Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, I think what has been stated is that he is a guy that, due to his physical style of play, that he could play another 5 yrs at a high level. And maybe the last 2 or 3 of those yrs could be moving him to FS.

In other words unlike some top CBs, who may have lost a step as they get older or if they get injured, that he is the type of player that could move to FS and still be an impact player.
That may be what you're saying but that's not the only thing being said.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
After Tutu and Van do you really want us to continue blowing 2nd round picks into WR? Van, Tutu, and ARob all are pedestrian and none are good enough to be our WR2, I agree. One philosophy is to continue drafting them until we find one. But we're in a tough spot with a lot of holes. We need OL, we need RB, we need WR. Thats all on offense, not to mention the glaring holes we have on D.

With the talent we have it's tough to see this team being a championship contender next year if I'm being honest. Too many needs.
Blunt if not brutal but imo exactly correct. Too many holes, and easier to offload serious talent than to acquire it.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I’ve seen enough of Jefferson to state very strongly he is not a legit WR2. WR2 has to complement WR1 in skill and scheme. Jefferson is a decent WR3 who uses his speed/good hands on occasion to take the top of the defense (vs being a full complement to Kupp).
Absolutely agree Jefferson for where he was drafted is imo a bust.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jalen spelled backwards is Nelaj, which suggests that the Cover 2 defense is smarter than the average bear named Yogi because that’s why the lady is a tramp.
Fair enough-
I guess we’ll see what happens.
Seems like this thread has a lot of Fantasy in it. Like Les Snead talks about the days before the draft.
I’ve been a draftnik for years as well as a Rams Fan.I can guess with the best of them,but right now we’ll all be surprised on some of the moves The Rams will make.
The one thing that stays consistent is the way The Rams move on from players & clear CAP Space.The coaching staff gets adjusted as well(poached)

Basically The Haters will keep hating on Raheem Morris as a Rams,or eventually come to the realization he is a good coach.
—Jalen Ramsey is GONE no matter how you want to SPELL his name.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree

View: https://247sports.com/Player/Van-Jefferson-33068/

Does ROD think that utilizing a #2 Draft selection for a WR#3 is a good investment?:bueller:
View attachment 59015

Well if you’re asking me my answer comes down to the way I would have drafted or made deals.Players FA The Rams have signed.
—We can go way back,but under Mcvay(& Snead together) The Rams signed Andrew Whitworth.
I’ll start there between us in that time.(Weed Dealing) Robinson was on The Rams still along with Jamon Brown.
—Aaron Kromer was the O’Line coach & The Rams needed a Center. Eventually The Rams finally settled with John Sullivan(1 year deal).

—Sort of always upset me The Rams wasted a pick on Brian Allen. Their website has him like a Center Fold showing him at the combine.
— I was always a John Sullivan Fan because of what he meant to The Rams.
-Austin Blythe as well because in 2017 he showed he was a solid SWING (perfect) C/G.
—POINT BEING CAP & ALLEN forced John Sullivan out of The NFL!! He had a 2 year contract & The Rams didn’t HONOR IT!!
—Ask Andrew Whitworth his thoughts as a teammate & what happened in 2019.( Jalen’s 1st year).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agree

View: https://247sports.com/Player/Van-Jefferson-33068/

Does ROD think that utilizing a #2 Draft selection for a WR#3 is a good investment?:bueller:
View attachment 59015

— Bonyfay then there was a guy named BOBBY TREES by Copper Kupp. The relationship to me should be a Brian Song type of friendship. Would be GREAT to have Robert Woods back.

—IMO he came in & changed the WHOLE core of The Rams WR group.Fresh start from DUMB & DUMBERER !

2017 was The Best Draft The Rams have had maybe EVER as well. Add best Draft EVER & Best Draft PICK(s) (Andrew Whitworth (trees) ). You now have a CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM CORE (Spags). FINALLY!!

I would have drafted Cooks(Vikings),Kupp,& Kittle.
The Rams traded back instead
& drafted Gerald Everett & John Johnson instead with the pick.

You brings up WR 2(3). The Rams drafted Cooper Kupp(2nd) early 3rd Rd.
Then comes DAY 3 George Kittle was still on The Board.I don’t know what my thoughts were at the time though? I know I wanted George Kittle though.
—wondering about a trade back?? Maybe a(best) OT?
Once The draft started Josh Reynolds a 6’3 WR from Texas A&M was there. I liked the pick,but Kittle was in striking zone. Then Kittle was still there once again & Sampson Ebukham another Eastern Washington guy was The Rams pick.

