Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
It’s a weird situation. I understand reloading and trying to get younger. But this seems like we’re passing on having thre best roster for 2023 with hopes for 2024+. That’s fine but it does not mesh with a team that has Stafford, AD and Kupp. The former two may not even play after 2023. Not to mention McVay.
It seems to me either you keep trying to go all in to win in 2023 with AD, Stafford, McVay, etc.; or
You trade everything to tear it down and rebuild.

Like you can’t do In between when you have such uncertainty about Stafford, AD and McVay for 2024+.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Not at all I always come back to this guys point here. They aren't afraid to cut bait if they think they made a mistake. And they make mistakes I've taken a ton of shit in recent years for calling out some of those mistakes but the Rams move on from them better than anybody else.

View: https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1632740006283427841

They should probably cut back on those mistakes. I still don't think I'd trade Arob. Van isn't a #2, and then you'd have Van, Tutu and a few JAGs. Not going to get back the talent you're trading.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They should probably cut back on those mistakes. I still don't think I'd trade Arob. Van isn't a #2, and then you'd have Van, Tutu and a few JAGs. Not going to get back the talent you're trading.
I was told around here we should resign Bobby Trees that he would be our #2. I think the boat has sailed on that but again the focus is on '24 not this coming season. If we go into the year with Van and Tutu as our options behind Kupp maybe another draft pick they might just be fine with that. 2024 is the target and possibly trading up for a certain USC QB.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How much do they save in 2024 when AD retires after this season?
There's so much shit in his contract tbh it's hard to get a read on it and depends on if the Rams get him to pay back his 2024 portion of the signing bonus.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I think they are going to go for younger impact players via Free Agency draft and trades. They will back load contracts because of the youth and Kupp AD Stafford aging and or retiring etc. So they will implement a foundation of young Free agents at key positions back load as contracts fall off and this year's cuts fall off next year AD retiring Stafford restructuring etc. If that's the route which I suspect it is it's pretty brilliant and would fit the remodel plans while still having core 3 in place. That's how I'm seeing it while I can't lie I am panicking I have to believe they know the fan base is weak and still needs to grow and a rebuilding setback would hurt this franchise.

That's where remodeling comes in and cap goes up unloading Floyd's Ramsey's and others will open up some cap this year and for the future so you can spread youth fa or trade signings over the next few years. It's basically the same philosophy but a reboot with new characters. I need to believe that but also strongly to believe it. Makes sense.

Especially how they operate. There just won't be von miller signings or Wagner etc. They will target youth by any means necessary as per usual and spread the money's especially as cap increases and these dead caps fall off and or retire/restructure.

Again it's kind of brilliant if you nail the right group and with mcvay being a great leader of men and creating that type of environment I see no reason to doubt........yet lol

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I was told around here we should resign Bobby Trees that he would be our #2. I think the boat has sailed on that but again the focus is on '24 not this coming season. If we go into the year with Van and Tutu as our options behind Kupp maybe another draft pick they might just be fine with that. 2024 is the target and possibly trading up for a certain USC QB.
I'm not on the Woods bandwagon anymore, I'm with you.

I'd rather keep Arob than being Woods in.

I also hate the idea of going all in to possibly trade up for a certain QB.

All I can do is try and get out of my pessimistic mood and find myself trusting them again.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

All I can do is try and get out of my pessimistic mood and find myself trusting them again.
I have my Arsenal to root for this year in a title push so a down year from the Rams would be a bit more tolerable with that in mind.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Man, last off-season was such a massive failure.

Brian Allen and and Noteboom extended. Looks bad now, kind of did then. And proceeded to minimally invest in more OL.

Bobby Wagner signed, and now cut.

Allen Robinson signed, and now given permission to seek trade.

Lost on Von, and then other EDGE because of all there eggs in the Von Miller basket. Proceeded to do NOTHING to fill the void left by Von.

Jalen Ramsey likely being traded.

