LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I'm gonna watch that tonight based on your recommendation.

So ... it better not suck. :frown:

lol well damn, let me know what you think after you watch. hope it doesn't suck for you :bigup:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Cloud Atlas 4.6/10 You're trying too hard to convey such a simplistic uninteresting message. You'll find yourself praying for the end, and by the time you get there you'll wish you would've just stopped watching. Don't even think I would've like it if I was high as giraffe snatch.

Side note: This season of Boardwalk Empire is getting BADASS

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
MV5BMTc2Mjc0MDg3MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjUzMDkxMw@@._V1_SX214_.jpg
MV5BMjI0MjIxMDIwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk5MDc1Mw@@._V1_SX214_.jpg
MV5BMTk0NTY3NjMwOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI1MjQwNA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

This is the original Swedish version. Amazon Prime now has the full trilogy in Extended version, with over 2hrs of new material - that's 9hrs total. The entire trilogy rates an A+.

Way way better than the US version which came out a couple years ago. Noomi Rapace plays the main role, and she is awesome.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Thor: The Dark World 6.8/10. It's not bad, but just not quite 7 (which is what I think the stand alone Marvel movies are).

There's a lot more action in this one. It ended up being more funny than a dark epic, but still a good fun Marvel movie. Loki is gold.

I wish they had more of Sif and the 3 warriors, but w/ so many characters on top of Thor/Loki (Malekith, Odin, Jane, Darcy, Selvig, Heimdall, Frigga, dark elf henchmen) I could see why they were passed over a bit.

Overall just turn your brain off and go to Asgard. Lots of surprises. Oh and be sure to stay ALL the way toward the end credits...there's 2 scenes. One midway, one after all the credits show.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I just saw Ender's Game. Give it a 6.5/10

For those of you who read the book, it was fairly loyal to the book. There were some differences, however. It was more of a special effects movie than anything else. The special effects were pretty good. The kid who played Ender did a decent job, but his emotions as the end seemed a bit contrived. Overall, not very good considering this is considered one of the greatest sci-fi books of the past 50 years

The book seems to delve a bit into a few questions such as: whether it's right to expose children to warfare and breed them to become generals at an early age? Is it right to wipe out an entire species/race that you don't really understand or try to work things out with? Is a pre-emptive war ethically right? The movie tries to explore those, but does not do a very good job of it.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Watched on Amazon streaming the other night. This movie never gets old. A+

And such an awesome sountrack by Cat Stevens. The lyrics to all of his work is amazing. He was too insightful for the establishment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Watched on Amazon streaming the other night. This movie never gets old. A+

And such an awesome sountrack by Cat Stevens. The lyrics to all of his work is amazing. He was too insightful for the establishment.

Love Harold and Maude, classic and one i always enjoy watching. The scene when the mom is interviewing that chick and he kills himself over and over is my favorite lol. The suicide seens were the best and very elaberate, and the mom just goes along with it like its nothing lol

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Love Harold and Maude, classic and one i always enjoy watching. The scene when the mom is interviewing that chick and he kills himself over and over is my favorite lol. The suicide seens were the best and very elaberate, and the mom just goes along with it like its nothing lol
I've never figured out if the last date actually killed herself or not - she was the actress and was the only one who knew Harold was just play-acting, then used the dagger on herself.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I've never figured out if the last date actually killed herself or not - she was the actress and was the only one who knew Harold was just play-acting, then used the dagger on herself.

I do not believe she dies. Since she is an actress and recites romeo and juliet and she checks the blade first. That is my opinion at least.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I do not believe she dies. Since she is an actress and recites romeo and juliet and she checks the blade first. That is my opinion at least.
And the mom's reaction was classic: "But Harold, that was your last date!"

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
If you're in the mood for a couple of decent action flicks check out The Wolverine, or/and The Grey. Both worth at least a watch.

I saw This Is the End too. Pretty funny.

Going to try to find some time to watch the western series Lonesome Dove sometime soon too. Been forever since I've seen it. Matter of fact, I was so young when I did, I don't even really remember the full story. I love good westerns, and this was one of my Grandfathers favorites that he always told me to watch. Gonna try to check that out soon.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I went to see Gravity with the wife at a 3D theatre. Ok, 3D was great, visuals were fantastic, movie was a snore. I never thought I could ever get tired of hearing Sandra Bullocik breath hard but.... I was dead wrong.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Cloud Atlas 4.6/10 You're trying too hard to convey such a simplistic uninteresting message. You'll find yourself praying for the end, and by the time you get there you'll wish you would've just stopped watching. Don't even think I would've like it if I was high as giraffe snatch.

Side note: This season of Boardwalk Empire is getting BADASS

Oh man, I watched that not long ago, man oh man was I ready to get that movie over and gone. I kept watching because of the star power but it never arrived. Don't do it!

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I watched Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug last week.

7.5/10. It was good...the 3 hours just fly by. Lot more action this time. It had a lot of suspense, and the return of Legolas was cool.

I also rented Pacific Rim. I wasn't expecting much but holy shit that's a movie you have to crank up your sound system for. I loved it. The music, the metal, the monsters...wow! 7/10.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I went to see Gravity with the wife at a 3D theatre. Ok, 3D was great, visuals were fantastic, movie was a snore. I never thought I could ever get tired of hearing Sandra Bullocik breath hard but.... I was dead wrong.
You and I must not have seen the same movie. It's nearly perfect in my book -- 9/10. Characterization, pacing; the plot is very simple, but then some of the best movies aren't complicated.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Star Trek Into Darkness.

I found myself thinking "how did we get here" about half a dozen times during this movie. Plot holes galore but it was a bit entertaining. Maybe a 5-6 out of 10.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anchorman 2 wasn't as good as the first. Hilarious at the start and middle but dragged at the end. Seemed too long to me. Could have cut some of the Brick romance parts and the whole shark story.

Rush was a very good movie but I've heard they fudged the truth some.

Out of the Furnace was meh. Missing something. Narrative didn't flow well and it just didn't seem to have a well developed plot.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Hunger Games 2:

Pretty good movie, I hadn't seen the first one, never really thought I would be into it, but I went to see the second one with my girlfriend, and was surprised by how much I liked it, we watched the first one afterwards, and I liked that one as well. The movie started a little slow but it got pretty good, the unfortunate part is that it ended right when it got good.

fearsomefour

Legend
Anchorman 2 wasn't as good as the first. Hilarious at the start and middle but dragged at the end. Seemed too long to me. Could have cut some of the Brick romance parts and the whole shark story.

Rush was a very good movie but I've heard they fudged the truth some.

Out of the Furnace was meh. Missing something. Narrative didn't flow well and it just didn't seem to have a well developed plot.

Out of the Furnace was just a revenge story basically. No big redeeming theme or story. The plot was very blah but it was carried by good actors. Christian Bale is great in almost everything he does and the others were very good as well.