LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ScotsRam said:
Finally got round to watching silver linings playbook. Really enjoyed it. Lawrence and cooper are great and have real chemistry. I liked how it dealt with difficult issues. 8/10

i saw that too and imma try to get this post off fuckkkked up too hahahaha but yeah great mpvie. She,Jennifer Lawrence, an I'm not a giant fan, but that was destruction. What a fucking performance. She deserved every bit of that Oscar. She made that entire movie imo.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
PhxRam said:
In a movie theater? Ghost.

10/10

Was trying to get laid. Success.

LMAO... Last movie I used to score w/ was Phenomenon. We left 1/2 way through. Success

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Watched Silver Linings Playbook yesterday. I laughed my ass off throughout. Holy Shit.

AND

There is a huge amount of NFL football stuff going on in the background of the story. It's on-point with it too, many movies try and include football but never get it right. Bunch of stuff with football juju that is also accurate and hilarious. The juju shit had me picturing many of you freaks in here, myself included of course. :sly: They're insane eagle fans.

Funny as shit, and as a bonus, the wives / girlfriends will enjoy it too. I'd give it a high score for a comedy.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
Watched Silver Linings Playbook yesterday. I laughed my ass off throughout. Holy Shit.

AND

There is a huge amount of NFL football stuff going on in the background of the story. It's on-point with it too, many movies try and include football but never get it right. Bunch of stuff with football juju that is also accurate and hilarious. The juju shit had me picturing many of you freaks in here, myself included of course. :sly: They're insane eagle fans.

Funny as shit, and as a bonus, the wives / girlfriends will enjoy it too. I'd give it a high score for a comedy.

Huh. It has Bradley Cooper in it. THAT won't be a hard sell to the wife. :sly: Put it in the Queue right after The Sopranos.

Speaking of which, any of you watch that series? After the first season, I couldn't see what all the hubub was about. Too much crap with his psychiatrist and character building. Now we are through Season 2 and I'm pissed cuz I have to wait a couple days for the Season 3 discs to get here.

Somehow Cowboys and Aliens got in the middle of the Sopranos in our queue. Hope that is at least worth watching.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
RamFan503 said:
Selassie I said:

AND

Huh. It has Bradley Cooper in it. THAT won't be a hard sell to the wife. :sly: Put it in the Queue right after The Sopranos.

Speaking of which, any of you watch that series? After the first season, I couldn't see what all the hubub was about. Too much crap with his psychiatrist and character building. Now we are through Season 2 and I'm pissed cuz I have to wait a couple days for the Season 3 discs to get here.

Somehow Cowboys and Aliens got in the middle of the Sopranos in our queue. Hope that is at least worth watching.

WTF... You're just now watching The Sopranos !?? You can't stop now Bro.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Selassie I said:
WTF... You're just now watching The Sopranos !?? You can't stop now Bro.

I know - right? I blame it on the wife and kids for bumping down my choices - CONSTANTLY. Should have never given them that password. They bump it THIS time and the password mysteriously won't work. :what:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Iron Man 3. 6.8/10...it was good but some things just kinda drug it down. Although I loved the final battle. Best of the 3 Iron Man movies.

And this song...is just badass.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrMPMTVOz8M[/youtube]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
RamFan503 said:

It isn't. Stay with the Sopranos though, you won't be disappointed.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
Iron Man 3. 6.8/10...it was good but some things just kinda drug it down. Although I loved the final battle. Best of the 3 Iron Man movies.
Just curious. What kind of things "drug it down?" Are you talking Tony out of the suit? The PTSD?

I give it an 8/10. Ben Kingsley's performance added an extra point.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Faceplant said:
RamFan503 said:

It isn't. Stay with the Sopranos though, you won't be disappointed.

MAN! That's an hour and a half I'll never get back. Could it have BEEN more miscast? And the "acting"? Wow! I'd give it about a 3 out of 10 if I'm being generous. Did that thing go straight to video?

Soprano discs can't get here soon enough. Of course I forgot that piece of crap "movie" in my blue ray so I got another day for disc three.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Just curious. What kind of things "drug it down?" Are you talking Tony out of the suit? The PTSD?

Glad to see at least someone likes it. I haven't heard from anyone else besides you two. My wife HAS to see it so I'm hoping I will at least be entertained. I'm not asking for Oscar material. Just entertain me.

Angry Ram

Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

SPOILERS TO ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT!!!

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!!!!!!!

You were warned........

I didn't like what they did with the Mandarin. Like OK, the plot twist of him being not the main villain was fine and yes, Ben Kingsley's acting was awesome and hilarious. I just didn't like how he was made out to be an incompetent puppet. If anything, he could've been Killian's right hand man, not his bitch.

Speaking of Killian, what was his beef with Tony? That he ditched him in 1999 and is Pepper's BF? That's it and he starts on the Extremis?

Lack of War Machine/Iron Patriot action. Basically we saw Rhodey invading clubs in the Middle East for like 4 minutes. Unlike in the second movie, where he and Tony worked as a cohesive tag-team. He was barely involved in the final battle, he just saved the President and flew away. Never heard from again.

This might be nitpicking, but how many times did the Mark 42 get absolutely destroyed and then was 92% operational by charging it from a car battery? Even for a superhero movie, that was kinda far fetched. At least in the Avengers, when the Mark VI got damaged in the turbine of the helicarrier, he got a shiny new Mark VII.

What would've made it worse if this kid Tony was working with ended up putting on a suit or became a sap story. So glad he ditched the kid the way he did.

