Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Awful trade return. Ramsey is easily a top 5 CB.

It certainly looks like Brad Holmes was the brains of this operation. Just jook at the trajectory of the Rams vs. the Lions right now, as well as the trades, free agency signings, and draft selections of the two franchise since Holmes left. Night and day.

The Rams are clearly heading for the basement of the NFL this season. They are burning it to the ground, trading big assets for pennies of the dollar, and cutting talented players to save almost no cap dollars when waiting just 1 more season would see that reverse. It will be sold as a quick re-build. "We need the cap space". "We need the draft capital". "We need to re-tool". And in the NFL, franchises can certainly turn things around on a dime. But my fear is, once back in the basement, the Rams will prove completely incapable of climbing out of it, now that Brad Holmes is in Detroit.
It’s all about 2024/2025.

Memphis Ram

Legend
So, they traded him somewhere he wanted to go, got the #77 overall pick, and probably their starting TE looking at Higbee's cap number.

Lions got a 3rd & a 5th rounder from the Eagles when they traded Darious Slay a couple years back. Slay was 2 years older, but was on the final year of his contract.

I've got no problem with the deal.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Bucs seem to be the team with the strongest link to him, but a lot is going to happen in the next week.
My Bad! I think it was the Bucs that I heard was rumored to be signing Mayfield. Thanks for the correction!!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I knew there would be a melt down once it happened. 3 is a little disappointing but we are out from under his overpaid ass and can load the secondary with some young legs. Onward and upwards.

Thanks for everything Jalen. We will always have Paris.
Even you have to admit this is a terrible return. From what I understand we still take a huge cap hit this year, so we really are not out from under him, unless there is some other money aspect to this deal I’m not aware of.

A return this underwhelming is an extreme disappointment. I’d rather have kept him for one more season.

TexasRam

Legend
How fucking sad.

I get the argument for freeing cap
Space and retooling.

But Geez. We just got raped in terms of value.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
You were right, might be time to look for a new GM.
I never want to say "I told you so" but I've had this worry for a year now and it seems to become more and more evident.

I don't give a damn where his preferred destination is. This is about the RAMS not Ramsey.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Long was the #3 TE and none of the Dolphins TE stood out in 2022.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Rams fire sale at SoFi, ... I think I'll hurry over there and see if I can't get a deal on Kroenke's helicopter.