Rams trying to trade Tru J.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
this rumor is bs.
schefter is not reporting it
nor glazer, caplan, silver, yates nobody besides rap.

just snead and demoff trying to create a market for tru.
this front office is horrible.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ams-actively-trying-trade-cb-trumaine-johnson
Trumaine Johnson's irresolute situation had an interesting twist on Tuesday, the first day teams can negotiate with outside free agents, when a source confirmed to ESPN's Josina Anderson the Los Angeles Rams are actively shopping their primary cornerback.

There's no reason for all the bellyaching.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't feel bad for any young man who gets paid to play a sport making 5-10x what he'd make had he got just an entry level job out of college. And going bankrupt? Its disgraceful

I do. But to explain why would involve discussing things that border on politics, so it's probably not a good idea.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
yeah, no shit. of course they are shopping him. but there is no market for him and snead and demoff trying to create that.
unlike ian rap, josina only says that the rams trying to trade him. but i don't see anything about teams being interested.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah, no crap. of course they are shopping him. but there is no market for him and snead and demoff trying to create that.
unlike ian rap, josina only says that the rams trying to trade him. but i don't see anything about teams being interested.

I guess we'll find out, Jeff. I figured you'd be fishing in Montana right now instead of posting on a Rams message board.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
yeah, no crap. of course they are shopping him. but there is no market for him and snead and demoff trying to create that.
You ever have anything positive to say?

KOWALSKI

Rookie
wade was an awesome hire
aaron donald is a hall of famer
and the rams are the greatest franchise in the nfl.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Todays rumor mill just isn't as good as it used to be . only 24 hours till free agency and hardly a decent rumor out there

In the old days when we were this close to free agancy there were hundreds of usless rumors out there

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole TruJo situation has been IMO brilliantly played by the front office. They clearly didn't want him back at that price and read the market well knowing teams with cap space wanted him. So they tagged him with the correct tag, netting two firsts if he signed elsewhere. Now with him having signed the tender they float out the thought he might not be a fit and not be signed long term. This drove up interest from the other teams encouraging them to try to trade for him. If they used the other tag all the could get was a comp next year and had no leverage to trade him. This whole situation tells me Wade doesn't think he's a fit and there are FA out there he thinks he can work with in addition to draft picks.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whole TruJo situation has been IMO brilliantly played by the front office. They clearly didn't want him back at that price and read the market well knowing teams with cap space wanted him. So they tagged him with the correct tag, netting two firsts if he signed elsewhere. Now with him having signed the tender they float out the thought he might not be a fit and not be signed long term. This drove up interest from the other teams encouraging them to try to trade for him. If they used the other tag all the could get was a comp next year and had no leverage to trade him. This whole situation tells me Wade doesn't think he's a fit and there are FA out there he thinks he can work with in addition to draft picks.
Unless they don't trade him and the Rams are stuck with that albatross of a cap hit
If this was by design and they cant pull off a trade then its a total failure

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
this rumor is bs.
schefter is not reporting it
nor glazer, caplan, silver, yates nobody besides rap.

just snead and demoff trying to create a market for tru.
this front office is horrible.

Thank you much. Tru signed so there goes that theory .

--Tru holds all the cards then. Paid the most of any CB in The NFL . That's sick .
Cousins the same.Takes some balls & trust in yourself.
It is a win win man !! How is this not good ?? The Rams have to be able to protect themselves as well.
The Rams or any other team has to pay a big contract. The player has to play though for another contract the following year .

So, what if he ends up being paid more than any Corner in the NFL? Next year another corner will have that title. In four years he will seem like a bargain compared to what the top corners will be paid. The cap keeps going up and so do the contracts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Unless they don't trade him and the Rams are stuck with that albatross of a cap hit
If this was by design and they cant pull off a trade then its a total failure
Not at all, we get the use of a decent CB for a year and are practically guaranteed the top comp pick for him next year. It's so much easier and healthier to be positive and constructive than just be negative about everything. This will work out for the best.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
I'm gonna use this thread for the sake of venting, because I don't wanna start another one.

WHERE THE FUCK ARE ALL THE RAMS RUMOURS??? This is the most boring start to free agency I can remember.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all, we get the use of a decent CB for a year and are practically guaranteed the top comp pick for him next year. It's so much easier and healthier to be positive and constructive than just be negative about everything. This will work out for the best.
But you were saying that the reason the Rams played this card is because he doesn't fit in Wade's defense. So now we are paying a guy who doesn't fit 16.7 mill? Yeah that wouldn't be good.
Of course I don't think this is by design at all, I don't think the Rams tagged him just to trade him

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well we can all be positive, but this trade would of went in a blink of an eye if it was someone like AD tier, but since its Tru we may not be so lucky and we already inflated his worth. Let's just hope we see W's with whoever we sign. Go Rams!