Rams trying to trade Tru J.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Who is mary kay cabot? i dont see how the browns arent after Tru or Barron right now with all the cap room they got with Wialliams.

She's actually one of the best beat writers in the NFL for any team. It's almost a shame that such good reporting is wasted on the Factory of Sadness...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She's actually one of the best beat writers in the NFL for any team. It's almost a shame that such good reporting is wasted on the Factory of Sadness...

The Browns fans I talk to do not agree.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The Browns fans I talk to do not agree.

To each their own, I guess, but when it comes to ACTUAL reporting, she's on it.

She isn't a rumor monger nor is she afraid to be critical. That said, she's fair. For fans who either want to constantly bitch about the Browns or be pollyanna's, I suppose her no nonsense approach would not be their favorite.

I always liked her reporting because it was coherent. That, in and of itself, is a minor miracle when it comes to sports reporters.

Half the time, reading a sports report leaves me wondering if I had a stroke... or wandered into a dimension where time means nothing... game summaries involve more flash forwards and flashbacks than any movie from any director you can name.

imho, she's just a really good reporter. Fans? Well, we know how that goes.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
And this is why I've been on sabbatical. I'm just too impatient. I feel all anxious and stir crazy and that's just about the Tru deal...that might happen...

These off-seasons are kinda a blessing because they feel like they last forever. And considering it feels like I blink and 10 years have gone by, this time slowing mechanism isn't unwelcome.

I just have to not dwell on the waiting. I'm not always successful.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To each their own, I guess, but when it comes to ACTUAL reporting, she's on it.

She isn't a rumor monger nor is she afraid to be critical. That said, she's fair. For fans who either want to constantly bitch about the Browns or be pollyanna's, I suppose her no nonsense approach would not be their favorite.

I always liked her reporting because it was coherent. That, in and of itself, is a minor miracle when it comes to sports reporters.

Half the time, reading a sports report leaves me wondering if I had a stroke... or wandered into a dimension where time means nothing... game summaries involve more flash forwards and flashbacks than any movie from any director you can name.

imho, she's just a really good reporter. Fans? Well, we know how that goes.

I'm not commenting on her writing skills or ability to compose a narrative. She may be great at that. However, what I heard from Browns fans is that she doesn't tend to break news. She tends to be a follower. Basically, the rumors and reports she breaks are either following a more "in the know" media member or aren't reliable.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Well, yeah. she's not that kind of reporter. She's an old school reporter who doesn't much go in for trying to outdo Jay Glazer or Adam Schefter.

And, honestly, there's already too damn much of the rumormongering. What there isn't a ton of are good reporters in sports who CAN actually write coherently about what's happening with the football team.

So, yeah, if they want a local Schefter, she's not that. But I would argue that wanting that is beyond silly.

Then again, I'm not surprised Cleveland fans can't appreciate what's good right in front of them.

At least as Rams fans, we KNOW what's good, but the team usually ends up undervaluing the good we have and overvaluing the good elsewhere. I mean when was the last really good FA the Rams signed? Aeneas Williams?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I was actually thinking of Lynch when I wrote that...LOL.

And I read a baseball recap about a year ago that I had to get pen and paper out and reconstruct it...physically...because it was so incoherent, that I felt like it should have been using Douglas Adams' guide to verb conjugation while time traveling.

I think David Lynch gets ideas for scripts from bad sports writing...

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

That was exactly what I meant @flv.... of course he can be traded but the team that wants him will know well before a deal is done, what the parameters of a long term contract will amount to. If a trade is a real possibility, I hope trader Les gets it done today.

images.jpg
NFL-trade-e1461179422237.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was actually thinking of Lynch when I wrote that...LOL.

And I read a baseball recap about a year ago that I had to get pen and paper out and reconstruct it...physically...because it was so incoherent, that I felt like it should have been using Douglas Adams' guide to verb conjugation while time traveling.

I think David Lynch gets ideas for scripts from bad sports writing...

Say what you will about Lynch, but Blue Velvet is a fucking masterpiece.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't see us settling for less than a 3rd (or maybe an early 4th). Tru gets us a comp 3 if he walks in the future.

He had no choice but to sign the contract.

My issue is that I don't want other teams doing the same thing. If every team uses its franchise tag and tries to trade its top FA, it'll ruin the system. It's not as simple as that, but I'd hate this practice to become more widespread.

What happend with the Norman deal last year with Carolina last season ?

As a FA the players are going to get paid. If tagged what is the comp for a team to claim ? I thought it was like 2 first round picks

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What happend with the Norman deal last year with Carolina last season ?

As a FA the players are going to get paid. If tagged what is the comp for a team to claim ? I thought it was like 2 first round picks

It is two first round picks to sign a franchised player (if he's a non-exclusive rights tagged player).

Norman was tagged, did not sign his tender, and Carolina ultimately removed the franchise tag designation from him. That is what made him a free agent.

KOWALSKI

Rookie
this rumor is bs.
schefter is not reporting it
nor glazer, caplan, silver, yates nobody besides rap.

just snead and demoff trying to create a market for tru.
this front office is horrible.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It is two first round picks to sign a franchised player (if he's a non-exclusive rights tagged player).

Norman was tagged, did not sign his tender, and Carolina ultimately removed the franchise tag designation from him. That is what made him a free agent.

Thank you much. Tru signed so there goes that theory .

--Tru holds all the cards then. Paid the most of any CB in The NFL . That's sick .
Cousins the same.Takes some balls & trust in yourself.
It is a win win man !! How is this not good ?? The Rams have to be able to protect themselves as well.
The Rams or any other team has to pay a big contract. The player has to play though for another contract the following year .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. Just a bleeding heart who feels more for the guys who will be bankrupt five years after retirement than the billionaires. ;)
I don't feel bad for any young man who gets paid to play a sport making 5-10x what he'd make had he got just an entry level job out of college. And going bankrupt? Its disgraceful

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
this rumor is bs.
schefter is not reporting it
nor glazer, caplan, silver, yates nobody besides rap.

just snead and demoff trying to create a market for tru.
this front office is horrible.

Will see . Don't know why you say that though ?