Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can’t see Noteboom taking a significant enough pay cut to warrant an extension/restructure
And being an OT by trade, he could probably garner a decent contract on an open market.
As it stands currently, He costs 30 mill over 2 years if they keep him, or costs 15 mill if they cut him.
If they met in the middle, he takes a 7.5 mill cut, he still costs 22.5 mill (cap space) over 2 years
Id argue he could get more than 7.5 mill guaranteed as a FA
I agree with @Kupped. Noteboom will get backup level offers.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
We will see.
In the guise of “one man’s trash is another man’s treasure” a team may see him as a cheap starting tackle.
Which will be a 6-10 mill per year deal
Yeah, premium position will garner $$ regardless. LTs don't grow on trees. Some teams have a lot of cap room so he will get overpaid.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I wonder if they would go after one of the big name RBs in FA to pair with Williams? Josh Jacobs or Barkley would look nice in horns.
The play action would really be respected.The Rams paid Gurley,so I don’t think that would be to far fetched ? Wonder what the price tag would be though ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams & Alaric Jackson should get him resigned or a comp pick ?
IMO - which doesn’t mean Jack will get a Comp Pick for? If not they will address LT.

I know some disagree ,but Joesph Noteboom is a nice security blanket .

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The play action would really be respected.The Rams paid Gurley,so I don’t think that would be to far fetched ? Wonder what the price tag would be though ?
And Willians would be a great compliment and would keep him healthier.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Rams & Alaric Jackson should get him resigned or a comp pick ?
IMO - which doesn’t mean Jack will get a Comp Pick for? If not they will address LT.

I know some disagree ,but Joesph Noteboom is a nice security blanket .
Noteboom is a security blanket with numerous holes in it. We can do better if he doesn't want to take a big pay cut.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Noteboom is a security blanket with numerous holes in it. We can do better if he doesn't want to take a big pay cut.
He is like a donut type spare tire. It will fill in and get you where you need to be in the short term, just don't expect to run on it all season long.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Of course - & your stating this why ? When hasn’t Noteboom done what is right or asked from him by The Rams ?
He is a team player & mentor.I’m also not saying The Rams won’t try to do better ?I’m sure they have a plan,or better have a plan to address The LT position for the future.

My point is Noteboom can & has been a starting LT.That is also the position he plays the best.He knows The Rams system & there’s a reason they signed him to that big contract.

If Alaric Jackson isn’t resigned Noteboom is security for at least another season,even if they draft a LT in the Top 100 ? He was a day 2 draft pick in 2018.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He is like a donut type spare tire. It will fill in and get you where you need to be in the short term, just don't expect to run on it all season long.
Pure gold
In fact, from now on I think I'll start referring to the donut spare tire as a "Noteboom"

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Of course - & your stating this why ? When hasn’t Noteboom done what is right or asked from him by The Rams ?
He is a team player & mentor.I’m also not saying The Rams won’t try to do better ?I’m sure they have a plan,or better have a plan to address The LT position for the future.

My point is Noteboom can & has been a starting LT.That is also the position he plays the best.He knows The Rams system & there’s a reason they signed him to that big contract.

If Alaric Jackson isn’t resigned Noteboom is security for at least another season,even if they draft a LT in the Top 100 ? He was a day 2 draft pick in 2018.
If Noteboom is our starter at LT, we are fucked. He'll last a few games at most before going on IR. Sorry, but that guy is made of glass and that's the reason the Rams are essentially asking him to take a pay cut or he'll be cut from the team.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
and that's the reason the Rams are essentially asking him to take a pay cut or he'll be cut from the team.
I think the 30 mill of cap space (between '24 & '25) that he'll cost, to be just a back up this season is more the problem, alas I did hear rumors of his career in hollywood await for the re-boot of
Samuel L Jackson Glass Movie GIF by Glass