Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm with you 1000% here. This is the classic the grass isn't greener on the other side situation. People are crazy to think he's washed up.
Agree! Anyone looks washed up when you play them 10-15 yards off a damn WR. Man him up and let him ball. I'll lose all faith in the front office if they trade him. I'm already thinking Brad Holmes was the brains behind our team when we were winning.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Ramsey brings more than just production to the D. His physicality fires up the whole team and sets the right example for the young DBs to follow.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Why would we trade Ramsey (plus 2 additional late round picks) for only two second round picks? Smh. The drug problem in America is getting seriously out of control.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah, that Miami offer is shit on a plate made of shit. They can F right off with that. Like River said, throw in Phillips and a 2 and we can definitely talk. That will fill a hole and acquire some cap and draft revenue. I know, I'm not going to be happy without Ramsey on the team this year, but I feel like its going to happen.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'm officially scouring the streets for the shit the peeps here are smoking that are talking about trading Ramsey. Must be some fire ass sticky icky I never heard of!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don’t want to trade Ramsey, but we need to roll out a new team in 2023. A new vibe. Usually that means new pieces.

It’s not 2021 anymore… there is no going back.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think this will be my only original post on Jalen Ramsey (may respond to someone's comment).

Still think he is a top-corner when used properly but didn't like the way he was sometimes utilized

I consider Cornerback to be a weak position because, after Ramsey, there isn't anyone I think has proven to be good. Durant maybe ... but there are size and tackling limitations. Can only assume the coaches were unhappy with Robert Rochell. Why he did not play over pending free agent David Long late in the season was both disappointing and telling.

Regarding Ramsey's future with the Rams, I have not read anything about a short-term-extension that would provide cap-relief in 2023. That's also telling for me. The cap savings for trading or releasing Ramsey prior to June 1 are relatively small, with large Dead-$. A short-term extension would provide greater 2023 cap-relief. If the Rams believe Ramsey still has 2-3 top-tier-CB years remaining, that would seem to be the way-to-go.

Maybe it has been discussed, or is being discussed. However, most reports seem to be about a potential trade. There have been a few about a potential release. But nothing (that I have heard or read) about a potential short-term extension.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How about Rams keep Ramsey & trade Aaron Donald. Trade they guy that was no where to be found after the injury and keep the guy that played every down in a 5-12 year. BTW, the Rams defense with a few more adjustments can handle the loss of Donald, IMO, Ramsey might be more difficult to replace although IMO the reasons the Rams are exploring this option is either Ramsey is asking for his deal to be reworked or they are looking for the biggest return on a transaction.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
How about Rams keep Ramsey & trade Aaron Donald. Trade they guy that was no where to be found after the injury and keep the guy that played every down in a 5-12 year. BTW, the Rams defense with a few more adjustments can handle the loss of Donald, IMO, Ramsey might be more difficult to replace although IMO the reasons the Rams are exploring this option is either Ramsey is asking for his deal to be reworked or they are looking for the biggest return on a transaction.
Sorry I want to keep them both. Those are my guys.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
How about Rams keep Ramsey & trade Aaron Donald. Trade they guy that was no where to be found after the injury and keep the guy that played every down in a 5-12 year.
It's a reasonable comment; and I did wonder where Donald was over the final two months of the season.

On the other hand, when thinking about the Bengals' final possession in the Super Bowl, how about keeping the guy (Donald) that made huge plays on 3rd & 4th and one to secure a Lombardi Trophy; and trade the guy (Ramsey) who jumped a route on the first play of that drive where Chase picked-up about 20 yards.

Would prefer both remain Rams simply because I don't see either a big trade-return, or significant cap relief.

Psycho_X

Legend
Me too, but if they are looking to trade somebody, how about the guy that keeps talking retirement & his affinity for Pittsburgh.
Yeah, I don't want to trade AD for anything just to trade him but if he came to Rams and said "I can't be away from my family during the season anymore so my two choices are retire or play for Pittsburgh"... well then yeah I'm trying to get what I can for him from Steelers if they are willing to trade. But that's the only scenario I'd accept trading him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I almost feel like in Raheem’s scheme, we’d be better served with elite Safety’s rather than an elite corner.