Rams vs Saints

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
I thought I was anxious last week, man I don't about you guys but I'm going crazy, why does the week have to be so long? And it's gonna be even worse if we go to the bowl, I'll have 2 weeks to analyze and agonize

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That’s what this game comes down to. If the Rams keep Thomas in check, they’ll win. If they don’t, they’ll lose.

They have to stop the run as well, not to mention a better tackling effort than we saw in the first half of the first game on the short passes. Doing that is necessary to put Brees in long yardage situations. If the Saints run the ball well, they'll be dink 'n dunking their way down the field every possession.

Brees is going to make some plays, Thomas & Kamara will too. But limit them and get Brees into as many third 'n longs as possible and I think we'll be good to go.

Ram77

Rookie
Hear me out- This game is huge. The Saints are a great team with a great QB. He torched us 2 months ago. Due to the modern NFL rules you are not allowed to breathe on the QB. I just don’t see the Rams stopping the Saints without slowing Brees down. Just listened to Michael Strahan talking about beating the Patriots in 2007 Super Bowl. He said Brady was knocked down on almost every play even after the whistle. The refs were more lenient then. Why don’t the Rams hit Brees late and HARD a few times after he releases the ball. Who cares if we get penalized 15 yards. He would lead them to a TD or score anyways. This way you punish him and get into his head by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. Im not saying to do anything malicious or to injure him. Im saying just give him a few love taps after he releases the ball. Pretend its 1995 if you are the defense and put Brees on notice by roughing him up a little. Remember how Belichek was hitting Warner in 2001. A few 15 yd penalties are nothing if we can get in Brees’ head

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Rams dont have to hit Brees late, Donald will hit him plenty and all within the rules
trtain
Unless he doesn't, like the first 4 games, the bears game, and I think another one where he didn't do much if anything.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Unless he doesn't, like the first 4 games, the bears game, and I think another one where he didn't do much if anything.

You mean the games where he was being blocked by two or three players and then held anyway? Yeah he sucks. :sneaky:

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Supposed to be a giant snow storm moving through Sunday lol. Pray to god I don't lose power.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
AD was a ghost in the 1st go around and it wasn't due to triple teaming....(I'm sure he was held a lot). He had QB pressures against Dallas, but no sacks......I think I heard on Saturday that the Rams are 8-0 or so when AD has a sack? (can't confirm that, but a reporter said it).

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
You mean the games where he was being blocked by two or three players and then held anyway? Yeah he sucks. :sneaky:
I didn't say he sucks. I didn't mean that he sucks. I meant he might not get his sacks. And others might not take advantage of he gets triple teamed. It's happened before. I would never talk bad about Donald. I'm just saying he's been shut out before, for whatever reason.

And if AD was ever held they'd call it, fair and square, correctly every time, because the refs are good at their jobs. Just ask @LesBaker . He'll tell you.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
AD was a ghost in the 1st go around and it wasn't due to triple teaming....(I'm sure he was held a lot). He had QB pressures against Dallas, but no sacks......I think I heard on Saturday that the Rams are 8-0 or so when AD has a sack? (can't confirm that, but a reporter said it).

Yeah could be right, though I haven't researched it... sometimes those guys that research this info are correct!

I know this much, in the games lost while the Rams were under McVay, Donald has just a 1/2 sack total. (vs Atlanta). So yeah I'd love to see him take Brees down with the ball especially.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I didn't say he sucks. I didn't mean that he sucks. I meant he might not get his sacks. And others might not take advantage of he gets triple teamed. It's happened before. I would never talk bad about Donald. I'm just saying he's been shut out before, for whatever reason.

And if AD was ever held they'd call it, fair and square, correctly every time, because the refs are good at their jobs. Just ask @LesBaker . He'll tell you.

I never said that.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
:ROFLMAO:
This game will not be like the earlier game, it's all or nothing from here on..
train

It probably won’t be like the last game, but the results will most likely be.

But seriously, everyone is going to step things up, it’s not like only the Saints players will show up, or only the Rams players will show up. These guys are professionals, and they will all approach this as “all or nothing from here on”.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Pride goeth before a fall, take a cautionary tale from the Cowboy fans last week, you don't want any crow gumbo Sunday night ;)

It's gonna be a great game, both teams will bring it we'll just have to see who comes out with the win