Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wondering how much of this is speculation? getting closer

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams get two second round picks, but more importantly cap relief, enough so they won't have to be post June 1 designations. More importantly the Rams gain about $19M in cap relief.
Trading Ramsey saves 5.6 mill, Floyd 3 mill. Its a far cry from the 19 mill you suggested.
And btw, the early June 1 designation is only for players released

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trading Ramsey saves 5.6 mill, Floyd 3 mill. Its a far cry from the 19 mill you suggested.
He's sung that wrong toon many times in the last week or so

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If they go the trade route then they release a few others with post June 1st designations.

And more importantly they can restructure Kupp, pushing cap $$ to 24' since they opened up a lot of 24' space with those two moves.

So those trades do help this yr. It just might not be as clear as they initially appear.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
My gut is telling me that Ramsey won’t be traded.

(If I was a blogger with a few thousand Twitter followers, this would be a “report” repeated by fans on message boards everywhere!)

If the plan is to use our resources to bolster the offense and go young on defense, we’ll be glad to have AD and Ramsey to anchor things at the front and back ends.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wow. 1 team in history had a great QB, a great HC/ DC and cheated for twenty years bucking the odds? I guess the realistic expectation is the Rams can do that too?

But what about NE? Won it 3 of 4 years, went 9 years without winning it again, then 3 in 5 years and nothing the last 4. So two clusters of supreme success. My bet is their run is over.

You want to expect/dream/hope that can be replicated by anybody, particularly the Rams, have at it i'll take the realistic approach and be happy with being in the hunt most years.
Hey, McVay said he admires them and wants to emulate some of what they do.

And it’s not just one organization there are other examples: Pittsburgh has been above 500 every year since Tomlinson got there, KC has been good with Reid, GB through two different QBs and coaching staffs, even the 9ers and hags have had longer runs than the Rams over the last 3 decades. Winning consistently shouldn’t be an albatross that happens for 2 or 3 years followed by a decade of rebuilding.

WestCoastRam

Legend
If they go the trade route then they release a few others with post June 1st designations.

And more importantly they can restructure Kupp, pushing cap $$ to 24' since they opened up a lot of 24' space with those two moves.

So those trades do help this yr. It just might not be as clear as they initially appear.
Jourdan said on the pod that Rams moves this year are to field a competitive team this year and push for a SB in 24 one last time with remaining core and all that cap room.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Jourdan said on the pod that Rams moves this year are to field a competitive team this year and push for a SB in 24 one last time with remaining core and all that cap room.
So sounds like we'll keep Ramsey....seems like McVay doesn't agree with Ramsey falling off at CB

PARAM

Hall of Fame

And it’s not just one organization there are other examples: Pittsburgh has been above 500 every year since Tomlinson got there, KC has been good with Reid, GB through two different QBs and coaching staffs, even the 9ers and hags have had longer runs than the Rams over the last 3 decades. Winning consistently shouldn’t be an albatross that happens for 2 or 3 years followed by a decade of rebuilding.
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. We have been winning. 60 wins the last 6 years, 7 wins in the postseason, with two injury filled years. That, my friend, is the epitomy of success.

Pittsburgh hasn't had a losing season under Tomlin. But he's missed the playoffs 6 times in 16 years. And hasn't won the SB in 15 years. That's a worse percentage than McVay.

Kansas City has been great under Reid. Playoffs every year except one. But before Mahomes came along how good was Reid? Playoffs 4 years out of five and a 1-4 postseason record.

How's Belichick done without Brady?

And then we have teams like Green Bay. 2 phenominal QBs from 1992-2023. Winning yes. Playoffs yes. Superbowls? 4 (2-2), the last one a dozen years ago!!

You're gonna talk shit about the niners? WTF have they won since the cap took full affect and Carmen Policy couldn't find the loopholes anymore?
The Hags have won 1 fucking Superbowl. 10 years ago. ONE!

I guess the question is, do you want to win consistently or do you want to win Superbowls? You might be happy with 15 years of Mike Tomlin or HOF QBs with 1 SB each in Green Bay over more than 25 years. Or living in the 80's like niner fans. I like winning but I like Superbowls more.

The Rams have won 2 since 1999. How many teams have won more in the last 24 years? Let me know when we get into that 12 year drought again, okay?

Last edited:

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Well this year may be ground zero of Snead proving he can switch gears and be a GM who builds a roster primarily off the draft. And part of that will involve taping McVay to a chair or something I am sure, but it's about to get interesting. :laugh2:

WestCoastRam

Legend
So sounds like we'll keep Ramsey....seems like McVay doesn't agree with Ramsey falling off at CB
I would really encourage you to listen to the podcast before you make a seriously random conclusion. Trading Ramsey is absolutely on the table to make a run at 2024 happen, per the podcast. And before you go off half-cocked, no one is saying it's certain to happen.

