LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Watched "Wag the Dog" last night.

Plot , Presdient fucks a "girl scout" he pulls out of a group touring the White House, his re-election is on the line 11 days to go until his election.
His re-election campaign fakes a war to drive the story off the front page and succeeds.

The parallels with Bill Clinton were just so damned funny and BTW the film pre-dates Clinton's humidor/hummer/ "I did not have.........."

We ARE sheep,those of us that aren't "kooks" who really question.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I watched Life of Pi last night.
Pretty well made movie, and Christians would really enjoy it.

The wife was in tears though.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Elysium - 8/10

Some real serious hand weapons in this movie. A violent movie, and quite cool.

This dystopian view of the Earth may not have so much to do with reality, but it does take the current financial separation of the wealthy from the middle class and poor to an extreme conclusion. A space station for 1 percenters.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thordaddy said:
Watched "Wag the Dog" last night.

Plot , Presdient fucks a "girl scout" he pulls out of a group touring the White House, his re-election is on the line 11 days to go until his election.
His re-election campaign fakes a war to drive the story off the front page and succeeds.

The parallels with Bill Clinton were just so damned funny and BTW the film pre-dates Clinton's humidor/hummer/ "I did not have.........."

We ARE sheep,those of us that aren't "kooks" who really question.
A lot of truths in that movie. Seeing your post makes me want to watch it again. By the way, if you liked this one you might also enjoy "War, Inc." with Cusack brother/sister team.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884224/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0884224/</a>

Ram Quixote said:
Elysium - 8/10

Some real serious hand weapons in this movie. A violent movie, and quite cool.

This dystopian view of the Earth may not have so much to do with reality, but it does take the current financial separation of the wealthy from the middle class and poor to an extreme conclusion. A space station for 1 percenters.
I think sending them to live on a space station is a grand idea.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Saw "The Heat" two weeks ago. Funny if you like rude humour.

Saw "Jobs" last night. Ashton Kutcher does a pretty good job in that movie. Its a good movie, but definitely not for everyone being a story about how Apple got started.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:

Saw "Jobs" last night. Ashton Kutcher does a pretty good job in that movie. Its a good movie, but definitely not for everyone being a story about how Apple got started.
I saw 'The Heat' too, but thought it paled in comparison to 'Bridesmaids.'

Now THAT was rude. :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
CGI_Ram said:

Did they mention the 1990s? :lmao:

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I just got done watching Acceptance. It has Tina Fey and Paul Rudd so I thought it would be kind of a goofy comedy. It was more of a dramady. It was pretty good, but I was expecting something different. I'd give it 6.5/10. If any of you are parents trying to get their kid into a good college, you might like it more.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I watched "The Scenic Route" last night. I highly recommend seeing this in some capacity. I get my movies online, but you can get it any way you choose. Very rarely do you see a good movie that doesn't involve more than 2 actors, no special effects, and only a couple of locations. This one is very good, and actually has a story. The ending is a real curve ball too, but not something that makes you say, "wtf? that makes no sense!"

See it.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Olympus Has Fallen - 6/10

The movie itself as an action flick isn't too bad, without giving away any spoilers essentially a highly trained terrorist force assaults the White House and takes it over, holding the President, Vice President, and others hostage, and it's up to a lone Secret Service Agent to save the day. Far fetched, but I enjoyed the idea of the plot going into the film.

I had to deduct points because they had some major things in the story they never explain. For example the terrorist group has an Air Force AC130 Gunship (in the previews you can see it) and they never explain how they have it. They also have other advanced experimental weapons from the military, and in the movie they even ask how they got them, never explained it. They also had a weakness in the plot idea (a platoon sized terrorist group taking over the white house) so they essentially made every American officer/secret service agent fucking retarded. And I mean it was really bad, they show a bunch of guys standing on the roof and the lawn trying to shoot the Gunship down with M4's, pistols, and 7.62 Sniper Rifles, while just getting mowed down. Then they have waves of guys who run out into machine gun fire and get mowed down, just stupid. F22 pilots flying right next to the Gunship allowing themselves to get shot down by mini guns instead of behind it. It makes no sense to threaten to shoot down a plane if you're flying next to it where you cant shoot it. I also took off a point because they said the Secret Service Agent was "ex Special Forces, Ranger division.".... Special Forces is a specific unit within Special Operations. Rangers are another separate unit within Special Operations, and they are a Regiment. There is division sized unit in Special Operations. 5 seconds on Google would have told them, that's just being lazy.