Talk about Depth - Gurley was in his 3rd season only.
Cooks & Gurley
Higbee & Georger Kittle
Woods & Kupp
—To think The Rams had Tru Johnson as a SECOND YEAR FRANCHISE player at CORNERBACK!! Highest Paid(3rd) CB in The NFL!! Thanks Jalen(Peters & Talib)
—We can play this game. I have another week then it’s ALL RAM KOOl-AIDE 2023 & who The Rams need in the draft after figuring out where The Rams are at after the dust settles.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Watch for the Los Angeles Rams to potentially unload multiple players, not just cornerback Jalen Ramsey. Receiver Allen Robinson II is a name of note. His career-low 52 targets last season could prompt a desire for change, and the Rams are clearly shedding salary. With a weak free agent receiver class, Robinson's $15.75 million in 2023 cash flow could be a reasonable clip for a new team. As for Ramsey, several teams are pegging the Detroit Lions as a viable option, but Detroit has been a build-through-the-draft team under GM Brad Holmes, so true intentions are yet to be determined.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Jalen Ramsey has been a solid Ram!! When I talk about The Draft & 2nd rd picks ??

REALLY? 2019 DRAFT?

Taylor Rapp & David Long??
IMO TAYLOR RAPP has gotten a Free Pass!

David Long was (Young) Raw coming out of Michigan.He always has been in the Mix.
With Aubrey Pleasant coming in we could see him brought back?
Troy Hill - LMAO (HATERS) they both fit Raheem Morris’s (CB) defensive style.

Talk about a STUD — GREG FREAKING GAINES !! Another UW player that came out with Rapp.
He FREAKING really WON The RAMS a SUPERBOWL!! He matured in 2021 like no other RAM PLAYER!! He played HURT as well.In 2020 he & Morgan Fox (great mentor)were in Staley’s rotation getting after it!!

Nick Scott- make no-Bones about it!! I give so much credit for finding a CORE Special Teams player & eventually a Stud FS(thanks EWewdle).

The mentoring & drafting has been Key to Sean Mcvay’s success as a HC along with the development of players.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Watch for the Los Angeles Rams to potentially unload multiple players, not just cornerback Jalen Ramsey. Receiver Allen Robinson II is a name of note. His career-low 52 targets last season could prompt a desire for change, and the Rams are clearly shedding salary. With a weak free agent receiver class, Robinson's $15.75 million in 2023 cash flow could be a reasonable clip for a new team. As for Ramsey, several teams are pegging the Detroit Lions as a viable option, but Detroit has been a build-through-the-draft team under GM Brad Holmes, so true intentions are yet to be determined.

I went to training camp last season. Heard 2 people speak.
Sean Mcvay & Allen Robinson.

The 2nd one was Mcvay.He was just saying he was going to still be The Rams HC of the future. Sort of Glad he is HIDING OUT!!
The Media can be really Harsh. Sean Mcvay is a HECK of a FOOTBALL & Leader if Men!!
—So Grateful he is THE RAMS HC!

Allen Robinson said the right things. He is very well spoken.He didn’t do a lot of interviews after that.I saw Kendrick shut him down in practice.(oldbutnitdead)
& maybe that is why Raheem Morris is so in love with him.
—That said which is not lost in preseason was Matthew Stafford’s lack of Reps. The 2 players never really connected together or had good chemistry.

IMO The Rams bring back OBJ.Having those 2 WR was the plan all a long. Sean Mcvay builds relationships with players OBJ Crashed his wedding.

Jalen Ramsey’s time is due!! He is TOP DAWG & that’s it!! We not Me is what Sean Mcvay is ALL ABOUT

Like I will always say- totally appropriate ME some Jalen Ramsey!! He matured well & was an excellent Mentor.That is the beauty of the mentoring is The Growth. — Mcvay(The Rams) promote that in there players.

—The NFL - not for long..
thank you Jalen- take Taylor Rapp with you! Since 2019

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Btw - I talk a lot about Brian Song. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Caan

I just live the passion & the bonding of the movie & training camp. You see the realization ships over the years as well.

Rapp & Ramsey we’re never those 2 players.They were both in different groups as well.

Jalen last training camp was coming off surgery(shoulder) & pads were on.He was different in that effect. He stretched out with a trainer on his own. He takes care of himself. He is SUPER competitive!

In practice Jalen is always talking. To teammates about formation,to plays that were made.He has been so solid.
2019 he got traded to The Rams.
2020 no training camp. 2021 was Robert Woods & Ben Sko. Cooper Kupp was usually on the opposite side.
RR31 & Funk we’re at camp(rookies) & Jalen liked to hit the football(wrist) of Funk & RB’s. Talk about a Chitty RB group!! To think back then WTF were The Rams(Mcvay) thinking?
—RR broke his wrist, Williams sprained his ankle. A Long came
DD21!! The all HardKnocks flunky ! Saw him step up & said he will be a lot. He fit right in(comfortable).

