Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
If you’re looking for an example of a CB who successfully moved to FS, wouldn’t Aeneas Williams be the example from Rams history to bring up?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I remember Bartlett... white guy, undersized DT they moved to LB... he couldn't play LB.
At least Donald Evans had five productive seasons ... mostly as a 3-4, two gap DL.

Unfortunately, those seasons were in Pittsburgh (with Rod Woodson) and New York.

The Rams had tried to play Evans at Fullback ... UGH!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
At least Donald Evans had five productive seasons ... mostly as a 3-4, two gap DL.

Unfortunately, those seasons were in Pittsburgh (with Rod Woodson) and New York.

The Rams had tried to play Evans at Fullback ... UGH!
They seemed to be big on converting guys to new positions in that era.

I remember a late round WR Alfred Jackson (not the guy from Atl). This guy was from SD St I think. He was moved to CB. Mark Messner, another smallish DL from Michigan, was moved to ILB.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Detroit's defense was pretty bad at times last season. I would think if they're ready to take it to the next level and be a legit playoff team, a top tier lock down corner would be a huge addition to that defense. And obviously their GM does have a good rapport with the Rams GM. As far as Robinson, yeah I could be on board with a trade. Jefferson looks like he's ready to be a legit WR2. Tutu can be the deep threat.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d suggest trading Tutu for a 9th rounder and taking a cap hit. (Blue font for those of you who need it).
George Costanza Wow GIF by hero0fwar

dang

Legend
Detroit's defense was pretty bad at times last season. I would think if they're ready to take it to the next level and be a legit playoff team, a top tier lock down corner would be a huge addition to that defense. And obviously their GM does have a good rapport with the Rams GM. As far as Robinson, yeah I could be on board with a trade. Jefferson looks like he's ready to be a legit WR2. Tutu can be the deep threat.
I’ve seen enough of Jefferson to state very strongly he is not a legit WR2. WR2 has to complement WR1 in skill and scheme. Jefferson is a decent WR3 who uses his speed/good hands on occasion to take the top of the defense (vs being a full complement to Kupp).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If you’re looking for an example of a CB who successfully moved to FS, wouldn’t Aeneas Williams be the example from Rams history to bring up?

& - what does that have to do with the price of sliced bread.

Might as well bring up St.Louis Style B.B.Q. Would you trade it or put it different sauce on different meats?

All is good until you talk about price & where you got your B.B.Q..

Jalen Ramsey says he is a football player. Put him anywhere & he will ball out.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Detroit could turn that D around quickly if they used their latter 1st or multiple 2nds on acquiring Ramsey. The 2nd year of Hutchinson, Ramsey and using the 6 overall on an elite CB or edge. That could be a dangerous team.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Detroit could turn that D around quickly if they used their latter 1st or multiple 2nds on acquiring Ramsey. The 2nd year of Hutchinson, Ramsey and using the 6 overall on an elite CB or edge. That could be a dangerous team.
Use 6 on Christian Gonzalez and 18 on Nolan Smith and they have both instead of just one and an aging declining FS.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Use 6 on Christian Gonzalez and 18 on Nolan Smith and they have both instead of just one and an aging declining FS.

Who is the aging declining FS in that scenario? Or were you making a joke I’m confused bc Ramsey is a 28 yr old stud.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
I’m trying to sell Detroit on giving up More lol

But seriously, one is a college draftee that is questionable whether they become an nfl player (not guaranteed). The other is a 28 year old elite DB and day 1 impact player for that D.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is the aging declining FS in that scenario? Or were you making a joke I’m confused bc Ramsey is a 28 yr old stud.
Have you not read this thread? I'm well aware of how good he is but this thread is full of he's not as good anymore and we have to move him to FS.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I’ve seen enough of Jefferson to state very strongly he is not a legit WR2. WR2 has to complement WR1 in skill and scheme. Jefferson is a decent WR3 who uses his speed/good hands on occasion to take the top of the defense (vs being a full complement to Kupp).
Agree

View: https://247sports.com/Player/Van-Jefferson-33068/

Does ROD think that utilizing a #2 Draft selection for a WR#3 is a good investment?:bueller:
1678049638084.png

MachS

Hall of Fame
After Tutu and Van do you really want us to continue blowing 2nd round picks into WR? Van, Tutu, and ARob all are pedestrian and none are good enough to be our WR2, I agree. One philosophy is to continue drafting them until we find one. But we're in a tough spot with a lot of holes. We need OL, we need RB, we need WR. Thats all on offense, not to mention the glaring holes we have on D.

With the talent we have it's tough to see this team being a championship contender next year if I'm being honest. Too many needs.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
After Tutu and Van do you really want us to continue blowing 2nd round picks into WR? Van, Tutu, and ARob all are pedestrian and none are good enough to be our WR2, I agree. One philosophy is to continue drafting them until we find one. But we're in a tough spot with a lot of holes. We need OL, we need RB, we need WR. Thats all on offense, not to mention the glaring holes we have on D.

With the talent we have it's tough to see this team being a championship contender next year if I'm being honest. Too many needs.
Easier schedule won't hurt...just sayin.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Serious question… do you read the thread before you comment?

In that case Packman Jones once he got older & Jerry Jones brought him back.
Spags had Honeybadger playing SS.
Sean Mcvay put J Joyner at FS from a nickel CB. Everyone was like how bad was Fisher(Williams) nit figuring it out. Rams franchise him & then got a Comp
Pick. Fishers son was like if you don’t want to play just leave. Great coaching a player up.

-Raheem Morris & Jalen Ramsey worked well together & have mad respect.Thing is is Jalen wants to be GREAT & playing safety anytime soon is only going to hurt his credibility as a GREAT CB.
Of course he would be solid. Everyone who wonders why he isn’t just a shut down CB might have doubts of his talents.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
In that case Packman Jones once he got older & Jerry Jones brought him back.
Spags had Honeybadger playing SS.
Sean Mcvay put J Joyner at FS from a nickel CB. Everyone was like how bad was Fisher(Williams) nit figuring it out. Rams franchise him & then got a Comp
Pick. Fishers son was like if you don’t want to play just leave. Great coaching a player up.

-Raheem Morris & Jalen Ramsey worked well together & have mad respect.Thing is is Jalen wants to be GREAT & playing safety anytime soon is only going to hurt his credibility as a GREAT CB.
Of course he would be solid. Everyone who wonders why he isn’t just a shut down CB might have doubts of his talents.
Jalen spelled backwards is Nelaj, which suggests that the Cover 2 defense is smarter than the average bear named Yogi because that’s why the lady is a tramp.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Have you not read this thread? I'm well aware of how good he is but this thread is full of he's not as good anymore and we have to move him to FS.
No, I think what has been stated is that he is a guy that, due to his physical style of play, that he could play another 5 yrs at a high level. And maybe the last 2 or 3 of those yrs could be moving him to FS.

In other words unlike some top CBs, who may have lost a step as they get older or if they get injured, that he is the type of player that could move to FS and still be an impact player.