Maybe you're just anxious about losing Ramsey?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I would really encourage you to listen to the podcast before you make a seriously random conclusion. Trading Ramsey is absolutely on the table to make a run at 2024 happen, per the podcast. And before you go off half-cocked, no one is saying it's certain to happen.

Maybe you're just anxious about losing Ramsey?
I will do my best to listen to the podcast so thanks for that recommendation.....I'm just assuming they aren't really trading Ramsey yet because of the high, but understandable asking price since the Rams obviously see him as a great CB and stated so because they are people who think he's fallen off when these actions seem to indicate otherwise....now about going off half cocked? Lol....wow u really think that's what I'm doing. Bro, chill, I'm simply discussing stuff. I'm not anxious about anything at all cuz ultimately I'm just a huge fan that has no influence whatsoever on what the Rams decide to do. If you read any of my stuff, I've stated multiple times, I'm at the I'll believe what happens when it does happen stage because everything is pure speculation at this point including trading Ramsey or not. You seem to be bothered from some of my responses, which I find odd, but if I can clarify anything, I honestly don't mind. I don't always deep dive in explaining every comment I make cuz then I end up typing a long ass response like I just did :laugh1:

WestCoastRam

Legend
I will do my best to listen to the podcast so thanks for that recommendation.....I'm just assuming they aren't really trading Ramsey yet because of the high, but understandable asking price since the Rams obviously see him as a great CB and stated so because they are people who think he's fallen off when these actions seem to indicate otherwise....now about going off half cocked? Lol....wow u really think that's what I'm doing. Bro, chill, I'm simply discussing stuff. I'm not anxious about anything at all cuz ultimately I'm just a huge fan that has no influence whatsoever on what the Rams decide to do. If you read any of my stuff, I've stated multiple times, I'm at the I'll believe what happens when it does happen stage because everything is pure speculation at this point including trading Ramsey or not. You seem to be bothered from some of my responses, which I find odd, but if I can clarify anything, I honestly don't mind. I don't always deep dive in explaining every comment I make cuz then I end up typing a long ass response like I just did :laugh1:

That's a fair response. It's all assumptions till it happens. I'll just take the odds on some more than others!

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Oh I agree wholeheartedly. We have been winning. 60 wins the last 6 years, 7 wins in the postseason, with two injury filled years. That, my friend, is the epitomy of success.

Pittsburgh hasn't had a losing season under Tomlin. But he's missed the playoffs 6 times in 16 years. And hasn't won the SB in 15 years. That's a worse percentage than McVay.

Kansas City has been great under Reid. Playoffs every year except one. But before Mahomes came along how good was Reid? Playoffs 4 years out of five and a 1-4 postseason record.

How's Belichick done without Brady?

And then we have teams like Green Bay. 2 phenominal QBs from 1992-2023. Winning yes. Playoffs yes. Superbowls? 4 (2-2), the last one a dozen years ago!!

You're gonna talk shit about the niners? WTF have they won since the cap took full affect and Carmen Policy couldn't find the loopholes anymore?
The Hags have won 1 fucking Superbowl. 10 years ago. ONE!

I guess the question is, do you want to win consistently or do you want to win Superbowls? You might be happy with 15 years of Mike Tomlin or HOF QBs with 1 SB each in Green Bay over more than 25 years. Or living in the 80's like niner fans. I like winning but I like Superbowls more.

The Rams have won 2 since 1999. How many teams have won more in the last 24 years? Let me know when we get into that 12 year drought again, okay?
When the Rams beat the 9er 20 in a row and I can throw that in the face of all my relatives and friends who root for the bums. And there is no longer a home field advantage for them in LA. And when we don’t see them with some scrub at QB looking like Joe Montana. Then, I won’t have to think about that organization being better than the Rams.

I like winning the Super Bowl as much as anyone but the Rams hams to make the playoffs to have a chance. Last year was a disaster and with them dumping payroll 2: doesn’t look very promising. If we lose Stafford, AD and Ramsey before 24 they will be on their way to mediocrity and possibly a new head coach and front office.

I’m done with them developing coaches for other teams. Fuck that I don’t care what the lame ass rules are. They need to hire a core that will commit to being in their positions for 5 years. Fuck McVay’s tree.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well this year may be ground zero of Snead proving he can switch gears and be a GM who builds a roster primarily off the draft. And part of that will involve taping McVay to a chair or something I am sure, but it's about to get interesting. :laugh2:
Really hope last year was an aberration but, it isn’t looking good for 23 and who knows after that. Maybe by the time we get to the draft prospects will be looking better.