LEGEND Rate the Last Film You Saw

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
National Lampoon already did a spoof in print called Bored of the Rings and, you guessed it, the obvious alternate name was chosen. Frodo was Frito, Aragorn was Arrowroot, etc.
Ugh. I hate spoof movies.

Well, most of them anyway. Airplane! was pretty good (the first one).

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Beneath Hill 60 (Netflix)

Pretty good war flick. Based on a true story. Gotta love those!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
National Lampoon already did a spoof in print called Bored of the Rings and, you guessed it, the obvious alternate name was chosen. Frodo was Frito, Aragorn was Arrowroot, etc.

Check the bolded part. This came out back in the early 70's, long before there was even the glimmer of a movie.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
Ram Quixote said:

Check the bolded part. This came out back in the early 70's, long before there was even the glimmer of a movie.
Oh. My bad. :oops:

But I still hate spoof movies.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Out of these 3 which should I see first?

Django, Lincoln, or Les Mis?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
Ram Quixote said:
Angry Ram said:
OK I saw Hobbit...I liked it! Coming from someone who never saw or read a Tolkien related story.

I also laughed a lot...especially at the troll scene, Golem and the fat dwarf.

Good story, I was surprised at the ending, I was expecting more. Guess that's why there's 2 more movies in the making.

7.5/10
Already filmed, like LOTR. All that's left is post-production stuff.

For someone who read the book multiple times, the movie was pretty spot on to the books, with some minor deviations. The book was fairly silly at times and much of that has been cleaned up. I would think even Tolkien (who rewrote the riddle game with Gollum, and wanted to rewrite more of it after conceiving LOTR) would approve.

Oh really? Well, that's good. I know this was supposed to be more on the serious side, but I still can't stop laughing. The idea of angry dwarves (see what I did there) running around fighting is just hilarious to me.

And I'm glad I saw the main character's name was Bilbo before seeing it...not something else. If ya know what I mean.

Yeah I don't waste my time with those types of movies. Or any movie with the word "movie" in the title.

Lesson said:

Lincoln and Les Mis are more serious, Django is just stupid fun.

I'd go Les Mis, Lincolon, then Django.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Username said:
Holy shit! The Evil Dead remake looks badass!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak[/youtube]

That shit looks perfectly disgusting. Fuckin YIKES!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lesson said:

My wife went to see Les Mis with my mom and sisters. Funny, I didn't even ask how it was, I just assumed it was a chick flick because of that. Django looks fun. I'm a history nut though so I suggest Lincoln.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Lesson said:

Id say the opposite of AR. Id go to Django, then Lincoln, then Les Mis. I will say I havent seen Lincoln tho.

I would give Les Mis a 7/10. Im a fan of the story and the play, however the movie came up short for me in a few ways, mainly some week vocal performances. Definitely a must see if your a fan of the story and play, because of the visual depictions, but otherwise Id wait for it on DVD.

Saw the Hobit last night on a massive IMAX screen. Id give it a 7.5/10. Good but not great. Entertaining throughout. Will look forward to the next 2 films.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I wonder when we're going to see the next original idea-type movie.

Everything nowadays is just playing off of old films and books, or they're just sequels/prequels. I'm still waiting for the next "holy shit" moment from Hollywood. Something nobody has done, or thought of, before. Something tells me that's gonna be a while though.

Remember when Jaws first came out? (you have to be well over 40 for that)
Or Star Wars (the first one)
Or Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
Or Jurassic Park?
Or the Exorcist?

Gimme something original, bitches.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
I wonder when we're going to see the next original idea-type movie.

Everything nowadays is just playing off of old films and books, or they're just sequels/prequels. I'm still waiting for the next "holy shit" moment from Hollywood. Something nobody has done, or thought of, before. Something tells me that's gonna be a while though.

Remember when Jaws first came out? (you have to be well over 40 for that)
Or Star Wars (the first one)
Or Close Encounters of the Third Kind?
Or Jurassic Park?
Or the Exorcist?

Gimme something original, bitches.

I was thinking that same shit today when I saw a preview for Hansel and fucking Gretel. I mean seriously? I don't care how badass u make it.

Looper was a pretty original idea. Not ground breaking, or instant classic in any sense, just a good original movie.

Oh, btw. Have u seen the remake of wizard of oz? Looks pretty good! Hahahaha

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
Aw jeez. Seriously? The Wizard of Fucking Oz? At least make it a sequel and have Dorothy become a Nebraska slut or something. Of course, that's a whole different genre, I suppose.

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's too expensive and risky to make an original idea.

Seriously, that's why Hollywood has been going with what they got now. Generic comedies that are good but not great (Not like Tommy Boy or something, not a classic), and remakes of old movies, that essentially ruin them.

Every so often you'll get a good movie (Avengers) but they're 'safe' because they're not original ideas. They're based off of something already popular.

Original scripts cost a lot more money, and because there's risks if the film flops they lose a lot of money. The original Star Wars, if brought up today would never be made. It's a shame really.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
Username said:
Aw jeez. Seriously? The Wizard of Fucking Oz? At least make it a sequel and have Dorothy become a Nebraska slut or something. Of course, that's a whole different genre, I suppose.

Looks pretty badass though. And I hear Dorothy has this scene in the rain with the Tin Man... something to do with oil and knocking ruby slippers. Little slut.

Know what you mean though. Who didn't practically jump out of their seats when the head rolled out of the boat in Jaws? Not sure if Hollyweird owns an original thought these days.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
X said:
Username said:
Aw jeez. Seriously? The Wizard of freaking Oz? At least make it a sequel and have Dorothy become a Nebraska slut or something. Of course, that's a whole different genre, I suppose.
I saw a trailer for it, and this one is supposedly from the wizard's point of view and his dealings with the witches. I'll probably wait for DVD anyway.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1623205/

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
X said:
Username said:
Aw jeez. Seriously? The Wizard of freaking Oz? At least make it a sequel and have Dorothy become a Nebraska slut or something. Of course, that's a whole different genre, I suppose.
I saw a trailer for it, and this one is supposedly from the wizard's point of view and his dealings with the witches. I'll probably wait for DVD anyway.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1623205/
Yeah, but, the whole thing was a dream. How can there be an alternate POV from the Wizard's standpoint when he wasn't even freaking real to begin with? He was a farmer. I guess this is just yet another movie where people shouldn't think too much about it, and just enjoy the cinematography and/or special effects.

Angry Ram

Some movies I'm planning on seeing this year

Hasnel and Gretel: Witch Hunters...I know it looks so stupid but I want to turn my brain off and have some fun with it.

Lone Ranger

After Earth- the one w/ Will Smith and his kid.

Pacific Rim- depends, maybe good for a rental.

Man of Steel

And of course...the Marvel movies: Iron Man 3, The Wolverine, and Thor: The Dark World.

Gonna be a good year!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
lasvegasrams said:
am i the only one hoping the new wizard of oz can simultaneously be played with a pink floyd album?
That would be pretty boss. I did that once when I was baked.
I would hope others have done the same at some point in their lives.

Angry Ram

Rented Red Tails. I liked it, a little slow at times but sweet dog fights.

7/10