Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Ngakoue would be cheaper than Burns and wouldn't cost them picks or players and is as good as a pass rusher.

A lot of what the Rams can or might do depends upon whether or not they trade Ramsey and the terms of the trade. IMO take a second and 3rd but the trade team takes the restructure guaranteed with Jalen. The cap clearance is more important than the picks. Snead can make moves with cap clearance.

I find it interesting that the teams that might be involved have never been named. Normally that involves players which also would account for why it's taking so long as both sides need to negotiate new contracts. Now Ramsey for Burns could make sense. Burns would be a lot cheaper but the Rams would need to workout an extension for him before the trade is finalized.

oldnotdead

Legend
Regarding Ramsey, Detroit and the Chargers make the most sense. The Chargers just cleared about $25M in cap space this past week. Detroit has the cap and picks. Get both of Detroit's second round picks and they pick up his restructured guaranteed money. Otherwise, take their second first round pick (18) and deal with the $19M dead cap as a post June 1 transaction. Holmes would be better off keeping both first round picks and giving up both 2nd round picks. Those two first round picks gets Holmes another edge and a RB or WR or ILB.

Staley needs a lockdown CB as his defense needs help in the secondary. Take their #21 and #125 picks.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Staley needs a lockdown CB as his defense needs help in the secondary. Take their #21 and #125 picks.

Isn't that why they made JC Jackson one of the highest paid CBs in the NFL? Are the Chargers really going to pay ~$35 mil a year for two CBs?

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I enjoy Jourdan's work as much as (almost) anyone, but this is a bit hyperbolic IMO. I tried listening to that 11 personnel podcast a couple of times, but her and the other host are reeeeaaallly hard for me to listen to. She is a far better writer than she is a speaker. I will try to get through last week's episode to see what you are talking about regarding the offense, building for 2024, etc though.

However, as good as Jourdan is, she is not privy to the vast majority of the FO dealings. Also, she uses the saying "both things can be true" waaaaay too much. :)
What I like about her is she puts the effort in. She cares about the end result and the quality of it. And her articles are definitely worth the read, though I don't really spend time reading media articles on my team because let's be honest here... You get more from fan boards, particularly with this fan base. We really do have a great fan base.

But also and btw she is starting to sound like one of us on the fan side of things. Bleeding with us. That's important for me. I don't care for media clowns who just pile on whatever direction shit's blowing. I like the ones who actually are on our side.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get both of Detroit's second round picks and they pick up his restructured guaranteed money
The only guaranteed money left is the 2023 salary which a team picks up when they trade for him. The dead cap monies resulting from a previous restructure cant be "picked up"

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I'm not ready to trade Van and ARob both. Unless she knows something else that we don't, no.
If (& only if) they are truly punting in 2023 and focusing on 2024, then I’d trade Van. It’s his last year and he’ll need a new deal. Get a 3rd for him and add another young, cheap piece for the future.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well, if TB signs him, I hope its to a huge starter level deal. Get us a 3rd in comp

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Ok, so Wagner and Floyd are gone. It appears Ramsey will be too. And Allen Robinson. Free agents are Corbett, Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Gay, and Scott. If they lose all those players this is not a retool or reset. Its a flat out rebuild. If they don't do something to improve the offensive line Stafford may be forced into retirement earlier than expected. Then we'll need a quarterback sooner than later.

Haden

Kurt Warner for President
Name
Dave
Starting to look like a serious rebuild. I really hate to see Jalen go

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
It's honestly a disaster from the outside looking in. We shall see.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Rebuild, re-tool, renovate, whatever. Nothing suggests they've given up. Nothing suggests a monumental task. As long as we have McVay, Stafford, Kupp and AD, we have a shot. Like I said before, we got to the SB without Ramsey, Floyd, Wagner, OBJ, Miller, Robinson, etc. We didn't win it but that was because McVay was schooled by Belichick. Not because we sucked. Another name for "off season" is over reaction season. Either way. OMG did you see who we signed? SUPERBOWL BABY!!! OMG, look at all the guys we lost!! We're gonna suck!!! That's why they play the games