Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
My bottom line...

If trading Ramsey resulted in us being able to draft a LT who ends up starting for us for the next 5+ years and maybe makes a Pro Bowl or two along the way, I'd be satisfied.
Problem is, we cant know that. The reason i have always been for Us trading is we are always getting a known. Picks are never that.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Amen. Snead is an overrated talent evaluator. Trading Ramsey for some third rounders will be a waste.

I hope Snead is holding out for a mid to high first round pick and more. Otherwise they keep Ramsey and restructure his contract.

Are you sure about that? like Tutu Atwell and Creed Humphrey. Identical talent levels? I hate the trading down. Snead has not capitalized on it enough imo.

Trading a pick for higher picks the next year? Sure. I like that idea, if a team is in total rebuild mode.
Well, I think when your highest pick is in the 50's or 60's you tend to reach for a boom or bust type to get potential 1st round talent and impact at that later pick.

Having multiple picks in the top 70 allows a team to let thr board come to you and take the BPA at need positions.

So you could argue by acquiring 2 additional premium picks (top 80) it takes some pressure off of Snead and gives him more swings.

Otherwise why have a draft if you assume he won't draft a good player?

His best draft was 17' when he had multiple picks in the top 100. Didn't do as well in 21' with the Tyrell misses, but the more the merrier as far as I am concerned.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Problem is, we cant know that. The reason i have always been for Us trading is we are always getting a known. Picks are never that.
Neither are players. Ramsey could blow out a knee in preseason and never return to form. Every decision involves risk.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
And he molests collies.
ruroh.jpg

#RE-ROO

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Oh, just STFU, Jalen.

This is not about respect, or God, or you against the world, or evil, or... and I know this is the most difficult part for you to understand.... YOU!!!!

You're a player. A great player. A valuable player. But you're not perfect (not even close), and certainly not irreplaceable.

I know that "we not me" is just a motivational slogan, but there's some serious truth in that platitude The team is bigger than you. If you don't get that, and you just want to be all about your brand, your legacy, and your money... bye. I've been a Rams fan for 40+ years. There are some here who have been with the team longer. We all appreciate what you brought to the team, but if you're not all in (and no, I don't really care why), well, then... bye.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Man I can only hope we getting a shit load of picks, someone's first born, some action for all us on the forum from the girls in the boobies section, Creed Humphrey, and lots of free booze and drugs for this forum to survive if this goes down.

Hmmm, you are a shrewd negotiator, but…

Deal!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Neither are players. Ramsey could blow out a knee in preseason and never return to form. Every decision involves risk.

Like The Jags found out about Jalen’s bad back before The Rams traded for him.
His contract is higher now though & maybe that is why his value isn’t as high as Reports?

oldnotdead

Legend
And yet, Morris presided over a defense that ranked 5th in the NFL in passer rating allowed in 2021.
And yet Morris presided over a defense that ranked between 14 and 18 depending upon the metric in 2022. Don't forget that under Staley that defense ranked #1 then dropped two consecutive years under Morris. People call that trending downwards. You can't ignore they went from #1 to #18 in two years under Morris.

Merlin got it right. Morris at best is mediocre. He plays his defense hoping for an offensive mistake. Staley played his defense trying to create those mistakes. Sorry but you can't take Morris' performance in isolation.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
And yet Morris presided over a defense that ranked between 14 and 18 depending upon the metric in 2022. Don't forget that under Staley that defense ranked #1 then dropped two consecutive years under Morris. People call that trending downwards. You can't ignore they went from #1 to #18 in two years under Morris.

Merlin got it right. Morris at best is mediocre. He plays his defense hoping for an offensive mistake. Staley played his defense trying to create those mistakes. Sorry but you can't take Morris' performance in isolation.
No, at his best, he had the No. 5 defense that won a Super Bowl (in fact, if you look at the second half stats from Bengals game, it was his defense that was the main reason we won).

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
No, at his best, he had the No. 5 defense that won a Super Bowl (in fact, if you look at the second half stats from Bengals game, it was his defense that was the main reason we won).
Sure as hell better have won. Had 4 HOF players on it. Donald, Ramsey, Miller and Weddle not to mention Floyd, Gained, Ashawn and E Jones and Dwilliams.

Anyone of us could call plays blindfolded and win a damn game with those players as DC.