—Knew(?) The Rams were a perfect match for Sony Micheal.
In preseason Stevenson did well. Saw a 80 plus yard 3TD game by him & Sony was odd man out.
—That was such a closet CHEER!! Once The Rams did get him I was like YES!! I still question if Sean Mcvay would have gone with The smaller RB.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry - late night RAMBLE

Brings me to last season & why Montgomery makes so much since. We are talking addition by subtraction(Jalen Ramsey).If we bring up The RB group you should be able to see the picture.
I go back to Cook(Vikings)(Gurley)just for depth & having a nice stable of RB’s.

In 2020 Johnathan Taylor was there.He was a NEED & eat RB in The Draft(IMO). He was slipping & being over looked(RB group).
There were 5 (7) RB’s.

KC had just beaten the niners in the superbowl & took 2 names from(lsu?) the last pick of the draft day 1.

Anyway point being is The Rams drafted Cam Akers(Jefferson,T.Lewis). I don’t know what The Rams has to do to move up to get Johnathan Taylor.

—What I know is Dillon was still there when The Rams drafted Van Jefferson.The Packers took him on the following pick after The Rams need that BIGGER RB to go with Cam Akers. K. Williams is at best 200(5) lbs.

Sean Mcvay likes Montgomery & wonder what the price is to sign him? Just really would help the group. Maybe finally drafting bigger RB is in the cards?

I like Van Jefferson- he played behind Josh Reynolds. Goff had that relationship with him.Then in 2021 he helped carry The Rams with Woods & Kupp.DJ1 got let go & Tutu was left to hide out on IR. OBJ came in to save the day.
—Sony really helped,until Cam Akers got healthy.Malcom Brown came back last season to help keep Akers on track to a strong finish of 2022.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Man, last off-season was such a massive failure.

Brian Allen and and Noteboom extended. Looks bad now, kind of did then. And proceeded to minimally invest in more OL.

Bobby Wagner signed, and now cut.

Allen Robinson signed, and now given permission to seek trade.

Lost on Von, and then other EDGE because of all there eggs in the Von Miller basket. Proceeded to do NOTHING to fill the void left by Von.

Jalen Ramsey likely being traded.

HATE how this organization has been handling shit lately.

Doesn't even include the Cam Akers situation.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Man, last off-season was such a massive failure.
1st-off, everything you wrote is accurate.
2nd ... Like you, I ain't real happy or optimistic right now.

This is just a little balance to your thoughts which I think are mostly in hind-sight.

I think back to twelve months ago.
Rams had one month from the Super Bowl to put together their 2022 roster (pre-draft).

Tell me where my memory and recollections are wrong. I'm getting old, and I do forget stuff.

Brian Allen and and Noteboom extended. Looks bad now, kind of did then. And proceeded to minimally invest in more OL.
The Rams had Five of their top Seven O-Linemen headed out-the-door in Whitworth (retiring), Corbett, Allen, Noteboom and Shelton (all free agents); and limited cap space (actually, the Rams were well-over the cap before several restructures).

The Rams were able to retain three of the four free agent OL. That seemed pretty good at the time.

Bobby Wagner signed, and now cut.
Wagner's signing was tied to the loss of Von Miller. The Rams took cap space allocated to Miller and signed Wagner. Most of the posters here; and almost all the Media Experts thought the Wagner signing was a strong addition. Rather than simply moving-on to the next best Edge, the Rams re-calibrated and spent their $ on a different area. Who were the next best Edge?

We all felt good about the Wagner; and he played really well.

Allen Robinson signed, and now given permission to seek trade.
The biggest disappointment of the Awful 2022 Season for me was the injuries.

The next biggest disappointment for me was Allen Robinson; and I still don't know what happened.

What I do know is that Stafford and Kupp wanted the Rams to sign Robinson; and Everyone thought it was a tremendous addition.

Lost on Von, and then other EDGE because of all there eggs in the Von Miller basket. Proceeded to do NOTHING to fill the void left by Von.
Disappointing but the 33-year-old, ten-year veteran and future Hall of Famer let his 'Daddy' make the decision for him. And, again, who were the next best options. I don't remember anyone pounding-the-table for another specific Edge. The Rams had Lewis and Hollins opposite Floyd; and those guys didn't even make it through the end of November.

Jalen Ramsey likely being traded.
This is less specific to Ramsey (also don't want him traded but kind of expecting it now), and more about the Rams trying their best last off-season to put a Championship-caliber-team on the field in 2022. Obviously, it did not work-out but at the time, most of us were confident and/or hopeful of a quality season.

