Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Electronic Ramsdom right now... :laugh2:

EachUnimportantBaldeagle-size_restricted.gif

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Man, last off-season was such a massive failure.

Brian Allen and and Noteboom extended. Looks bad now, kind of did then. And proceeded to minimally invest in more OL.

Bobby Wagner signed, and now cut.

Allen Robinson signed, and now given permission to seek trade.

Lost on Von, and then other EDGE because of all there eggs in the Von Miller basket. Proceeded to do NOTHING to fill the void left by Von.

Jalen Ramsey likely being traded.

HATE how this organization has been handling shit lately.

Doesn't even include the Cam Akers situation.
I don’t remember a lot of complaints about these moves last offseason…
superhero pointing GIF by South Park

WestCoastRam

Legend
So EVERY single topic in this thread was addressed in the latest 11 Personnel podcast. Some people will probably be pissed. Some relieved to know.

Baby... it's all about offense and 2024.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So EVERY single topic in this thread was addressed in the latest 11 Personnel podcast. Some people will probably be pissed. Some relieved to know.

Man I don't believe shit from the media. I feel like a crap load of possibilities have been laid out just so they can be like see I was right yet NOTHING has happened. I'll wait till they report something that has actually happened before reacting.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Man I don't believe shit from the media. I feel like a crap load of possibilities have been laid out just so they can be like see I was right yet NOTHING has happened. I'll wait till they report something that has actually happened before reacting.

If you don't believe Jourdan's reporting, I don't know what to tell you. But, I do have some swampland in Florida I'd like to discuss with you...

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why do so many fans worry about 2024? As far as the cap goes, if releasing guys now gives us a better cap, that's gotta be a consideration. As far as worrying how long Stafford, Kupp, AD and others are going to play, that's life. We have to win in 2023 because so-in-so or somebody else may retire? No. We have to insure we aren't forced into 5 or 6 years of shit because we didn't cut our losses with some and / or went all-in (I hate that expression) for the sake of our older players. AD got his ring, we had a shit season a year later and so far.....he's still playing! Stafford got a ring, then had his bell rung a couple times in a shit year and so far.....he's still playing. Kupp and others. Nobody knows......either way......how long they'll play. So why guess?

Since the Superbowl was born, there are only 10 teams who've won more times than the Rams. So we're #11 out of 32. 16 teams have been to the SB less than the Rams. Some have never been and many haven't won as many times as the Rams. We've done pretty well the last 57 years despite stints from Zymunt and Brooks, Linehan and Spagnuolo, Fisher and Prothro. So now, with perhaps arguably, the best HC in Rams history, we're worried shit is gonna go downhill? And even if it does, as it has so many times before, we'll recover. If it doesn't even better.

You can't be "the shit" every year. It's what keeps interest in the NFL so high.
Pats disagree, how long was their run?

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Detroit is the logical landing place for both Ramsey and Floyd. If Holmes agrees to give the Rams both of Detroit's second round picks and to assume the restructure guaranteed money for both players they would get a pass rusher to play opposite Hutchinson and much needed help in their secondary.

The Rams get two second round picks, but more importantly cap relief, enough so they won't have to be post June 1 designations. More importantly the Rams gain about $19M in cap relief. Paired with Wagner and that would be over $24M in cap clearance, erasing their deficit cap and giving them $10M clearance.

Detroit would then be a legit playoff contender. They have the cap space and the need. With 3 second round picks 36, 48 and 55 they would own the second round and fill all their needs on the second day. Or they could move into the first round as well. Trading 36 and 48 gets them into the middle of the first round and they would still have a second round pick.

dang

Legend

So we better see massive attention to our abysmal OL this year as it will take 2 years. I’m ok with a 2 year retool focused on offense. The Rams 2022 offense was bottom of the barrel and had to eat at McVay.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If you don't believe Jourdan's reporting, I don't know what to tell you. But, I do have some swampland in Florida I'd like to discuss with you...
I'm not blasting Jourdan specifically at all but I'm saying all the BS media coverage in general. There's been so much of this is going to happen but once again, tell me what has actually come to fruition. Basically I'm saying the news cycle is just oversaturated with crap. We were for sure trading Ramsey but now it's reported as not sure. This is exactly why I say the media is full of shit. The constant inaccuracies are there for click bait.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
IMO Detroit is the logical landing place for both Ramsey and Floyd. If Holmes agrees to give the Rams both of Detroit's second round picks and to assume the restructure guaranteed money for both players they would get a pass rusher to play opposite Hutchinson and much needed help in their secondary.

The Rams get two second round picks, but more importantly cap relief, enough so they won't have to be post June 1 designations. More importantly the Rams gain about $19M in cap relief. Paired with Wagner and that would be over $24M in cap clearance, erasing their deficit cap and giving them $10M clearance.

Detroit would then be a legit playoff contender. They have the cap space and the need. With 3 second round picks 36, 48 and 55 they would own the second round and fill all their needs on the second day. Or they could move into the first round as well. Trading 36 and 48 gets them into the middle of the first round and they would still have a second round pick.

Not a bad trade idea, although I'd want Detroit's #18 and #55 for both Ramsey & Floyd, anything less would be a complete capitulation. Detroit would instantly become a divisional leader and play-off competitor. And this still leaves Detroit with their higher round 1'st (#6) and 2'nd (#48).
jmo.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Pats disagree, how long was their run?
Wow. 1 team in history had a great QB, a great HC/ DC and cheated for twenty years bucking the odds? I guess the realistic expectation is the Rams can do that too?

But what about NE? Won it 3 of 4 years, went 9 years without winning it again, then 3 in 5 years and nothing the last 4. So two clusters of supreme success. My bet is their run is over.

You want to expect/dream/hope that can be replicated by anybody, particularly the Rams, have at it i'll take the realistic approach and be happy with being in the hunt most years.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not a bad trade idea, although I'd want Detroit's #18 and #55 for both Ramsey & Floyd, anything less would be a complete capitulation. Detroit would instantly become a divisional leader and play-off competitor. And this still leaves Detroit with their higher round 1'st (#6) and 2'nd (#48).
jmo.
Ditto. Has to contain a 1st round pick IMO.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
You're example is a screenshot that's cut off... I don't know what to do with that.
So basically the screenshot says Henry isn't available for trade when it was widely reported earlier that he was. That's why I keep saying the media just throws BS out there hoping something sticks. Should have included that screenshot as well about Titans looking to trade Henry but I thought that was common knowledge since there was even a thread about it here.

WestCoastRam

Legend
So basically the screenshot says Henry isn't available for trade when it was widely reported earlier that he was. That's why I keep saying the media just throws BS out there hoping something sticks. Should have included that screenshot as well about Titans looking to trade Henry but I thought that was common knowledge since there was even a thread about it here.

Why not just link to the article? Was it "widely" reported? I just looked on the internet for a second and it seems Michael Silver was the only one reporting, maybe others repeated it, but that's not reporting per se.

I guess my point is, you're welcome to your opinion on "media" and what's getting reported. I will reassert my point a bit more emphatically: I believe through past accuracy and known character traits that Jourdan's reporting is nigh unimpeachable. And this last 11 Personnel podcast laid out in excruciating detail a lot of what happened last year and what they're trying to do this year and for 2024. But you certainly don't have to trust her expertise.

Last edited: