Rapeis Winston gets a 3 game suspension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
What gets me is why would any man have to drug or force a woman to have sex with him, especially when he's rich and a sports star or a celebrity? Maybe it's not about sex but about a feeling of power and control over others. Sick bastards!

Everything in this world is about sex... except sex, sex is about power. - Oscar Wilde - Michael Scott

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sounds like reports are saying he's suspended because they found credible evidence of wrongdoing and not failure to report, btw.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Jameis Winston is such a waste of talent. I remember after we drafted Goff, the narrative was how much better Winston was than Goff, especially after the 2016 season and Goff’s seven game losing streak. I imagine that in the hearts of many Rams fans was that they would have traded Goff for Winston in a heartbeat during the Goff is a bust, phase. Man, I am so glad we got Goff....

In a few years the discussion about Winston/Mariota versus Goff/Wentz won't even come up. I've never thought much of Winston as a QB, both he an Mariota are average.

And right now I'm guessing the Bucs wish they had drafted Mariota.

The conversation about Goff being a bust was frustrating because it was clear that he wasn't, and that no rookie QB was going to do well in that situation. Keenum had terrible numbers too and he wasn't a rookie.

I'm glad they got Goff too. I expect plays to get made now, whereas prior to last year getting into the end zone was a sort of victorious feeling.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just came across this article.

Interesting that he would be hanging around with a rapist. I remember when that case happened, it was hideous stuff.

Anyway the story changed from him being with two other guys to the truth that he was alone with her.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/06/22/j...iend-says-buccaneers-qb-was-alone-uber-driver

Click the link for the entire story, but here are some tidbits.

Brandon Banks, a former Vanderbilt football player who says he was with Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston on the night he alleged sexually abused a female Uber driver, says Winston was alone with the driver and not riding with friends like it was previously claimed, according to ESPN'sOutside the Lines.

When the allegation against Winston was initially reported by BuzzFeed News, Eagles cornerback Ronald Darby said he was with Winston on that night, and said he and Winston sat in the backseat of an Uber while a third friend, now identified as Banks, was in the front seat. Winston also issued a similar statement that said, "the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her."

Mark Scruggs, Banks's attorney, told Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay TimesBanks was in an Uber with Winston and Darby in Scottsdale, Ariz. on their way to a nightclub on the March 2016 night the abuse allegedly happened, but added that Winston left the nightclub in an Uber by himself. Scruggs also told Outside the Lines Winston became "unruly" because he was so intoxicated, which caused Banks and Darby to put him in an Uber.

Banks is currently serving 15 years in prison after he was found guilty of aggravated rape and aggravated sexual battery in June 2017 in relation to his role in the gang rape of a female Vanderbilt student in 2013. Scruggstold Auman the NFL reached out to Banks while he was in prison, but Banks said he would not speak without his attorney and the NFL never followed up.

A spokesman for the Eagles told ESPN Darby was unlikely to comment on the incident Friday and a spokeswoman for Winston told ESPN she could not comment on what Banks said or any other aspect of the investigation.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Anytime in the past 2000 years this would not be considered controversial @Soul Surfer but as of recent history you have to recite 10 hail Darwins and take 20 hours sensitivity training.

Ahh. Groupthink can be so peaceful.

I liked your kind sentiment. Seemed full of love, and lacked judgement in any way.
And to be perfectly honest, my sentiment also contained one too many cocktails.

It might have been the one I raised in DaveFan51's honor.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What does color have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing. It’s the fad now to throw white this and white that out there but if you say black this or that that’s considered wrong or borderline. Tired of all this color bs. It’s dumb and we’ll never move forward as a people playing that bs identity politics doing it.

Deleted two responses, I'm so angry.

This is beyond ignorant and this isn't the venue to respond.

The worst part of this is that this ignorant dogma is allowed as someone's "opinion", but any counter will be labeled "political".

Threadwin it all anyone wants and fill me up with "different opinion" to your heart's content.

Wrong is wrong no matter who says it. And this mess is just wrong.

I gotta go. I can't even...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Deleted two responses, I'm so angry.

Don't know who did that but here's a reminder for all.

Terms of Service and Rules

https://ramsondemand.com/help/terms

8. Comments dealing with or about religion, politics and racism are not allowed. This includes remarks on issues and people related to these topics as well. This rule also extends to avatars and signatures.

9. The moderator(s) of ramsondemand.com have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread(post) for ANY reason.
I come to the Rams-NFL Talk section to read about and discuss football and the NFL in general. I suspect many others here do as well. Race and SJW issues can been discussed on multitudes of internet forums but not this one.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You'd never know the Rams were coming off their first winning season in a decade .....

:baghead:

* edit - sorry, i used to come here for football discussions

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You'd never know the Rams were coming off their first winning season in a decade .....

