GAME DAY Rams vs Chargers Aug. 17

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
@Elmgrovegnome the information you received is false and you have to understand some people are clueless as they are the same people that claimed Ronnie Rivers played. However, Rivers dons #20 and Boston Scott #30 and they are similar in size and the announcer in the first game said Rivers carried the ball and it was Scott, this was in the first game.

People need to understand the play by play guys can error too.
In the case of miss identifying Scott as Ronnie Rivers, it was Andrew Siciliano; and he did it Eight times on Eight different plays on the Rams' first possession. It was amazing that, with two other people in the booth and, presumably, a producer and spotter in his ear, no one corrected him ... on or off the air.

I like Siciliano. Think he does a good job on the NFLN but he is not a play-by-play guy.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, I was forced to watch the Chargers broadcast this past game and I'm not sure Dan Fouts got a single Rams player name right throughout the game. Him and his broadcast partner were butchering them left and right.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its kind of funny, but the strongest indication that Tutu is making the team is in the fact that he hasnt played in any of the games.
I suppose that could all change Saturday. We saw Dresser Winn last year in game #3, I wonder if we'll get a repeat performance

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its kind of funny, but the strongest indication that Tutu is making the team is in the fact that he hasnt played in any of the games.
I suppose that could all change Saturday. We saw Dresser Winn last year in game #3, I wonder if we'll get a repeat performance
It's an interesting dynamic of a guy not playing in preseason then getting outplayed. And out played to the point of him losing his spot on the depth chart. Like what does McVay say sorry I told you that you were safe but wow Wittington balled the hell out so see ya lol. Glad it's not me making these decisions.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, I was forced to watch the Chargers broadcast this past game and I'm not sure Dan Fouts got a single Rams player name right throughout the game. Him and his broadcast partner were butchering them left and right.
Listening to Fouts is like watching the game with one of my uncles. He's never been a pillar of play-by-play excellence in that regard. But I don't mind listening to a game with him calling it. He sort of fades into the background, which actually is a good thing nowadays.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
It's an interesting dynamic of a guy not playing in preseason then getting outplayed. And out played to the point of him losing his spot on the depth chart. Like what does McVay say sorry I told you that you were safe but wow Wittington balled the hell out so see ya lol. Glad it's not me making these decisions.
Agree, and think ... except for someone not playing due to injury ... those players that have not dressed (about thirty) are considered certain to be part of the 53-man-roster.

However, I am hoping for one exception ... Troy Reeder. Personally, I would prefer Hummel and Omar Speights as the 3rd and 4th off-ball-LBs.

I am hoping (not expecting) they have both shown enough to move ahead of Reeder, who ... I assume is a great guy, knows his assignments and always give the maximum effort. Just felt he was too limited, and a liability, in 2021; and don't figure his limitations have declined since then.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Agree, and think ... except for someone not playing due to injury ... those players that have not dressed (about thirty) are considered certain to be part of the 53-man-roster.

However, I am hoping for one exception ... Troy Reeder. Personally, I would prefer Hummel and Omar Speights as the 3rd and 4th off-ball-LBs.

I am hoping (not expecting) they have both shown enough to move ahead of Reeder, who ... I assume is a great guy, knows his assignments and always give the maximum effort. Just felt he was too limited, and a liability, in 2021; and don't figure his limitations have declined since then.
What the hell do they see in Reeder? He’s late to practically every play that’s if he doesn’t get completely washed out. I cannot think of one great play on special teams either! Anyone?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And you'd swear the bolts were slaughtering us - especially early on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think McVay tells anyone that they are safe, particularly if they are anywhere near the cut line. That said, I think if Tutu were to be cut, it wouldnt be because of Whittington, moreso an Xavier Smith. Alas, this time next week we'll have some more clarity.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

What the hell do they see in Reeder? He’s late to practically every play that’s if he doesn’t get completely washed out. I cannot think of one great play on special teams either! Anyone?
I think Reeder is in a similar boat to Tutu. Limited in preseason and then guys below him are performing well. It's a shitty mix for sure because when it comes to cheap youth it's only a matter of time for all these guys.

