Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I was ok with trading him so we could get assets for the future. A late third and a practice squad TE doesn't qualify..... I hope AT LEAST Miami is picking up the entire contract (if thats even possible) so we have more cap room to actually sign some live bodies on this team.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You know we're getting fleeced. Snead ALWAYS gets forever trading players.

We better be getting a nice as haul. And not some 2024 shit. I'm not gonna waste my few 2023 Fall Sundays watching a team punt to the 2024 season.
Geezus dude relax, please. Your defeatist vitriol is tiring. Fucks sake lol.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
They just fuckin gave him away for a 3rd and a backup TE?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Disgusting
The way this front office botches the cap & trades, its truly miraculous they won a Superbowl

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I'm officially done with Snead. My worries about Holmes being the brains just came to the light.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
There isn't any way for us to know but doing right by players wishes is probably costing us a fair bit of draft capital in the return.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I knew there would be a melt down once it happened. 3 is a little disappointing but we are out from under his overpaid ass and can load the secondary with some young legs. Onward and upwards.

Thanks for everything Jalen. We will always have Paris.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Rams will spin this as focus was getting Ramsey to where he wanted to be. And maybe that's true. But if it is, this is one of those "emotional" decisions that really screwed them over the last year and a half.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
WTF is Hunter Long???
... they could have tosssed my name in there, for all it matters!
I'm number 70.... Oh, nevermind, thats not the jersey# !!!! :laugh2::laugh1::laugh4::laugh4:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
A 3rd and a JAG sounds like low return. I wonder what the money exchange looks like.

I don’t love Ramsey so I’m cool. I can understand those who really hate this though.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

Seriously want to puke. Fucking Snead should have no authority to perform trades of any kind....

A freaking LATE 3rd round pick is the best he can DO?!?! and a TE that even Miami didn't use. So awful

Wow, wtf......Snead should be canned for this

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
The ROI is just terrible here.

Only positive I can think is that we look more attractive to some other FA's now.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Rams will spin this as focus was getting Ramsey to where he wanted to be. And maybe that's true. But if it is, this is one of those "emotional" decisions that really screwed them over the last year and a half.
Obviously disappointing. Either they did him a solid or he was demanding a new contract and or guarantees that team's were not thrilled about.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
In hindsight, what do you wish they would have done differently last off-season.

Serious Question.

I agree that their drafts have been a disappointment but what moves could have been made last off-season that would have put the Rams in a better position?
Many thought that Allen Robinson was washed even before he donned the Rams' horns. Even now, after watching him , I am still not sure what to think. With even an average o-line, perhaps Stafford would have had time to find him, and they could have developed chemistry. I am cautiously optimistic that ARob can be a weapon. But regardless, I would not have spent what the Rams did on him. Too much uncertainty to warrant that cap space.

When Miller spurned the Rams, many thought the Rams would go after Hassan Reddick, or some other "lesser" pass rush option. With the benefit of hindsight, that would have been wiser than pivoting to Robinson. And $1M cheaper over the same term but the Rams did the latter.

I would not have signed Noteboom to that contract, or Brian Allen. Both for injury reasons. Plenty of good offensive linemen were available last year. The Bengals acquired 2 or 3 of them. The Rams could have had both La'el Collins and Ted Karras for less than the price of Allen Robinson, again at the same term. Ouch. Every year, at both draft and free agency, I pound the table for OL. They are the heart of any offense and even if you sign elite ones, aside from LTs, you are spending way less than if you target even a non-elite WRs. No brainer IMO.

I would not have signed Wagner, but that actually was a very good signing in hindsight.

The drafts have been middling for a few seasons now. I would not have taken Tutu over Humphries. Or any number of other players.

No team hits on every move. I don't mean to pile on. The Rams have had some huge "hits" too, but those are drifting further and further into the rearview mirror now. "F them picks" has not hurt the Rams, so much as the inability to improve each off-season via the combination of the draft and free agency. Every year, teams are coming for you. You can't stagnate. Much less get worse.