Rams trying to trade Tru J.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
If they tagged him with intention of trading him, and they are unable to trade him, its a blunder
I think the Rams are much smarter than that. I truly believe they like him and hope they can sign him long term but when the phone started ringing, they listened. As they should.
But if they intentionally tagged him so they could trade him, and are unable to do so? That's a gaff. Now they are stuck with a guy who's eating up their cap room and who they weren't committed to.

Let's put it this way. They tagged him with the possibility of a trade. I think they put it out there that he is available. Is hoping some team will bite or taking a calculated risk? In the past Snead and Demoff seem to have a feel for the market.

As you believe they like him so that a possibility too.

They want a long term deal so that a possibility also.

All in all the Rams still have 3 options that they started with once they franchised him. In the end I think they are able live with any outcome but, would prefer to trade him. I've been thinking that since Snead made the announcement that they would try to trade him.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And again there's the difference in our view of this and other situations. I try to think about how we can benefit from them, you chose to be negative and think about how bad they are. I got nothing but love for ya my Rams brother, we just have a fundamentally different outlook on things.
Lol
You said they are brilliant for the move because Wade doesn't think he's a fit and that they can get compensation for him. So if they are unable to trade him and are stuck with his contract and Wade not thinking he's a fit, how is that a good thing?
Doesn't make me negative for disagreeing with your theory, it just doesn't add up IMO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard a rumor that TruJo is getting traded straight up, for Julio Jones....No, you don't have to search the internet for confirmation...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they want to trade him, take what they could get.
Had they not tagged him, and he signed elsewhere they would have that 16.7 additional cap room to spend. In all likelihood, the players they signed would wash with his loss and they wouldn't get compensation

Exactly, and they know it so they figured if they franchise him and trade him for a pick they just beat the system.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lol
You said they are brilliant for the move because Wade doesn't think he's a fit and that they can get compensation for him. So if they are unable to trade him and are stuck with his contract and Wade not thinking he's a fit, how is that a good thing?
Doesn't make me negative for disagreeing with your theory, it just doesn't add up IMO

Maybe the are just asking too much right now and they will concede to accept less in a few days. A fourth or a fifth round pick is better than no pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol
At worst they get a startingCB and a third round pick next year. The brilliant is the way they played it sets up well to drive up the trade part.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe the are just asking too much right now and they will concede to accept less in a few days. A fourth or a fifth round pick is better than no pick.
No way they accept less than the third they'd get as a comp next year. There are rumored to be 5 teams interested. More suitors drive up the a price usually not down.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Tru is not being traded. He has been franchise tagged a second time making him due the highest salary of any corner in the NFL this year and not people would even call him a top 20 talent at his position. So who would be insane enough to trade for him on an overpriced one year deal that is fully guaranteed and he can just walk away next season to the next highest bidder?

Only way he has any trade value is if we get him to sign a long-term deal.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
At worst they get a startingCB and a third round pick next year. The brilliant is the way they played it sets up well to drive up the trade part.
At worst they get a CB who may not even fit the system, and due to his cap number they weren't able to sign a premier FA o-lineman or WR and then lose him next year with out compensation.
Seems like a considerable downside to me.
I'm sticking with they love Tru, glad they can keep him, hope to sign him long term but if they were offered a deal they couldn't refuse, they'd let him go
accept less than the third they'd get as a comp next year
That's not a guarantee. They could sign a FA themselves and therefore not get compensation.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tru is not being traded. He has been franchise tagged a second time making him due the highest salary of any corner in the NFL this year and not people would even call him a top 20 talent at his position. So who would be insane enough to trade for him on an overpriced one year deal that is fully guaranteed and he can just walk away next season to the next highest bidder?

Unless he is worried about a career ending injury. A trade along with an extended contract with more up front money would be preferable to what he has now, imo.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Whoever wants to trade for him would make sure that Tru signs a long term deal before pulling the trigger. The deal would be worked out before the trade happened.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Actually, the Rams should NOT sign him as any signing bonus would immediately become dead money against the Rams cap and all this year. Plus, the Rams would have to pay that money.

What happens is that the other team that's agreed to a trade works out a contract in principle. Sometimes they work out the contract in detail which is why after a franchised guy is traded, they almost immediately sign their long term contract.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Actually, the Rams should NOT sign him as any signing bonus would immediately become dead money against the Rams cap and all this year. Plus, the Rams would have to pay that money.

What happens is that the other team that's agreed to a trade works out a contract in principle. Sometimes they work out the contract in detail which is why after a franchised guy is traded, they almost immediately sign their long term contract.

I was never advocating that we sign him, I was simply stating that nobody is trading for him as his current contract stands and the only way Tru would sign an extension is if it was more desired than his current 16.5 mill with a large possibility of another huge payday in a year. He isn't being traded because nobody is going to offer him that type of deal looking at last year's decline and a ton of quality CBs in the draft.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He doesn't have a contract. He's signed the tender, which would be meaningless in a trade, because contingent upon a trade would be that Tru and the team he'd be traded to had already agreed to terms.

So, to put it plainly, he's not going to make $16M+ this season with anybody. He's going to make whatever he and the team he's going to agree to.

Which means we may hear something like this: The Texans have agreed to a trade with the Rams for Trumaine Johnson for a 2nd round pick in 2017. The Texans are expected to sign Johnson to a 5 year, $60M deal with $29M in guarantees.

Something like that.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
He doesn't have a contract. He's signed the tender, which would be meaningless in a trade, because contingent upon a trade would be that Tru and the team he'd be traded to had already agreed to terms.

So, to put it plainly, he's not going to make $16M+ this season with anybody. He's going to make whatever he and the team he's going to agree to.

Which means we may hear something like this: The Texans have agreed to a trade with the Rams for Trumaine Johnson for a 2nd round pick in 2017. The Texans are expected to sign Johnson to a 5 year, $60M deal with $29M in guarantees.

Something like that.

Please, for the love of god... Please let this happen.

I want both Zay Jones AND Juju/Godwin

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

Something like that.

image.jpeg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Something like that.
I love it when you talk dirty.