Now, it looks like the Rams may be doing another re-calibration. This time ... of the entire roster.

HATE how this organization has been handling shit lately.
In hindsight, Yes ... However, there was very little negativity heading into Training Camp.

Doesn't even include the Cam Akers situation.
Similar to the Robinson comment, I wish I knew what happened there.

Again, I ain't happy either but I wanted to throw-out some comments for balance and objectivity.
At the time, I was kind of happy ... given the lack of cap space and draft capital ... with last off-season.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
I'm glad we already had a fairly weak defense and now we're going to have massive holes all over with no cap room and very little draft capital.

This isn't a retool, this is a rebuild.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Absolutely agree Jefferson for where he was drafted is imo a bust.

How so? So if a player in his second season goes for 800 yards on 50 catches and 6tds, injured himself in the Super Bowl, misses the entire offseason and a big portion of his third season, doesn’t come in and put up 1200 yards in 9 games he’s suddenly a bust? That makes no sense. He was drafted to be a third receiver. He had Bobby and Kupp, and OBJ and Kupp, then he had Allen Robinson and Kupp on a shortened season. You can not call him a busy after this last season

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How so? So if a player in his second season goes for 800 yards on 50 catches and 6tds, injured himself in the Super Bowl, misses the entire offseason and a big portion of his third season, doesn’t come in and put up 1200 yards in 9 games he’s suddenly a bust? That makes no sense. He was drafted to be a third receiver. He had Bobby and Kupp, and OBJ and Kupp, then he had Allen Robinson and Kupp on a shortened season. You can not call him a busy after this last season
Yah Van as a #3 WR is very good and there's nothing wrong with his production for his draft slot IMO.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
1st-off, everything you wrote is accurate.
2nd ... Like you, I ain't real happy or optimistic right now.

This is just a little balance to your thoughts which I think are mostly in hind-sight.

I think back to twelve months ago.
Rams had one month from the Super Bowl to put together their 2022 roster (pre-draft).

Tell me where my memory and recollections are wrong. I'm getting old, and I do forget stuff.

The Rams had Five of their top Seven O-Linemen headed out-the-door in Whitworth (retiring), Corbett, Allen, Noteboom and Shelton (all free agents); and limited cap space (actually, the Rams were well-over the cap before several restructures).

The Rams were able to retain three of the four free agent OL. That seemed pretty good at the time.

Wagner's signing was tied to the loss of Von Miller. The Rams took cap space allocated to Miller and signed Wagner. Most of the posters here; and almost all the Media Experts thought the Wagner signing was a strong addition. Rather than simply moving-on to the next best Edge, the Rams re-calibrated and spent their $ on a different area. Who were the next best Edge?

We all felt good about the Wagner; and he played really well.

The biggest disappointment of the Awful 2022 Season for me was the injuries.

The next biggest disappointment for me was Allen Robinson; and I still don't know what happened.

What I do know is that Stafford and Kupp wanted the Rams to sign Robinson; and Everyone thought it was a tremendous addition.

Disappointing but the 33-year-old, ten-year veteran and future Hall of Famer let his 'Daddy' make the decision for him. And, again, who were the next best options. I don't remember anyone pounding-the-table for another specific Edge. The Rams had Lewis and Hollins opposite; and those guys didn't even make it through the end of November.

This is less specific to Ramsey (also don't want him traded but kind of expecting it now), and more about the Rams trying their best last off-season to put a Championship-caliber-team on the field in 2022. Obviously, it did not work-out but at the time, most of us were confident and/or hopeful of a quality season.

Now, it looks like the Rams may be doing another re-calibration. This time ... of the entire roster.

In hindsight, Yes ... However, there was very little negativity heading into Training Camp.

Similar to the Robinson comment, I wish I knew what happened there.

Again, I ain't happy either but I wanted to throw-out some comments for balance and objectivity.
Personally, at the time, I was kind of happy ... given the lack of cap space and draft capital ... with last off-season.
I agree with what you responded with.

Love the Wagner signing, but what I call failure is he's gone already.

Arob was coming on strong before injury. Didn't have a lot of Off-season with Stafford and then dealt with Perkins and Wolford. Calvin Johnson would fail with then.

What pissed me off about the Von and EDGE position is as I mentioned and several last off-season is that we feared they'd put all the eggs into the Von basket and lose him. Eagles got Reddick on a solid deal and he was spectacular all season.

Rams are EXCELLENT at pay and trade.. Goff, Gurley (cut), Cooks, Wagner, Floyd (potentially) and Arob. They give a ton of bad deals in hindsight.