As an action flick it's not horrible, but I had to try to ignore everything they did to make the plot work. When instead they could have just written it better to make it work.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Holy shit this was a great movie...

<a class="postlink" href="http://viooz.co/movies/12404-savage-2009.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://viooz.co/movies/12404-savage-2009.html</a>

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
If you like Quentin Tarantino movies...

Just watched Bounty Killer. It's not a Tarantino movie, but it's got enough blood and guts for one. Tits and Ass too.

Fun watch. 8.5 out of 10. Maybe 9.5.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bluecoconuts said:
Olympus Has Fallen - 6/10

The movie itself as an action flick isn't too bad, without giving away any spoilers essentially a highly trained terrorist force assaults the White House and takes it over, holding the President, Vice President, and others hostage, and it's up to a lone Secret Service Agent to save the day. Far fetched, but I enjoyed the idea of the plot going into the film.

I had to deduct points because they had some major things in the story they never explain. For example the terrorist group has an Air Force AC130 Gunship (in the previews you can see it) and they never explain how they have it. They also have other advanced experimental weapons from the military, and in the movie they even ask how they got them, never explained it. They also had a weakness in the plot idea (a platoon sized terrorist group taking over the white house) so they essentially made every American officer/secret service agent freaking retarded. And I mean it was really bad, they show a bunch of guys standing on the roof and the lawn trying to shoot the Gunship down with M4's, pistols, and 7.62 Sniper Rifles, while just getting mowed down. Then they have waves of guys who run out into machine gun fire and get mowed down, just stupid. F22 pilots flying right next to the Gunship allowing themselves to get shot down by mini guns instead of behind it. It makes no sense to threaten to shoot down a plane if you're flying next to it where you cant shoot it. I also took off a point because they said the Secret Service Agent was "ex Special Forces, Ranger division.".... Special Forces is a specific unit within Special Operations. Rangers are another separate unit within Special Operations, and they are a Regiment. There is division sized unit in Special Operations. 5 seconds on Google would have told them, that's just being lazy.

As an action flick it's not horrible, but I had to try to ignore everything they did to make the plot work. When instead they could have just written it better to make it work.

Yea, good popcorn film but it was over the top. Guess you have to be to make it plausible that terrorists could take the White House. Still, it was hard to make it believable...which action films usually aren't that believable but this "invasion" was pretty far-fetched and basically made it seem like every American member involved are/were idiots.

White House Down was equally as far-fetched.

Of the two, I thought Olympus Has Fallen was better.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
Last flick I saw in the theaters: The World's End (8/10 stars)

This is the final installment of the Simon Pegg/Nick Frost/Edgar Wright "3 Flavours Cornetto Trilogy" (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and now the World's End). If you're unfamiliar with the plot, here's the trailer:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n__1Y-N5tQk[/youtube]

If you're a fan of the first two, this one's a winner too. Of the 3, though -- Hot Fuzz still edges out the other 2 as my fave. If you missed The World's End in theaters, it's out on DVD/Blu on November 19.

had

Rookie
So, "I Am Legend" was on TNT last night. Or FX. Something.

I love that movie. Seen it about 20 times.

The main zombie, the one who unleashes the dogs on Will Smith, the one who breaks into the house at the end and throws Will Smith around with his mouth, and of course, the one who breaks through the glass wall at the very end -- this zombie -- I started wondering, who would this guy have been before the virus got him?

Immediately I start thinking he had to be some football player. Or maybe a hockey player? Or maybe FDNY?

Now that I think about it, I don't know.

But if that zombie was a football player, who would he have been? I'm thinking like an Adam Archuleta. Or even a Sam Bradford.

Okay, I think this post stinks. Carry on.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Watched "The Lone Ranger" today, don't see why critics hated it so much, i thought it was quite enjoyable, give it a 7/10. I don't think Johhny Depp was over the top or anything, i thought he played Tonto quite good, might be because he didn't talk as much as he does in most films which is good if you playing Tonto.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Went to see World War ZZZzzzzzzzzz the other day. Need I say more? But I will anyway. I've never been so tense and bored at the same time. Everything about that movie was impossible. Including and especially Brad Pitt's character. My eyes hurt they were rolling so much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ho

lee

shit.

:hellzno:

<a class="postlink" href="http://viooz.co/movies/22660-we-are-what-we-are-2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://viooz.co/movies/22660-we-are-wha ... -2013.html</a>

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The Campaign ......comic genious' Will Ferrell and Zac. Galafanocus at their best