Tony's suit army had zero back story. I wasn't expecting like a long, drawn story over every single one of them. But if you hadn't read up on each suit on it's website what each one was about, you had no idea what each suit's specialty was. My favorite looking on the website was Starboost:

detail.jpg

Not only was Starboost not told what it's specialty was (deep space exploration), neither was any other. I would've loved to see a quick montage of what each suit does. Something like

"Igor...the big heavy. Lifts anything and everything."

"Heartbreaker...need ammo? Call on it."

"Need to go beyond this world? Starboost will get you there."

It wouldn't have been more than 5 minutes or so...but instead they randomly show up. I realize the suits represented Tony's obsession with tinkering after what happened in The Avengers, I just wished we were told what they do.

Didn't hate the movie...thought it was entertaining mostly throughout and Robert Downey, Jr. delivered again. Just these things kinda "mehed" for me. Sorry for the ramble.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

You were warned........

I didn't like what they did with the Mandarin. Like OK, the plot twist of him being not the main villain was fine and yes, Ben Kingsley's acting was awesome and hilarious. I just didn't like how he was made out to be an incompetent puppet. If anything, he could've been Killian's right hand man, not his bitch.

Speaking of Killian, what was his beef with Tony? That he ditched him in 1999 and is Pepper's BF? That's it and he starts on the Extremis?

Lack of War Machine/Iron Patriot action. Basically we saw Rhodey invading clubs in the Middle East for like 4 minutes. Unlike in the second movie, where he and Tony worked as a cohesive tag-team. He was barely involved in the final battle, he just saved the President and flew away. Never heard from again.

This might be nitpicking, but how many times did the Mark 42 get absolutely destroyed and then was 92% operational by charging it from a car battery? Even for a superhero movie, that was kinda far fetched. At least in the Avengers, when the Mark VI got damaged in the turbine of the helicarrier, he got a shiny new Mark VII.

What would've made it worse if this kid Tony was working with ended up putting on a suit or became a sap story. So glad he ditched the kid the way he did.

Tony's suit army had zero back story. I wasn't expecting like a long, drawn story over every single one of them. But if you hadn't read up on each suit on it's website what each one was about, you had no idea what each suit's specialty was. My favorite looking on the website was Starboost:

detail.jpg

Not only was Starboost not told what it's specialty was (deep space exploration), neither was any other. I would've loved to see a quick montage of what each suit does. Something like

It wouldn't have been more than 5 minutes or so...but instead they randomly show up. I realize the suits represented Tony's obsession with tinkering after what happened in The Avengers, I just wished we were told what they do.

Didn't hate the movie...thought it was entertaining mostly throughout and Robert Downey, Jr. delivered again. Just these things kinda "mehed" for me. Sorry for the ramble.

I took my son to see iron man a few days ago, and I couldn't remember anyone's name.. not even that Tony was iron man... You must really be into super heros. And I'm still trying to figure out who killian is.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Angry Ram

fastcat said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

You were warned........

detail.jpg

I took my son to see iron man a few days ago, and I couldn't remember anyone's name.. not even that Tony was iron man... You must really be into super heros. And I'm still trying to figure out who killian is.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

See spoiler for my response fastcat. I really love super hero movies and sci-fi movies and try not to over think or over analyze things.

Like for example:

Tony Stark shopping in a freakin ma and pop hardware store and making weapons. C'mon, but hey Stark is a tech genious.

Aldrich Killian was the guy who created Extremis, the long-haired, glasses wearing nerd in the beginning and then became that slick long haired guy. Always wearing a white suit.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

You were warned........

detail.jpg

As far as Kingsley as the Mandarin, he wasn't. Killian was. And that absolutely worked for me, even though I half-expected it. But only because Stark got into his place so easily. You saw how well Killian "shared" power by killing the lady scientist who was the brains behind Extremis. Kingsley's character could only be a figurehead.

Angry Ram

Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

You were warned........

detail.jpg

As far as Kingsley as the Mandarin, he wasn't. Killian was. And that absolutely worked for me, even though I half-expected it. But only because Stark got into his place so easily. You saw how well Killian "shared" power by killing the lady scientist who was the brains behind Extremis. Kingsley's character could only be a figurehead.

Again it wasn't the Mandarin's twist, it was how he was made out to be after the twist. An incompetent, beer drinking, idiot. Funny? Hell yeah, just not my taste for the Mandarin in this type of movie

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

You were warned........

detail.jpg

Again it wasn't the Mandarin's twist, it was how he was made out to be after the twist. An incompetent, beer drinking, idiot. Funny? Hell yeah, just not my taste for the Mandarin in this type of movie
Since this is just between you and me, HE WASN'T THE MANDARIN! And because he wasn't, it didn't matter if he was a drunk-off-his-ass addict. Kingsley may have been cast as the Mandarin, but that was part of Killian's show.

Angry Ram

Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:

You were warned........

detail.jpg

Since this is just between you and me, HE WASN'T THE MANDARIN! And because he wasn't, it didn't matter if he was a drunk-off-his-ass addict. Kingsley may have been cast as the Mandarin, but that was part of Killian's show.

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree. I overall loved the movie, just not the how the twist ended up. And not more Iron Patriot. And lack of back story of the other suits.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Evil Dead...8/10

My girl and I went to go see this at 12 midnight after it has been out for like 2 weeks and not one single person was in there but us...

I give it a high rating because im a big Evil Dead fan and damn... that shit scared the fuck out of us.

I smoked a fatty before I went in and shit lol... I think it was more crazy because we were alone and its so damn loud but it was good, we had a great time and we both thought it was a good flick.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Trout Fishing in Yemen, pretty good Emily Blunt is a QT