Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Rams are quick to admit mistakes and move on.

You gotta deal with the here and now, and they are the best at it.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
How do we know the plans for 2024 will include McVay and Donald? I guess we don’t, but it would be nice to hear some commitment from them past this upcoming season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Except for Jamil Demby and Bobby Evans?!?
Yeah hard to argue that.

For me, Evans was durable (knew the playbook) and therefore useful in 2022 even if his play was below average most games.

But… glad they moved on because he never levelled up.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
What’s funny about ARob is that he was the most open receiver in the league last year? I forget how that metric went, but I recall him being open and just not being thrown to.

I honestly don’t know where the breakdown was

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What’s funny about ARob is that he was the most open receiver in the league last year? I forget how that metric went, but I recall him being open and just not being thrown to.

The Cooper Kupp effect?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

The breakdown was the line being and injured turnstile that afforded Stafford (before IR himself) no time so he threw to what he knew. Its pretty close to as simple as that IMO. Had he had more time, I think ARob would have been more involved.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The Cooper Kupp effect?

Maybe, but Stafford was locked in to Kupp and we didn’t see the kind of distribution we should have until Kupp went down. I mean we saw that Tutu is a solid WR and Skow is legit. I really wish Jacob Harris was healthy because he’s got the measurables to be an all-time great.

I think McVay would agree that it’s better to have 3x1000 yard receivers than to have one have a Kupp Triple Crown year and a bunch of jags.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Maybe, but Stafford was locked in to Kupp and we didn’t see the kind of distribution we should have until Kupp went down. I mean we saw that Tutu is a solid WR and Skow is legit. I really wish Jacob Harris was healthy because he’s got the measurables to be an all-time great.

I think McVay would agree that it’s better to have 3x1000 yard receivers than to have one have a Kupp Triple Crown year and a bunch of jags.
I would prefer to see Stafford spread the ball around more, for sure.

Stafford needs to be in tune, with the entire wr room.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ramsey needs to channel his anger by hiring a speed trainer and working his ass off this offseason. Not reloading RoD (and Twitter) and getting all butthurt about the opinions.

If I was his agent that would be the truth I'd be giving him. Now I'd probably be flipping fries in a food truck in the afternoon after he fires me, but still. He needs to hear that shit IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
When this news broke, I was 80% sure we were trading Ramsey. Now that’s come down for me to 50%. The chatter seems weak.

It sounds like Jourdan implied in the 11-Personnel PodCast that trading Ramsey was about acquiring more picks. So, maybe we go down to the wire and take the best deal, whatever that is?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

View: https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1634045231808106500?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

Rams have gotten calls from other teams about nine players​

Rams General Manager Les Snead referred to what his team is undergoing as a “remodel” rather than a “rebuild.” He mentioned quarterback Matthew Stafford, wide receiver Cooper Kupp and defensive tackle Aaron Donald as “pillars” and “weight-bearing walls.”

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey, wide receiver Allen Robinson and linebacker Leonard Floyd conspicuously were absent from Snead’s list. Snead was asked whether the Rams are seeking to trade the three players.

“I’m going to keep the specifics of those in-house because time will tell,” Snead said. “I know we’ve communicated with a lot of our players, those included. We’re trying to assess situations, figure out how to get under the cap, what’s the best way to do that. In this year, it’s been interesting with those players. It’s based on probably the dynamics of the league.

“We’ve had calls on a lot of our players, probably other places trying to figure out what are we doing big picture and things like that. It’s been a busy offseason discussing players. The nice thing is other teams would like to have a lot of our players, but at this point we don’t want to give away all of our good players.”

Snead said the Rams have “probably taken calls on nine players” this offseason. He would not say whether Stafford was one of the nine, but he surely was.

“Y’all can figure out the rumors of them,” Snead said. “Usually it’s some of your better players. I can say every now and then you get a surprise and someone might be interested in one of your younger players. I always give the example, in the past, [offensive tackle] Joe Noteboom was always one. We got calls on him every year based on him being our third tackle and other teams thought he could be their starting tackle. So I’ve given that example in the past. But I’ll keep the sensitivity of the specifics in-house until we get to next week and see how all this plays out.”

The Rams are $16 million over the 2023 salary cap before the release of linebacker Bobby Wagner, which will save them $5 million.

Tano

Legend
Yeah hard to argue that.

For me, Evans was durable (knew the playbook) and therefore useful in 2022 even if his play was below average most games.

But… glad they moved on because he never levelled up.
That good sir was a huge understatement

I would change it to Beyond Pathetic

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

View: https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1634045231808106500?s=61&t=lgp1gRmUcyNSF5v7CIHwMg

Rams have gotten calls from other teams about nine players​

Rams General Manager Les Snead referred to what his team is undergoing as a “remodel” rather than a “rebuild.” He mentioned quarterback Matthew Stafford, wide receiver Cooper Kupp and defensive tackle Aaron Donald as “pillars” and “weight-bearing walls.”

Cornerback Jalen Ramsey, wide receiver Allen Robinson and linebacker Leonard Floyd conspicuously were absent from Snead’s list. Snead was asked whether the Rams are seeking to trade the three players.

“I’m going to keep the specifics of those in-house because time will tell,” Snead said. “I know we’ve communicated with a lot of our players, those included. We’re trying to assess situations, figure out how to get under the cap, what’s the best way to do that. In this year, it’s been interesting with those players. It’s based on probably the dynamics of the league.

“We’ve had calls on a lot of our players, probably other places trying to figure out what are we doing big picture and things like that. It’s been a busy offseason discussing players. The nice thing is other teams would like to have a lot of our players, but at this point we don’t want to give away all of our good players.”

Snead said the Rams have “probably taken calls on nine players” this offseason. He would not say whether Stafford was one of the nine, but he surely was.

“Y’all can figure out the rumors of them,” Snead said. “Usually it’s some of your better players. I can say every now and then you get a surprise and someone might be interested in one of your younger players. I always give the example, in the past, [offensive tackle] Joe Noteboom was always one. We got calls on him every year based on him being our third tackle and other teams thought he could be their starting tackle. So I’ve given that example in the past. But I’ll keep the sensitivity of the specifics in-house until we get to next week and see how all this plays out.”

The Rams are $16 million over the 2023 salary cap before the release of linebacker Bobby Wagner, which will save them $5 million.

Depends if they designate Wagner as a June 1st cut...then he saves 8M

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It’s actually 10 players they’ve received calls about. I just called and inquired about Austin Trammell.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
McVay speaking today...was wondering if a big move is made, would it be announced before his call so he could speak on it?