:baghead:

* edit - sorry, i used to come here for football discussions

And there are pages and pages of those, so if you don't want to post in a thread like this.........ohwaitnevermind.

I'm fucking with you @Dieter the Brock

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
My 8th grade English teacher, Ms. Nelson, was a Playboy centerfold. The only thing I learned in that class was how to hide a boner.

I was going to give you a "high five" but I think the "thumbs up" will be a little less awkward.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Don't know who did that but here's a reminder for all.

Terms of Service and Rules

https://ramsondemand.com/help/terms

8. Comments dealing with or about religion, politics and racism are not allowed. This includes remarks on issues and people related to these topics as well. This rule also extends to avatars and signatures.

9. The moderator(s) of ramsondemand.com have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread(post) for ANY reason.
I come to the Rams-NFL Talk section to read about and discuss football and the NFL in general. I suspect many others here do as well. Race and SJW issues can been discussed on multitudes of internet forums but not this one.

Sorry Prime.

I meant that I wrote and deleted two responses because they weren't appropriate.

I wasn't questioning the Mods.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Sorry Prime.

I meant that I wrote and deleted two responses because they weren't appropriate.

I wasn't questioning the Mods.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

Still the uptick in arguing over societal things none of us can change from behind our keypads has been getting out of hand. Let's all stick to football topics none of us can change from behind our keypads. Can't wait for training camp to begin. :headexplosion:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

To summarise this thread Winston is a germ, he's a shit qb and some guy was lucky enough to have hot women rub up against him, touch him and give him peep shows when he was younger.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Every fan or casual observer can read the news, look at the patterns, and draw whatever conclusion they wish.

All of that means diddly squat to the Bucs and the NFL. For them, its a legal matter. The Bucs have a contract with Winston. The NFL has a contract with the Players Union. As a result, they can’t act on mere belief, logical deduction, or inference without running the risk of a legal war. What they need is evidence.

What’s the evidence against Winston? I don’t know...and neither does anyone else here. So our opinions about what the Bucs and NFL should do to address this issue are of little consequence. All we can do is make it clear that, if the evidence is there, we (some diehard Bucs fans excluded, perhaps) don’t want to see leniency.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Every fan or casual observer can read the news, look at the patterns, and draw whatever conclusion they wish.

All of that means diddly squat to the Bucs and the NFL. For them, its a legal matter. The Bucs have a contract with Winston. The NFL has a contract with the Players Union. As a result, they can’t act on mere belief, logical deduction, or inference without running the risk of a legal war. What they need is evidence.

What’s the evidence against Winston? I don’t know...and neither does anyone else here. So our opinions about what the Bucs and NFL should do to address this issue are of little consequence. All we can do is make it clear that, if the evidence is there, we (some diehard Bucs fans excluded, perhaps) don’t want to see leniency.

That's all very true.

The only distinction is that the level of evidence is not the same as for a criminal matter. Considering there are behavioral clauses and a player can't do things to embarrass the league, which is highly subjective, I think it's very easy to conflate legal evidence with "the information that is compelling enough to a corporation to take action in its own best interest". Those can be, at least, wildly different.

But you're right about the contracts and from what the few lawyers I've met who litigate contract/corporate law have said to me, even ironclad clauses can get murky.

Glad I'm not a Bucs fan...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jameis Winston is such a waste of talent. I remember after we drafted Goff, the narrative was how much better Winston was than Goff, especially after the 2016 season and Goff’s seven game losing streak. I imagine that in the hearts of many Rams fans was that they would have traded Goff for Winston in a heartbeat during the Goff is a bust, phase. Man, I am so glad we got Goff....
Me too, and I would have never traded Goff for Winston. I never thought he was anything but average. Add the corny ass personality and rapist tendencies, and yeah. .... It's a hard no for me dog.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Still the uptick in arguing over societal things none of us can change from behind our keypads has been getting out of hand. Let's all stick to football topics none of us can change from behind our keypads. Can't wait for training camp to begin. :headexplosion:

My original post was really more about how I can't understand how the NFL let him off so lightly, especially since they have really upped the punishment for violence and abuse. It just doesn't make sense..........and if you get 6 games for pushing a woman out of a car then you should get 6 for grabbing her Y. Maybe even 8 now that I think about it. It's a WAY bigger violation IMO.

I think the policy needs wider definitions, it's too broad and too vague. There is, as I said in an earlier post, a spectrum and the NFL needs to address it.

I also think we should petition the NFL for 2 things.

Throwback uni's this year..........and a schedule change to accommodate a home game against the Bucs in Week 4.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Me too, and I would have never traded Goff for Winston. I never thought he was anything but average. Add the corny ass personality and rapist tendencies, and yeah. .... It's a hard no for me dog.

This should become his butt-fumble moment.