WestCoastRam

Legend
It's def not out of the realm of possibility that a guy being held out (cause he's made the team) ends up being beaten out by a star in the preseason. Just not likely.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Elmgrovegnome the information you received is false and you have to understand some people are clueless as they are the same people that claimed Ronnie Rivers played. However, Rivers dons #20 and Boston Scott #30 and they are similar in size and the announcer in the first game said Rivers carried the ball and it was Scott, this was in the first game.

People need to understand the play by play guys can error too.
I haven’t watched it myself yet. So I went by what others said. I didn’t see Atwell returning kicks or punts in the first game.

However, I’ve read more than one article saying his been practicing with Bennett and the third team. I can’t verify it because I’m nowhere near CA and Rams camp.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Its on Youtube

It sounds like Tutu has been passed on the depth chart, if you go by practice, as hrs been working with the third team.. He's behind Whittington and Johnson. According to one article I've read he may have been passed up by Smith and Stoops. Trading him is the only way to get anything for him. His contract won't be big enough to create s comp pick, especially if the Rams sign someone.

Maybe they are testing him at kickoffs just to see if they can find something he excels at, before giving up. But they tried that in the past and it didn't work.
I'd like to see the reports he's been working with the 3rd team. The reports I've seen say 2nd team.

And honestly, I'm not going by reports. I'm judging by McVay's actions. We know he doesn't play starters and secure players in the preseason. Whittington, Johnson, Smith, and Stoops are playing in the preseason, Atwell isn't. He's safe!

If perchance I'm wrong and he indeed is #6 or #7 on the depth chart, I'm not moved by a pick swap or a 7th. Exchanging 253 (see what I did there?) for 220 isn't worth giving up vital depth. Last year, when Kupp went down he was super productive. In fact, despite being surpassed by DRob towards the end of the year, he was still our #3 most productive WR last year. I'd rather keep the depth and potentially get nothing than trade for what his estimated value is.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's def not out of the realm of possibility that a guy being held out (cause he's made the team) ends up being beaten out by a star in the preseason. Just not likely.
Yes it could happen, especially if you consider a few factors. What teams have they practiced with (1st/2nd/3rd), and that they are already a known commodity when it comes to strengths and weaknesses. There is little gained in the evaluation process by playing 3rd year players who have seen regular season action, in preseason games when trying to learn about new players.

If Reeder was playing in preseason it might indicate a lack of quality depth at ILB.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
The Rams need to hit on an all-around great WR with elite speed eventually. They’re trying I’m sure. In the meantime they’ve brought in Watkins, Cooks, DJax and Beckham jr. At least those guys could start and do alot of things you know?
You're arguing against them keeping Tutu but ironically this is why he's safe. You're right! The Rams DO need to hit on an all-around great WR with elite speed. It's not easy. If it was, they would have already found that guy since as you state, they've been looking for 8 years now.

Unfortunately, they don't have that guy. They have no other speed element on the team. They're not gonna get rid of the one guy with speed they do have for pennies.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
I haven’t watched it myself yet. So I went by what others said. I didn’t see Atwell returning kicks or punts in the first game.

However, I’ve read more than one article saying his been practicing with Bennett and the third team. I can’t verify it because I’m nowhere near CA and Rams camp.
He did practice with Bennett one day, but that was when Stafford was out and Bennett was running the 2nd team.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Me too. I spent the afternoon at a BBQ and used my phone to watch the game there. I have Youtube TV so I can watch anywhere. But the only broadcast where I was at was from Sacramento station. The Fresno station is what I get at home and they have the Rams people. So I just turned the volume down and watched without the sound. I did miss some of it as I was going back and forth watching the Dodgers at the same time.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'm really interested to see if Limmer makes the 53.. seems like a lock and seems like a guy who can really play in the league. Future ramifications are definitely interesting. If they decide to save some money next year, who knows? After 25, it's very cheap to move on from Jackson, for example.