Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Disgusting
The way this front office botches the cap & trades, its truly miraculous they won a Superbowl
It really is. Thank goodness things fell their way last season. I'll take it tho...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew there would be a melt down once it happened. 3 is a little disappointing but we are out from under his overpaid ass and can load the secondary with some young legs. Onward and upwards.

Thanks for everything Jalen. We will always have Paris.
Young legs? You seen the d-backs the Rams have drafted lately? Good lord. Rams paid 20 mill in dead cap to replace him with a 3rd round pick. I get it that you have bias against the player but this is a tragically awful trade

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The Dolphins have guaranteed the last two years on his deal which were not previously guaranteed. I'd imagine the number of teams willing to do that was pretty small.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
WTF is Hunter Long???
... they could have tosssed my name in there, for all it matters!
I'm number 70.... Oh, nevermind, thats not the jersey# !!!! :laugh2::laugh1::laugh4::laugh4:

3 targets and 1 reception in two years. Apparently a stealth TE.

Liberator

Pro Bowler
I'm not a big college football watcher but I remember people liking Hunter Long out of the draft and tight ends do often take a while to get there.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
They better be paying his whole damn salary. That's the ONLY way I can see 1% of this justifying.

Marc Spector

Rookie
So what does this do to the cap?
Stolen from Kenneth Arthur on TsT, dont know how accurate it is:
"The Rams owe him his prorated bonus amounts for 2023, 2024, and 2025, which is added up each year. So that's $8.2 million in 2023, $8.2 in 2024, and $3.2 in 2025=$19.6 million in dead money for 2023, $11.4 million in 2024, and $3.2 million in 2025. It's money they've already paid him, but it's standard dead money spread out over the life of the contract. There should be about $5 million in open cap space for 2023, but $15.3 million in open cap space now for 2024."

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Can we at least give our new player the respect of his actual fucking name in the thread title?

Sheesh.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Initial reaction:
hell's kitchen GIF by Fox TV

After getting over initial shock, waiting for this moment:
season 5 jasper beardly GIF

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Awful trade return. Ramsey is easily a top 5 CB.

It certainly looks like Brad Holmes was the brains of this operation. Just jook at the trajectory of the Rams vs. the Lions right now, as well as the trades, free agency signings, and draft selections of the two franchise since Holmes left. Night and day.

The Rams are clearly heading for the basement of the NFL this season. They are burning it to the ground, trading big assets for pennies of the dollar, and cutting talented players to save almost no cap dollars when waiting just 1 more season would see that reverse. It will be sold as a quick re-build. "We need the cap space". "We need the draft capital". "We need to re-tool". And in the NFL, franchises can certainly turn things around on a dime. But my fear is, once back in the basement, the Rams will prove completely incapable of climbing out of it, now that Brad Holmes is in Detroit.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not at all I always come back to this guys point here. They aren't afraid to cut bait if they think they made a mistake. And they make mistakes I've taken a ton of shit in recent years for calling out some of those mistakes but the Rams move on from them better than anybody else.

View: https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1632740006283427841

They are admitting mistakes? Jourdan has said that offloading players like Ramsey was always a part of the plan.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I knew there would be a melt down once it happened. 3 is a little disappointing but we are out from under his overpaid ass and can load the secondary with some young legs. Onward and upwards.

Thanks for everything Jalen. We will always have Paris.
Ramsey is paid fairly for a top 5 CB, which is also a must-have position in today's NFL. The cap hell that the Rams are in is due to other moves. Not Jalen's contract.