Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I would refrain from calling this a rebuild without seeing what kinda relief we get from these trades/releases, draft picks we obtain, and what FAs we sign. Snead using the word remodel tells me they have a move or 2 they want to make that we didn't see coming (good ones that is hahaha)

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Yeah rebuild doesn’t seem right. I feel like there is zero chance McVay would’ve stuck around for a rebuild.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I would refrain from calling this a rebuild without seeing what kinda relief we get from these trades/releases, draft picks we obtain, and what FAs we sign. Snead using the word remodel tells me they have a move or 2 they want to make that we didn't see coming (good ones that is hahaha)
Considering we tested Marcus Peters for Kenny Young and a ham sandwich. I'd expect nothing much.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Considering we tested Marcus Peters for Kenny Young and a ham sandwich. I'd expect nothing much.
Man that memory hurts, but I hear you. I'm still going to hold out hope that the desperation of needing to make deals makes Snead get a better bargain. We got to do good in trades one of these off-seasons right?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Man that memory hurts, but I hear you. I'm still going to hold out hope that the desperation of needing to make deals makes Snead get a better bargain. We got to do good in trades one of these off-seasons right?
It's easier to get a good return when you're not desperate. But other teams are watching and know the situation we're in. Have to move players to get under the cap. That's when you're the most vulnerable.

Look at the Cowboys when they traded Amado Cooper. Only got a 6th for a Top 15 (arguably) WR who had a couple great years.

Ellard80

Legend
I think sadly they realized after last year that the mix of veteran players we had together was not good enough and that a lot of big changes needed to be made.

I just hope its based on concise details and not just a knee jerk reaction to last years failures.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
It's easier to get a good return when you're not desperate. But other teams are watching and know the situation we're in. Have to move players to get under the cap. That's when you're the most vulnerable.

Look at the Cowboys when they traded Amado Cooper. Only got a 6th for a Top 15 (arguably) WR who had a couple great years.
Yeah true that, but I'm not expecting much for Allen Robinson, however we should get something for Floyd since he can actually still play.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams 2023 offseason so far...

wheels coming GIF by FirstAndMonday

:D

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Releasing Floyd would be extremely dumb. 3 mil savings and 19 mil in dead money. Not a viable ratio. Plus the guy is a good player at a position which we have a huge need for more help. Make it even worse? Would be dumb.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly though , if Leonard Floyd gets turned into Khalil Mack or Marcus davenport and Allen Robinson gets turned into Odell Beckham Jr, then I'd be very happy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Isn't the 2024 CAP supposed to go up big time due to the new TV contract?

I don't follow it too closely so I am not sure what is happening with future year's CAP numbers.
No more than it went up this year because of the new contract. Even if it does it's likely still about '24

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What sucks is I don't give a shit about 2024 (I mean I do) but I hate having to watch a potentially disappointing season in HOPES of a good next season.
We've all known a scenario like this was very possible due to our roster/draft strategies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor