OFFICIAL Rams Training Camp 2023

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I see no evidence whatsoever to support this

I mean, I'm happy to be wrong here and have them be dominant but curious to know what you're seeing that would leave you to believe that... or am I misreading your response?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I would agree and say he doesn't seem like a complete miss yet if that makes sense, however, gotta say it's highly disappointing that he's already been ruled out as a starter at guard as there is no way he is unseating Hav as a starter.
Definitely disappointing. I recall McVay saying after they selected him that he expected Bruss to compete for a starting job that first year. Shit happens of course. The injury is what it is. But somewhere along the line they decided he's not good enough on the interior.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I mean, I'm happy to be wrong here and have them be dominant but curious to know what you're seeing that would leave you to believe that... or am I misreading your response?
I should clarify that I have not READ anything that would support the theory of our OL being top half of the league. As far as I know, we have competition at 3 spots (at least) right now. Bruss looks like he will need another year (at least) and has been moved to RT behind our one consistent starter. Boom, Allen, Jackson, etc have never been plus starters. Avila is a rook.....

I hope I am the one who is proven wrong here, I really do. I just don't see the talent on that line.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I should clarify that I have not READ anything that would support the theory of our OL being top half of the league. As far as I know, we have competition at 3 spots (at least) right now. Bruss looks like he will need another year (at least) and has been moved to RT behind our one consistent starter. Boom, Allen, Jackson, etc have never been plus starters. Avila is a rook.....

I hope I am the one who is proven wrong here, I really do. I just don't see the talent on that line.
Ah, okay, wasn't quite reading your comment right, thought you might be more "pie in the sky" and thinking they would be dominant.

Perhaps I'm the one being "pie in the sky" as we really not only need the line to remain healthy but at least 2 guys to really shine on the line to move us up to around 16th in the league.

Hav isn't gonna be able to provide more than what he has in the past and may even slip this year.
- Can Anchrum surprise and take his slow rise up the depth chart and turn it into a meteoric rise through the 2023 season?
- Allen and Shelton seem to be average starters when healthy and prob won't show more than that.
- Can Avila be an all-rookie his 1st year, not sure I'm seeing that from him in camp. Maybe by end of year??
- Noteboom has played both as an average and above average tackle, what will we get from him this year, could he be better than that, prob not?
- Jackson, can he really take the LT position from Noteboom and run with it, again would probably have to really blow up (in a good way) this season

So realistically you'd probably need Avila/Jackson and/or Anchrum to star at their respective positions to make us a top half of the league unit.

Ooooofph, now I'm pissed at you for making me do this kinda analysis. ;)

But here's hoping!

oldnotdead

Legend
Anchrum is undersized in terms of length but his play radius is good with his long arms. He has bulk but in all his play he got pushed around alot so hopefully he's strengthened over the past year. If he can play so be it he has the ability to move for a man of his weight. Allen is technically the better center, but that said he's yet to prove he can stay healthy.

I'm not worried about RG because they can pick from Anchrum, Shelton, and Jackson. If McClendon gets healthy IMO he's the one they would like to see as a starter at RG. That said IMO it's not if they can find a RG it's who is it going to be?

It's like I'm not worried at LT as I think Noteboom is beginning to round into form. If he can't stay healthy the Rams have a replacement on hand with Jackson, which is no different than having both Allen and Shelton at center. The overall depth on this team is perhaps as good as it's ever been.

I'm not counting Bruss out at RT. He's simply got to adjust to the NFL level of play. He will be a work in progress, but the guy has the feet to play outside at RT. He now has to develop the strength and technique to play the position. I think he will be fine next year. If not again the Rams will have Jackson as their first option.

Havenstein is who he is, an expensive average RT. His biggest strength is his durability. Why they don't have Higbee give him a chip block assist makes no sense. They know speed beats Rob every time.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anchrum 6'2" 320lbs is undersized? He got pushed around a lot? By who?

I was at every practice last TC and Anchrum was solid. Same this TC. I don't get the lack of love this guy gets. He's good at pass blocking, gets to the second level in run blocking and doesn't commit stupid penalties.

I guess getting hurt taints your name.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Disappointing news about Bruss being moved over to RT, at least temporarily. There's been very little news on Warren McClendon, A.J.Arcuri, Zach Thomas, Mike McAllister & Sean Maginn, so it looks like during the upcoming pre-season games we'll be seeing a free-for-all across the OL. Our starters appear set, but depth may be a concern should we incur injuries. Hopefully we will continue in the future with drafting OG/C's for interior OL positions and get away from drafting OT's as interior conversions.
jmo.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Disappointing news about Bruss being moved over to RT, at least temporarily. There's been very little news on Warren McClendon, A.J.Arcuri, Zach Thomas, Mike McAllister & Sean Maginn, so it looks like during the upcoming pre-season games we'll be seeing a free-for-all across the OL. Our starters appear set, but depth may be a concern should we incur injuries. Hopefully we will continue in the future with drafting OG/C's for interior OL positions and get away from drafting OT's as interior conversions.
jmo.

McClendon's been injured but McAllister has been getting some love and Zach Thomas has been the LG on the 2nd line for most of camp if I'm not mistaken. He played there yesterday and didn't look lost.

All three are developmental guys to watch in the next few years.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I was at every practice last TC and Anchrum was solid. Same this TC. I don't get the lack of love this guy gets. He's good at pass blocking, gets to the second level in run blocking and doesn't commit stupid penalties.

What I remember being most excited about from last preseason was his ability to stand up guys on the pass rush. Solid, solid base.. and long enough arms to get hands on the guys. It was hard for me to tell how much he moved guys in the run game or get to the second level.
High-character guy with an obvious work ethic. I’m rooting for him.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

Anchrum was undersized for playing Right tackle at Clemson but he played well at that spot for them.... and it's suited him well to play a position in the NFL he's more physically suited for.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Anchrum is undersized in terms of length but his play radius is good with his long arms. He has bulk but in all his play he got pushed around alot so hopefully he's strengthened over the past year. If he can play so be it he has the ability to move for a man of his weight. Allen is technically the better center, but that said he's yet to prove he can stay healthy.

I'm not worried about RG because they can pick from Anchrum, Shelton, and Jackson. If McClendon gets healthy IMO he's the one they would like to see as a starter at RG. That said IMO it's not if they can find a RG it's who is it going to be?

It's like I'm not worried at LT as I think Noteboom is beginning to round into form. If he can't stay healthy the Rams have a replacement on hand with Jackson, which is no different than having both Allen and Shelton at center. The overall depth on this team is perhaps as good as it's ever been.

I'm not counting Bruss out at RT. He's simply got to adjust to the NFL level of play. He will be a work in progress, but the guy has the feet to play outside at RT. He now has to develop the strength and technique to play the position. I think he will be fine next year. If not again the Rams will have Jackson as their first option.

Havenstein is who he is, an expensive average RT. His biggest strength is his durability. Why they don't have Higbee give him a chip block assist makes no sense. They know speed beats Rob every time.
Man do you love Hav!