LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Saw "The Great Gatsby" today.

Very good movie. 8 out of 10. The only reason its not higher is I felt it was a bit long. The cinematography was AWESOME. Soundtrack too.

I saw it in 2D. Recommend seeing in in 3D though

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil.

8.9 out of 10.

Seriously cheezy but surprisingly good.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Ironman 3 :
It was a pretty good plot twist,Ben Kingsly will get some notice for his performance .
Don't regret going because I went with my two sons and those moments are in dwindling supply ,but they made me sit so close my slow reacting eyes had problems .
There are just so many ways the suit can dominate/fail in a fight so when the next 20 Ironman movies come out I'll wait for the video or even premium channels to get it.

The later I bought Django and we watched it.

Thor counted over 40 niggers in the movie,that's over 40 times the word was used , but I really don't think it was used in ways people of the day didn't so that part was pretty historically correct.
Christoph Waltz as Dr.King Shultz was great as was his horse Fritz that nodded it's head when he introduced it,actually Jamie Foxx' performance in the title role was OK Samuel L. Jackson and Di Caprio were both better in their roles.
Russ Tamblyn of "Tom Thumb " fame was also in the movie,good for him he's still working.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Sexy Beast 7.4/10

Pretty good short crime/heist movie.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Star Trek: Into Darkness

8.5 out of 10

Takes a well-known TOS episode and turns it significantly.

Only for those who have seen it:
This is not a remake of Wrath of Khan, despite the, um, similarities. There are different themes in this movie, especially considering how the timeline has changed.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Man of Steel ... 8.5 out of 10

Loses 1 point because the fight scenes go on too long.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
The Purge: Took Thor to dinner and movie wife and Austin were at a Cardinal Charity deal in St Lou .

Had a good time with my son, movie.

Sorry but it was ANOTHER of Hollywoods or whoever's attempts at class envy inculcation.
'
America has a "purge" for twelve hours per year that let's everyone commit any crime without retribution.
Rich people with security systems lock themselves in , other go out hunting and killing homeless people , in the end a black guy is the hero, a mixed couple is cast as upper class , the racial , class under tones are evident and predictable throughout, decent acting by some ,completely fantastical.
Unless you are going in order to be with the person you are going with wait to see this one ,it'll be out on blue ray and on clearance inside 18 months,but ya know I think I'd rent it knowing what I know about it.
When Thor wakes up from the drunk he went on when we parted ,I'm sure he'll have all sorts of "plans for the day it comes to fruition and when you watch it you think "this is a survivalists commercial" or at least I did.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
I have seen 2 recently.

I saw "Now You See Me". It was pretty good. Very entertaining throughout. I would definitely recommend everyone see it, but because it doesnt have much re-watchability it gets a 6.5/10

I saw "The Man of Steel" last night. It was better than I expected. I thought the first half of the movie would be devoted to a boing child version of Clark Kent, but it really wasnt. It's a long movie but it doesnt seem that way. It felt like a 90 min movie. It was action packed. They also prominently framed superman as an American, which I thought was pretty cool. This was a great reboot to the classic franchise. It's not a work of art, but it's about as good as the superhero genre gets 8.5/10

fastcat

Pro Bowler
City of God was the latest movie I watched and I give it an 9. It's a Brazilian movie spoken in Portuguese, but had English sub titles. It's based on true events and its about how a city (forgot the name of it) got started by running all the undesirables out of Rio de janaroi. They started their own town and it eventually got ran by the local hoodlums and is (I think) the oldest modern day slum. And it show cases how 2 real young boys choose different paths of life.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
libertadrocks said:
I saw "The Man of Steel" last night. It was better than I expected. I thought the first half of the movie would be devoted to a boing child version of Clark Kent, but it really wasnt. It's a long movie but it doesnt seem that way. It felt like a 90 min movie. It was action packed. They also prominently framed superman as an American, which I thought was pretty cool. This was a great reboot to the classic franchise. It's not a work of art, but it's about as good as the superhero genre gets 8.5/10

Good to hear that , looking forward to seeing it this weekend.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is the end.

