Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Me too, but if they are looking to trade somebody, how about the guy that keeps talking retirement & his affinity for Pittsburgh.
Well that's rather amazing, you just used the words "affinity" and "Pittsburgh" in the same sentence.
Many didn't believe that was possible!

~ArkyRamsFan~

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well that's rather amazing, you just used the words "affinity" and "Pittsburgh" in the same sentence.

~ArkyRamsFan~
Unlike Sam Smith, Aaron Donald is the only one.

oldnotdead

Legend
The damn media stirring the pot. If it's just the cap then just re-do his contract. You don't trade away one of the cornerstones of the defense.

The problem is Morris and his fucked up scheme. He's not playing anyone right. I mean he can't even play his best players, muchless play them correctly.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about Rams keep Ramsey & trade Aaron Donald.
I was thinking this earlier. I want Aaron Donald to remain a Ram for life, but the team has other options at D-tackle, including the draft. If they trade Ramsey, they have no one to replace him. I just think corners are harder to replace. JMO.

oldnotdead

Legend
Donald is very likely to retire next year. But I really think if they move him to DE he may stay two years instead of one. At DE it will be much harder for teams to double him especially if they simply play two DTs with Gaines and Hoecht. That will allow the DC to play a 4-2-5 defense.

DE Donald
DT Gaines
DT Hoecht
JACK Floyd

MIKE Wagner
WIL Jones

RCB Ramsey
LCB Rochell
SCB Durant
Safety Lake
FS Scott

That gives them speed and power on the DL. Two of the best ILB combo behind them both strong in run and pass support. They have excellent speed in the secondary with the slowest guy being Lake who as a safety still has good speed at 4.59. If the DC is Jimmy Lake he can play man or his aggressive zone much like Staley did where the DBs are in zone but transfer to man as a receiver enters their zone. No one is out running that secondary.

Getting Jimmy Lake could be like the second coming of Staley.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Okay, then move Ramsey to Safety because I believe he would be spectacular in the role too.
Sounds so easy doesn't it. But then you need to consider his cap hit and transitioning him to safety pay which is a hot bag of peanuts. That's a blue collar position group.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

~ArkyRamsFan~
That's what copious amounts of wine and an overpriced college education can do for you.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That's what copious amounts of wine and an overpriced college education can do for you.
Overpriced? GI Bill paid for it & I have never heard anyone reference the University of Dayton as overpriced. Right about the wine though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought you were an Ohio St alum. This changes everything. As in the mental image of the pinky ring finger extended while sipping a chardonnay, greek frat letters on your office wall, pics at the ninth hole with President Bush...

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
My guess is they probably already have a deal outline done and told Ramsey today. His tweet made me think he knows its happening.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Fuck this organization anymore if they trade Ramsey after cutting Wagner.

I'm so disappointed, disheartened, and frustrated. We used to be a team players wanted to join and now we're shipping them out.

And if McVay is putting all his defensive trust into Raheem to rebuild what was already built, than just retire.

Yeah, I'm overreacting, but I'm so unbelievably sick with how far we've fallen.