Rams Tendering LT Alaric Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Don’t see anyone giving him a contract (that the Ram's would not match) and a 2nd round pick, so it looks like he’s our starting LT!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well if Jackson is viewed as a starting LT by some NFL teams out there it is possible they sign him away. Because you probably won't find a starter at that position in round 2 this year.

Since I don't see him as a starting LT (I think he's more a swing at best) I'd guess he sticks around for us which is good. Glad they decided to go with the round 2 tender. Just in case.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
This was a smart move by the Rams, I was afraid that they were going to lose him and there is no way in hell I want to roll with the Boom!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
2nd round tender is $4.8M so… you give up the pick and need to sign him to something >$4.8M.

Does a team do that, for AJ? I wouldn’t think so. :thinking:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
AJax reacts:

Okay…so I made that up.

"Never gonna let you go, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!"

A-Jax's - and Havenstein's, 'cause why not? - exact words to OND.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Good to see the tender. I think he is fairly underrated and he's young. He's a decent pass blocker that doesn't allow a ton of sacks - I think 5 last year. He has also had 21 starts and only one career holding call. Looks like we'll be running right or middle. Lock him up and move on.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Good to see the tender. I think he is fairly underrated and he's young. He's a decent pass blocker that doesn't allow a ton of sacks - I think 5 last year. He has also had 21 starts and only one career holding call. Looks like we'll be running right or middle. Lock him up and move on.
According to a couple reports I have read, including one just a minute ago on Rotoworld, Jackson was charged with giving-up just one sack in 2023; and only four sacks in his career (873 pass blocks).

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I think the Rams will part ways with Noteboom-- There is no way they are paying him a $5 million roster bonus on Monday. He also has a $10 million base salary.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He has played well enough to warrant a contract offer. 10 mil per year is certainly reasonable for a starting LT. Maybe someone offers him a 2/3 year deal like Dotson's only with less money. 30 mil with 20 mil guaranteed? He's not great but has put up decent numbers according to A2M. If some team needs a starting LT they could do much worse than AJ. Hope he stays.

We all want a LT drafted early (rounds2-3?) but AJ himself was an UDFA I believe. You can fing talent in the later rounds.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
He has played well enough to warrant a contract offer. 10 mil per year is certainly reasonable for a starting LT. Maybe someone offers him a 2/3 year deal like Dotson's only with less money. 30 mil with 20 mil guaranteed? He's not great but has put up decent numbers according to A2M. If some team needs a starting LT they could do much worse than AJ. Hope he stays.

Plus a 2nd round pick.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Right now, AJax would be the 5th highest paid OL on the team, including his backup, Noteboom (ahead of Avila, who is on rookie deal).

That’s pretty unusual for a LT.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Great news. Now the Rams can draft an OT early, cut Noteboom, save $5M total, and gain $10M cap over the next two years right? That means we can push $10M to the future with restructures with out feeling the pain.
Thanks Noteboom for your service.

dang

Legend
Don’t see anyone giving him a contract (that the Ram's would not match) and a 2nd round pick, so it looks like he’s our starting LT!
Transition LT maybe but only for this year. I could see him taking over for Hav in couple years though.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok.
Looks like our ‘24 OLine is set.

Defense seems to be the pick at 19

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the Rams will part ways with Noteboom-- There is no way they are paying him a $5 million roster bonus on Monday. He also has a $10 million base salary.
and 15 mill of dead money....
Time to cut bait, whether it be post June 1 or not

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
"Never gonna let you go, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you, never gonna make you cry, never gonna say goodbye, never gonna tell a lie and hurt you!"

A-Jax's - and Havenstein's, 'cause why not? - exact words to OND.

Oops, meant "give you up". My bad, haha.