This movie was pretty freaking awesome. Funny, cool special effects, lots of fun cameos...
I definitely recommend this one.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yma-g4gTwlE[/youtube]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I saw The Wolverine yesterday. It was alright...Wolverine is more of a badass in this one. Great fight scenes...Wolverine vs. ninjas? Child, please. That was awesome.

Just didn't like the storyline...not that it wasn't bad it just seemed random. Hey old random Japanese guy wants to thank Wolverine saving him from the a-bomb 50 something years ago while spying through the events of the X-Men. Plus Viper was just there...no backstory or character development with her.

I'd give it 7/10 b/c the movie was good just the storyline wasn't really my cup of tea.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Pacific Rim -- 6/10

The monster/robot battles were awesome. Fans of this type of action were probably sqweeing in their seats.

But the plot and the characters were ultimately disappointing. We've seen stuff like this before; only the backdrop is different. I still recommend it when it comes out on DVD.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Watched Pawn Shop Chronicles on pay per view.

It was hilarious, whacked, disturbing, and twisted. Highly entertaining. I had never heard of it prior to seeing it listed on ppv.

Funny ass shit without a dull moment.

8.75 / 10

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
I saw The Wolverine yesterday. It was alright...Wolverine is more of a badass in this one. Great fight scenes...Wolverine vs. ninjas? Child, please. That was awesome.

Just didn't like the storyline...not that it wasn't bad it just seemed random. Hey old random Japanese guy wants to thank Wolverine saving him from the a-bomb 50 something years ago while spying through the events of the X-Men. Plus Viper was just there...no backstory or character development with her.

I'd give it 7/10 b/c the movie was good just the storyline wasn't really my cup of tea.

Completely agree with your assessment. Although Wolverine wasn't as bad ass when he was mortal. Id give it a 7 too. I was a bit disappointed tho. Viper?.....Really?.....Really?

Ram Quixote said:
Pacific Rim -- 6/10

The monster/robot battles were awesome. Fans of this type of action were probably sqweeing in their seats.

But the plot and the characters were ultimately disappointing. We've seen stuff like this before; only the backdrop is different. I still recommend it when it comes out on DVD.

I LOVED Pacific Rim. I saw it in IMAX 3D. Tickets cost $17.50 and were worth every penny. It was incredible. Exactly what I would want from a summer blockbuster. 10/10

However I will say if I had seen it on a smaller scale(small theatre/no 3D/home) i would not have liked it nearly as much. 6/10

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Anyone see The Conjuring yet? Usually not in to the "true story" retarded ghost shit, but it's getting pretty good reviews it seems.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Watched all four of the "Bourne" movies this week,loved 'em ,one and all,thinking of making "Extreme Ways " which they remixed with some vocals that sound like Annie Lennox for "Legacy", my ringtonee

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Username said:
Anyone see The Conjuring yet? Usually not in to the "true story" retarded ghost shyte, but it's getting pretty good reviews it seems.

I seen it a few days ago, pretty good movie and made me "jump" on more than one occasion. If your into paranormal stuff you will really enjoy it... If not, maybe not so much.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've been watching a ton of movies lately. So, out of 5 stars, here goes.

Sinister - 2 stars.
It has a lot of "BOO!" moments, but no real substance.

The Watch - 5 stars (Finally got around to seeing this)
Totally implausible, but it's an awesome cast and Vince Vaughn was great.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World - 3.5 stars
Made no sense until I understood the symbolism.

I spit on your grave (remake 2010) - 4.5 stars
Holy Crap ... the revenge is brutal.

Killing Season - 3 stars
The first movie John Travolta and Robert De Niro made together, believe it or not.
Got a REALLY bad Rotten Tomatoes rating, but I don't let them dictate my taste.
Cinematography was nice. Story was good. Execution fell short. Torture scenes are AWESOME.