HATE how this organization has been handling shit lately.

Doesn't even include the Cam Akers situation.
Totally agree. Hard to even reach for the rose colored glasses these days. I mean, if this is ADs swan song, we are setting him up for a stinker of a season. Assuming we lose Floyd, Ramsey and Robinson, how the F will this team compete in 2023? I mean, I get why they would make those moves, as it makes the money look a lot better in 2024, but will AD (or for that matter McVay and Stafford) even still be here then?

Last edited:

Tano

Legend

Suck for Caleb I guess

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I think they will trade ARob and either in that trade of following the trade, send Houston some picks for Cooks. It was clear we had interest in him last year. I'd say he's better then ARob, but definitely a different player type and not hugely better.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think they will trade ARob and either in that trade of following the trade, send Houston some picks for Cooks. It was clear we had interest in him last year. I'd say he's better then ARob, but definitely a different player type and not hugely better.
Get rid of a high priced WR and trade for another?

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Yeah actually I forgot about Cooks contract. Wonder how much of it would be gone once trade. It looks to me like 13 m after trade. Your right, thats too rich.

jjab360

Legend
I don't think I've ever seen a team trade for a player after it's leaked that they're going to be released if they're not traded.

I bet this is information that agents leak so their clients have control over where they end up.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah actually I forgot about Cooks contract. Wonder how much of it would be gone once trade. It looks to me like 13 m after trade. Your right, thats too rich.
I think Cooks will get released, they already tried to trade him and no takers

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't think I've ever seen a team trade for a player after it's leaked that they're going to be released if they're not traded.

I bet this is information that agents leak so their clients have control over where they end up.
The Rams always try to work things out with their players. A very translucent team.
Ramsey is keeping things in house,so respects.Don’t know if you saw that The Rams are talking to different trade partners. If you think he is going to be released you’re kidding yourself. At least until after June & that AIN’T happening.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Why do so many fans worry about 2024? As far as the cap goes, if releasing guys now gives us a better cap, that's gotta be a consideration. As far as worrying how long Stafford, Kupp, AD and others are going to play, that's life. We have to win in 2023 because so-in-so or somebody else may retire? No. We have to insure we aren't forced into 5 or 6 years of shit because we didn't cut our losses with some and / or went all-in (I hate that expression) for the sake of our older players. AD got his ring, we had a shit season a year later and so far.....he's still playing! Stafford got a ring, then had his bell rung a couple times in a shit year and so far.....he's still playing. Kupp and others. Nobody knows......either way......how long they'll play. So why guess?

Since the Superbowl was born, there are only 10 teams who've won more times than the Rams. So we're #11 out of 32. 16 teams have been to the SB less than the Rams. Some have never been and many haven't won as many times as the Rams. We've done pretty well the last 57 years despite stints from Zymunt and Brooks, Linehan and Spagnuolo, Fisher and Prothro. So now, with perhaps arguably, the best HC in Rams history, we're worried shit is gonna go downhill? And even if it does, as it has so many times before, we'll recover. If it doesn't even better.

You can't be "the shit" every year. It's what keeps interest in the NFL so high.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I would refrain from calling this a rebuild without seeing what kinda relief we get from these trades/releases, draft picks we obtain, and what FAs we sign. Snead using the word remodel tells me they have a move or 2 they want to make that we didn't see coming (good ones that is hahaha)
In Snead speak “remodel” means “rebuild.” And even if it didn’t, it’s still where the Rams are actually at. Imo it also is very, very unlikely to result in a contending team this year. But we’ll see what happens.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
In Snead speak “remodel” means “rebuild.” And even if it didn’t, it’s still where the Rams are actually at. Imo it also is very, very unlikely to result in a contending team this year. But we’ll see what happens.
Not sure on that one as we haven't seen anything happen yet and have no idea what moves they'll make. If they trade everyone and don't do much in FA, then yes, it's a rebuild but it's not that until it actually happens.