Ramsey traded to Miami for ‘23 3rd rd pick(#77 overall) and TE Hunter Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I guarantee you this is BS and he’s not getting traded this off-season. But if he is, I reserve the right to change my mind :)
They are listening and if someone knocks their socks off, then maybe they do it. Might include multiple high picks and maybe absorbing more of his cap hit this yr if that's possible.

If they get such an offer it might make a lot of sense to move him.

dang

Legend
Who could the trade calls have come from and why are they Detroit?!?
Detroit owes us a little for the Goff/Stafford trade. I love Stafford for getting us the Super Bowl but I sure felt like Detroit bent us over a bit at the time because McVay was so in love with Stafford. And Getting Goff plus the picks boosted that offense.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Two firsts from Detroit. Time to fleece them.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I would take a 1 and 3 this yr and a 2 next yr...and hopefully they could take on more of his dead cap if possible.

One thing to note is a 1st this year isn't worth a whole lot... supposedly only maybe 12-15 guys with 1st round grades.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
What do you mean a team pays his dead money?
$32.1M dead cap hit. This is before his base and other salvageable salary is subtracted out. I've seen others here post it's about a $19Mish net hit, which does not create any cap space this year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
$32.1M dead cap hit. This is before his base and other salvageable salary is subtracted out. I've seen others here post it's about a $19Mish net hit, which does not create any cap space this year.
Teams cant pay other teams dead cap in a trade

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I’d take a 1st and C Frank Ragnow from Detroit and be very happy

I would too but they would be foolish to give up Ragnow. They've got a solid OL up there and that has allowed Goff the chance to get back to where he was in 2018 with us. If I was Brad Holmes, that would be a non-starter with me unless there was another guy waiting in the wings.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

If that's the case, it doesn't seem to make any sense to trade him. In the salary cap era, the only reason you trade a guy with his talents is to create cap space, and while I don't know all of the particulars of how it works, there is no point in trading Ramsey if we don't get a nice chunk of cap room.

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Given his contract and what teams will have to take on, everyone here is going to be extremely disappointed in the trade return. It's a salary dump for '24, imo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team we trade him to if he's traded doesn't pay that they pick up his remaining base pay and bonuses.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
From the article:

"With the trade discussions already underway, Ramsey's destination should be known within the next few weeks. And with the 28-year-old still playing at the top of his game, he could be a hot commodity for teams with the capital to make an exchange."

League groupthink working in our favor here. IMO. If true of course.

Turducken

Starter
Per overthecap.com here are the cap savings from post June 1st trades. I believe they can designate the trade as happening after June 1 (not sure whether that still helps us get under the cap before the upcoming league deadline though).
Screenshot_20230224_224229_Chrome.jpg