, but it came up so, so short.

You keep waiting for that awesome moment and it never shows up.

5/10, only b/c of the cool robots.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Di
The Incredibles 2
5/10
All this time to come up with a plot for #2 and they couldn't come up with anything fun.
What a waste. Oh and it scared the kids too....

Too bad. My daughter really wanted to see this too. I guess it is one to accidentally forget about.

Psycho_X

Legend
Ant Man and The Wasp
8/10
I was expecting more of a comedy than a normal Avenger movie and it didn't disappoint. Michael Pena is funny every time he's on screen. Satisfactory action and super heroes doing super hero stuff. The two hours went by quickly. I docked one point for the after, after credit scene because it was pointless even if it was kinda funny. Also, Michelle Pfeifer still looks pretty good. And of course this is always nice to look at...

giphy.gif

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've tried to watch Wonder Woman and Farenheit 451, and couldn't get through either one. I watched the new "It" by Stephen King, and it was just OK. (Liked the "It" with Tim Curry as Pennywise, better).

I liked "Pitch Dark" with Vin Diesel better than them all, on HBO Now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pitch Black is flawed, but I really like it.
Yes...the one thing they never explained was how these million of creatures on a world with three suns, survived the majority of the time when it wasn't "Pitch Black." .It had been twenty years before according to samples collected by the dead geologists when there was another eclipse. 20 year cycle, or was it more often? Plus, the world seemed to be just a boneyard on the surface. Each one of the monsters looked to be at 80 pounds, so what did they eat normally?

Ah well, I liked Vin Diesel's character in the movie...

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched the original "French Connection"(1971) with Gene Hackman and Roy Scheider (JAWS), which I believe won Academy Awards back in the day and it was good. It was one of the first transitional movies after the hay's code era. A personal note:the movie really was a bittersweet nostalgic trip for me. The grittiness.style of that period washed over me with familiarity (lived through it). People in their 50's and older in the picture are mostly long gone now and that was the pre-internet, pre-computer, pre-smartphone...he.ll, it was the pre-air conditioning era, as you see unused fans in various ways (they were off because it's winter in the movie). The cars in the many scenes were 40's,50's, 60's, and the new cars were the 1970 models. If you are from that era, watch it again to experience it again...

tempests

Hall of Fame
Gone Girl- 7.5/10

Plot is fantastic, the acting is so so but we are talking about Ben Affleck so what can you expect. Had a little comedy mixed in as well.

Saw this one yesterday. Scared me out of ever wanting to get into bed with Rosamund Pike. Geez.

8/10

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hereditary 6/10

Pros 0:02:06 trailer looks good. (i found the witch to be an interesting movie) and these are the same folks involved.

Cons the other 2:04:54 of movie put around it.

imdb has this rate @ 8.1 / 10 . i know, i know, false accounts, etc etc et al.
i do like slow build ups and tension based movies.......... a quiet place was somewhat successful at this.
unfortunately i didnt get that here. my wife and I waited, and waited, and waited and waited and continued to wait for the movie to let loose and let us "have it". by the time it had finished i thought to myself, i could've stayed home and watched 4 episodes of the original star trek. and by all the subtle laughter that i heard in the theater (until i gave in and laughed out loud at the floating headless corpse scene) -----which seemed to break the ice as the rest of the theater joined in i realized i wasnt the only one who had become bored with the spectacle.
this could have been really good. it just didnt end up that way.

i think the problem is you went into the theater expecting an action movie, or horror/blockbuster type movie.

i loved every minute of the movie. probably because i wasn't expecting anything as i knew nothing about the movie and hadn't seen a trailer for it. i could just enjoy the movie for what it was, a slow burner with horror overtones. 10/10.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
10/10 I just re-watched Seabiscuit today, and I can't believe that forgot how good it was....Man, this is a guy tear-jerker. Loved it.